Bombers at Lions GDT

2 hours ago, Captain Blue said:

You are certainly entitled to your opinion and you've made it very, very well known. You're basically spamming the board at this point. He isn't perfect by any means but he's the second-winningest coach in Bomber history and led us out of the worst era we had in a long time. It ain't a fluke. The guy is a really darn good coach.

Sure hope they fire his ass before he reaches 200 wins!

so one thing about our starting extra Canadians at the start of the year is that two games ago it allowed us to replace national starters with imports while not disrupting starters at any other positions.  Lucky in for Woli and Randolph in for Neuf.

speaking of national starters, I didn't hear Kramdi's name at all. that seems like a good sign.  SAM isn't a position you can hide at.  Just two tackles this game.

2 hours ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

Streveler is both hesitating like crazy and way upright on those under centre plays.  It's like he feels like he should try to do more than get a couple yards and then goes "oh ya, 3rd and 1"

is upright running a sign that the player is looking more to accelerate into a big play instead of pounding through a hard one?

18 minutes ago, johnzo said:

so one thing about our starting extra Canadians at the start of the year is that two games ago it allowed us to replace national starters with imports while not disrupting starters at any other positions.  Lucky in for Woli and Randolph in for Neuf.

speaking of national starters, I didn't hear Kramdi's name at all. that seems like a good sign.  SAM isn't a position you can hide at.  Just two tackles this game.

is upright running a sign that the player is looking more to accelerate into a big play instead of pounding through a hard one?

It’s a style of more open field running braced for contact.  Not the wedge play where you just have to follow the surge of the OL and roll forward.

The endless searching gaps for something vertical seems to me to be the doing too much aspect on Streveler.

He should be in pistol with Oliviera 5-7 yards deep and someone jet motioning across too. You have 3 options for D to worry about plus potential for a pass.

Even on 3rd and half a yard I’m doing that.

1 hour ago, Fatty Liver said:

Sure hope they fire his ass before he reaches 200 wins!

So, in response to you saying that my son was whining about not being able to see all CFL games in Seattle on Hulu. Not so. He has an account with CFL.ca. He tried watching the Hamilton-Edmonton game this past Saturday. He was unable to watch it as he doesn't have the CBS Sports App. The message on his television thru CFL.ca was that the game was unavailable in his area. I know as I saw it.  So, whenever there is a CFL game covered by CBS Sports he can't watch it. Any other game he can watch on CFL.ca. It's his decision not to get the app. He doesn't want to. They just had a baby in May & she's a handful right now & that is his priority. You see the same thing up here with TSN 2-5. Some fans refuse to buy the extra channels.

Edited by SpeedFlex27

42 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

It’s a style of more open field running braced for contact.  Not the wedge play where you just have to follow the surge of the OL and roll forward.

The endless searching gaps for something vertical seems to me to be the doing too much aspect on Streveler.

He should be in pistol with Oliviera 5-7 yards deep and someone jet motioning across too. You have 3 options for D to worry about plus potential for a pass.

You could run pin and pull with that, you could read an end, you could have a play side fast screen, which could be to lawler or a slot with him running a fade. 
 Kola isn’t a masher. Our ol is built around zone schemes. It only makes sense to play that way. 

Have not read this entire thread so I may be repeating stuff already covered. Sitting behind Bombers bench, a few observations: There's not much chatter between the QBs in-game. No one really talks to ZC on the sidelines either, except Buck. Zach and Strev - virtually no contact between them whatsoever. That seems odd. Almost as if things are not especially warm between them. As time passes I am less & less confident in Collaros's play as a QB and wonder if, like BLM, his career is catching up with him. This has been evident since last year. The pick tonight was not Zach's fault though, it was Wilson who executed a poor route. O'Shea had a chat with him after the play. At one point, maybe half way through Q2 O'Shea came over to the O as a group and gave them collective **** - said C'mon guys let's go this is ******* embarrrasing. That was actually kind of impressive. A great coaching move. Bighill pulled a hammy early in the Q1. He was active, coaching a bit on the bench. He should stick to doing that on a fulltime exclusive basis, IMHO. The D line with Garbutt and Haba is a tight group - you can tell they like each other. It looked like Demski was banged up pretty badly on that one play but once he got to the sidelines he seemed to shake it off. in the 4th BO took a very nasty hit - exposed by a careless dump pass that should not have been thrown. It's almost like Collaros didn't care the Oliveira was going to get creamed - he threw it anyhow. Brady is tough but that one hurt. I hope he's okay - he did not return to the game. Not as much love and chemistry between this bunch as in prior years. It's more businesslike. Maybe that's OK. BC sucked on both sides of the ball. Castillo signed my #14 jersey so I'm happy about that and, of course, thrilled with the win. Go Blue!

