Bombers at Lions GDT

Didn’t get to the thread until this morning but did watch the game. Thought the D played well and have rounded into a good group. Big hill is slow but his experience helps make up for that. With that said Wilson is hurt so the LBs are hurting a little. Still they played well! The special teams also did well. Our return game still leaves something to be desired but maybe they too are a work in progress. Our O is still puzzling to me. O line is not as good as years gone by so the entire scheme has to adjust to that. Not sure it has. I still question Pierce and his play calling. Short passes that rely onYAC yards works some of the time not all the time. Sweeps also work some of the time not all the time. And our intermediate and long passes are not as frequent as perhaps should be. Speaking of passing can anyone explain to me why when Lawler returns all Collaras seems to look for is him? Wilson proved to be a very reliable receiver as Demski yet he always seems to be looking for Lawler. Not hit on Lawler here but the same happened with schoen when Lawler first came back. Not sure it is all on collaras but more on Pierce. Finally the Streveler short yardage game has to change. Once upon a time defences didn’t know what to expect. Now they do and shutting him down three times in two games is concerning. With all that said they are improving and so good luck the rest of the way.

Have to say our D has certainly begun to show a helluva lot of improvement, since the slow start they had at the beginning of the season...Younger seems to have finally put his stamp on the defence, although Ritchie Halls mentoring is certainly there also....with the 'bend but don't break' philosophy....Shutting any club down for a full game and then 80 percent of the next one is admirable and deserves high praise....The team is coming around on offence as well and making a statement that we are not to be taken lightly down the stretch ...Great game and I hope it continues

1 hour ago, Arnold_Palmer said:

Suitor is hilarious. At first I was impressed he knew about Oliverias head banging thing he does when he really gets going but he ended up mentioning it about a dozen times through out the game, then I was like oh okay it’s a TSN talking point. 

Sync'd CJOB to game- missed out on Suit's comments about Brady headbanging. What did he say?

2 hours ago, voodoochylde said:

Early in the season you could see the lack of chemistry and communication in the secondary and I was critical of Younger - I didn’t like what I saw from the defense overall.  With that said, they ARE rounding into form and even BA has played better the last little while.

Younger seems to be content to let BA play more traditional Safety lately which has worked out better for all, he's no longer blitzing the QB or coming up to fill gaps every second play, they are using other personnel to fill these roles.

6 minutes ago, Fatty Liver said:

Younger seems to be content to let BA play more traditional Safety lately which has worked out better for all, he's no longer blitzing the QB or coming up to fill gaps every second play, they are using other personnel to fill these roles.

Bighill also has been used in a more traditional way the past few weeks and that too is paying off.

I'm looking at a  somewhat likely scenario where labor day can be a first place showdown between Winnipeg and Sask.   

- Argos with Kelly beat the Riders next week in Toronto.

- BC loses one of 2 games to Ottawa

- Winnipeg beat Hamilton in Winnipeg.

If this happens the winner on labor day is in first place.

3 hours ago, rebusrankin said:

A big body like Adams?

I wonder how serious Bighill's injury is?

Probably not as serious as most in here hope.

From the two of Adams and Haba I'm personally happy that Haba is back. I don't think that Adams has a serious future as a defense end. I view him more as a DT who can fill in at DE.  Adams could ride the bench all year and he'd be able to step in a play DT next season and be fine. We know that already. We've been finding and replacing DT's for years now with great success. Haba is a pure DE. I think Garbutt is more of a natural DE who can fill in at DT. The opposite of Adams. The focus needs to be more on developing DE's as Jefferson isn't getting any younger and I don't see a long history  over the past few season finding legit DE's.   Any of our former DE recruits signing big contracts with other teams like our DT's have?

11 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

So, in response to you saying that my son was whining about not being able to see all CFL games in Seattle on Hulu. Not so. He has an account with CFL.ca. He tried watching the Hamilton-Edmonton game this past Saturday. He was unable to watch it as he doesn't have the CBS Sports App. The message on his television thru CFL.ca was that the game was unavailable in his area. I know as I saw it.  So, whenever there is a CFL game covered by CBS Sports he can't watch it. Any other game he can watch on CFL.ca. It's his decision not to get the app. He doesn't want to. They just had a baby in May & she's a handful right now & that is his priority. You see the same thing up here with TSN 2-5. Some fans refuse to buy the extra channels.

