Bombers at Lions GDT

Just now, Goalie said:

A better than average oline is missing. O also looks better when Lawler demski lucky all on field. With Wilson. To much Johnson on O. He’s a wasted spot. 

I agree. I said when they went 0-4 that it was all oline issues. With our first win under Streveler I believe it was because he could escape the pressure where Zach couldn’t. Seems the oline is getting better but still needs some work. Play calling is also an issue but I swear every year the play book doesn’t fully open until Labour Day and then we start seeing things we haven’t seen all year. It’s like they try hiding it until they need it. 

We struggle mightily with short yardage so you know the line is a huuuuge problem. For years we had elite oline. This year we appear to be cfl average. Reality, we playing 3 Americans there and still struggling. 

3 minutes ago, Bomber_fanaddict said:

I agree. I said when they went 0-4 that it was all oline issues. With our first win under Streveler I believe it was because he could escape the pressure where Zach couldn’t. Seems the oline is getting better but still needs some work. Play calling is also an issue but I swear every year the play book doesn’t fully open until Labour Day and then we start seeing things we haven’t seen all year. It’s like they try hiding it until they need it. 

Feel and felt the same. Zach getting sacked lots this year compared to previous years. Line is issue 1 2 3 4 and probably 5 as Big Stan isn’t not gonna be around much longer as a player 

Edited by Goalie

3 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

Streveler is both hesitating like crazy and way upright on those under centre plays.  It's like he feels like he should try to do more than get a couple yards and then goes "oh ya, 3rd and 1"

Yes this is true also. Tough to coach will and drive out of a guy tho. Still think with him it should be automatic a yard even 2 or less. Line ain’t it and the play calling don’t help. 

Edited by Goalie

1 minute ago, Goalie said:

Yes this is true also. Tough to coach will and drive out of a guy tho. Still think with him it should be automatic a yard even 2 or less. Line ain’t it and the play calling don’t help. 

There's no use running that look if Streveler isn't comfortable with it.

Will continue to be problems until they adjust.  Lots you can do with him and running backs, Demski/Whitehead etc. to open up a ton of vertical gaps, use fakes and option looks.

2 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

Ford

Struggled the first few games honestly. Was picked on early and often. But adjusted game 3. Maybe too early for Rourke. Ford didn’t have the hype and slurping of TSN tho. 

Edited by Goalie

22 minutes ago, Captain Blue said:

You are certainly entitled to your opinion and you've made it very, very well known. You're basically spamming the board at this point. He isn't perfect by any means but he's the second-winningest coach in Bomber history and led us out of the worst era we had in a long time. It ain't a fluke. The guy is a really darn good coach.

if u dont think he hd one foot out the door and if that season didnt turn around, that he would have been canned than you are very mistaken....and he was basically had to be made to make some certain changes

He also got 10 yrs as well....so wins will addup....never said he wasnt a good coach, but he gets more credit than deserved...he definitely was part of it....but not the be all main reason

Starting to really feel like the real Bombers. Hopefully the offense can catch up with how well the D is playing, once that gets traction, this team will be tough to play against the back half of the season.

Can only imagine a huge crowd next week vs a horrendous Hamilton team.

This D is fun. They will give up the run and bet that no one is actually willing to stick with it... and sure enough BC was pounding the ball and Rourke immediately goes and throws a pass that should be picked and then the next pass is picked. Cfl offensive coordinators are all morons.

1 minute ago, Rod Black said:

Which could lead to the worst comeback in cfl history. Could happen.

We should probably give him a break. He just got back from the war and his HOF induction ceremony ran late into last night. 

8 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

This D is fun. They will give up the run and bet that no one is actually willing to stick with it... and sure enough BC was pounding the ball and Rourke immediately goes and throws a pass that should be picked and then the next pass is picked. Cfl offensive coordinators are all morons.

Then they try to run on a second and 10 later and get just fisted. Glorious. 

1 hour ago, Super Duper Negatron said:

What's missing on offense do we think? We have the weapons to be scoring more than 20. I'm not a fan of the play calling but that seems like an easy out?

Play calling and QB execution are the two big ones for me. We absolutely need to be getting Brady more touches and ideally letting Streveler actually be a QB when we bring him in. But the other thing is accepting that Zach is going to be a B+ quarterback at his best at this point in his career. He had one throw tonight that was exceptional (the corner to Demski for the long gain), one boneheaded (the pick) and a bunch that were good but not great. He didn't seem to be hitting receivers in stride, ball seemed to be a bit late or a bit behind

22 of 31 288. TD. Pick. That ain’t bad. Zach appears to be managing the game the last few weeks with lots of pressure in his face still. One bad throw but one bad throw don’t make it a bad game. Zach was decent. Wasn’t forcing balls. I mean he is what he is right now. 

Edited by Goalie

1 hour ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

There's no use running that look if Streveler isn't comfortable with it.

Will continue to be problems until they adjust.  Lots you can do with him and running backs, Demski/Whitehead etc. to open up a ton of vertical gaps, use fakes and option looks.

It seems like he's frequently going C gap or wider on those runs. Not sure why he's not going inside. Lack of push by the interior OL?

21 minutes ago, K-Shack said:

one boneheaded (the pick)

after watching the replay of the receiver on that route I'm not blaming Collaros as much for the pick. Receiver could have ran that one better which is probably what Collaros was expecting. 

2 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

after watching the replay of the receiver on that route I'm not blaming Collaros as much for the pick. Receiver could have ran that one better which is probably what Collaros was expecting. 

That's good to know. I just saw it from the stands. I'll watch the replay. It did look like the DB ran the route for the receiver (Wilson?)

I’m good with game managing Zach. It’s working. Need more TDs tho. Oline trash and that’s not a quick fix. 

get Adams on and Johnson off. But bighill maybe hurt so.  Anyone else close to off the injured list like fox? Lawson? 

Edited by Goalie

3 hours ago, Captain Blue said:

I for one would like to hear more about the Rourke-Adams relationship. I need Suitor to assure me again that its great. Strong. Best it's ever been. Maybe get Farhan to give me sideline chatter about how the two exchange hugs every fifteen minutes to keep their relationship strong. 

Bet Adams keep praying the Jumbotron falls on Rourke's head.