7 hours ago, K-Shack said:

It seems like he's frequently going C gap or wider on those runs. Not sure why he's not going inside. Lack of push by the interior OL?

Even he knows the center is an undersized liability 

9 hours ago, Booch said:

if u dont think he hd one foot out the door and if that season didnt turn around, that he would have been canned than you are very mistaken....and he was basically had to be made to make some certain changes

He also got 10 yrs as well....so wins will addup....never said he wasnt a good coach, but he gets more credit than deserved...he definitely was part of it....but not the be all main reason

He was a major part of it. MAJOR. It is disingenuous to suggest otherwise. He created and nurtured the culture that led to the winningest stretch in our past 40 years. He does not get more credit than he deserves. He deserves a lot of credit. Were there others that contributed? Of course there were. Miller supplied the vision, Walters built a formidable front office that is the best in the league, but why sell MOS short? He's not perfect, we've discussed that ad nauseum here, but he's no scrub either. He is a HOF HC that is one of our best in franchise history.

8 hours ago, 17to85 said:

after watching the replay of the receiver on that route I'm not blaming Collaros as much for the pick. Receiver could have ran that one better which is probably what Collaros was expecting. 

I think we've actually had a lot of that problem this year and it's to be somewhat expected given all the new faces in our receiving corps. 

7 hours ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

Not sure I'm doing that on 3rd and inches, but definitely on 2nd and 1-2. There is no logical reason we can't do as you say in that situation.

10 minutes ago, GCn20 said:

He was a major part of it. MAJOR. It is disingenuous to suggest otherwise. He created and nurtured the culture that led to the winningest stretch in our past 40 years. He does not get more credit than he deserves. He deserves a lot of credit. Were there others that contributed? Of course there were. Miller supplied the vision, Walters built a formidable front office that is the best in the league, but why sell MOS short? He's not perfect, we've discussed that ad nauseum here, but he's no scrub either. He is a HOF HC that is one of our best in franchise history.

I think a lot of people have been frustrated with the way this season has been going, and there are legitimate areas of concern about O’Shea especially around roster management, however yeah it also does rub me the wrong way when I see comments that call him an idiot or a moron, it’s just really disrespectful because O’Shea has helped build the best stretch of Bomber teams I’ve ever had in my life time, I went through a lot of bad Bomber teams in my life time and I know after four grey cup appearances the expectations get stronger but people easily forget what it’s actually like to have someone who’s clueless running the Blue Bombers. 

Imagine even remotely implying, nevermind flat out saying, a head coach that has taken his team to four straight championship games, winning two of them, and being the 5th fastest coach to win 100 games was an idiot or didn't know how to do his job.

You don't have to agree with who he starts and who he sits, and you don't have to agree with how he utilizes the game day roster. But still...

Imagine.

Comedy.

10 hours ago, Booch said:

if u dont think he hd one foot out the door and if that season didnt turn around, that he would have been canned than you are very mistaken....and he was basically had to be made to make some certain changes

He also got 10 yrs as well....so wins will addup....never said he wasnt a good coach, but he gets more credit than deserved...he definitely was part of it....but not the be all main reason

Sure maybe there are different timelines where he isn't successful but you can say that about anyone and anything. All we know is how it played out here. He didn't just "get" ten years here, he's earned them. There's a reason it's a rare accomplishment. 

46 minutes ago, rebusrankin said:

Have we talked about the job that Jordan Younger has done with the D? Seems like it took a few games to get the system implemented but now it is lights out.

Early in the season you could see the lack of chemistry and communication in the secondary and I was critical of Younger - I didn’t like what I saw from the defense overall.  With that said, they ARE rounding into form and even BA has played better the last little while.

We are still weak through the middle and lack a big body that can truly push the pocket.  

Haba didn’t look terrible last night.  He walked his tackle back into Rourke’s face a number of times and has a decent motor but his speed rush leaves something to be desired.  Gets too deep and can be washed downfield by the tackle then has to banana back around to get a line to the QB (his sack is a perfect example of both his motor and him getting too deep on his rush).

This is just being nit picky though after a couple of stellar weeks overall by this group.

Just now, BomberBall. said:

Did Ayers get on the field for some defensive reps?  I’m pretty sure I saw him out there in the 2nd half and I was going to rewind to confirm, but forgot…. I probably got sidetracked yelling at Suitor.

Suitor is hilarious. At first I was impressed he knew about Oliverias head banging thing he does when he really gets going but he ended up mentioning it about a dozen times through out the game, then I was like oh okay it’s a TSN talking point. 

2 minutes ago, BomberBall. said:

Did Ayers get on the field for some defensive reps?  I’m pretty sure I saw him out there in the 2nd half and I was going to rewind to confirm, but forgot…. I probably got sidetracked yelling at Suitor.

Haven't been able to watch the game yet but that was my question too. Did Ayers get in at all when Biggie went out?