I'm the last person to provide sound technical advice, but if he downloads or purchases a VPN he can disguise his location and pretend he's watching CFL football in Sveeden or Czechsolovakia.   Nord VPN can purchased on sale for $3-$4 per month.

One question, did he sign up with an email account with CFL.ca? That is the first step.

Edited by Fatty Liver

1 hour ago, Fatty Liver said:

Can see the Richie Hall influence coming into play with how they are using Griffin and Kramdi….lots of two high looks, and then either of those guys functioning like a dime or US style strong safety, pressuring or diagnosing.

Main thing…QB can’t tell if or where pressure is coming, can’t tell what matchups he’s getting pre-snap outside of the wideouts.

29 minutes ago, Colin Unger said:

From the two of Adams and Haba I'm personally happy that Haba is back. I don't think that Adams has a serious future as a defense end. I view him more as a DT who can fill in at DE.  Adams could ride the bench all year and he'd be able to step in a play DT next season and be fine. We know that already. We've been finding and replacing DT's for years now with great success. Haba is a pure DE. I think Garbutt is more of a natural DE who can fill in at DT. The opposite of Adams. The focus needs to be more on developing DE's as Jefferson isn't getting any younger and I don't see a long history  over the past few season finding legit DE's.   Any of our former DE recruits signing big contracts with other teams like our DT's have?

Adams mainly played DT and nose...we only shifted him out there because we had no depth

Him on our roster males our defence more formidable...If we are smart and biggie needs to sit a game...or 9....we better put Adams back in for him,,,Jones is fine there....probably at this juncture better,,,We have Ayers already on roster...no need to ad another linebacker we dont even have anyway....or a db

Get a rotation of WJ/Garbutt.Habba/Woods/Adams/hubert....and 9 snaps for Thomas and we are golden...and likely be pretty hard to break up that band once we see what they do

That is an interesting thought. above ..IF Biggie can't go that opens up a spot for an import on the roster...and since we have 422 Lb's already rostered, could Biggie's roster spot allow Adams to come on without messing with other spots on the D-line. 

On paper Thomas can still "start" and give us flexibility should an injury occur to a CDN...but it would also open up the possibility for certain situations to go with an all import D-line.... (we could still rotate Hubert, Schmek and Thomas, same as we have been doing....could also get a canuk rotation with Gauthier in certain situations, alongside Kramdi and Ford on defence....with Dobson, Kolo, Demski, Brady and Clercius.....

1 hour ago, Booch said:

Adams mainly played DT and nose...we only shifted him out there because we had no depth

Him on our roster males our defence more formidable...If we are smart and biggie needs to sit a game...or 9....we better put Adams back in for him,,,Jones is fine there....probably at this juncture better,,,We have Ayers already on roster...no need to ad another linebacker we dont even have anyway....or a db

Get a rotation of WJ/Garbutt.Habba/Woods/Adams/hubert....and 9 snaps for Thomas and we are golden...and likely be pretty hard to break up that band once we see what they do

I don't disagree. I also like Adams a lot and hopefully this is the opportunity for him to go back in. 

1 minute ago, Colin Unger said:

I don't disagree. I also like Adams a lot and hopefully this is the opportunity for him to go back in. 

he's been our best dlineman all yr...all around...and most versatile....and garners the most attentioN other than WJ

Woods is also a beast.....and having both on the roster is nothing but a good thing...and makes us even better than we already are

It almost seems like the versatility of Adams worked against him in his battle with Woods. He was able to fill in with the need at DE and now that there's no need well Woods has established himself as the starter.

Where are we at with Canadian receivers? Desmki went down. Is it possible neither Woli or Desmki will go next week and we may be looking at adding another import there?

2 minutes ago, Colin Unger said:

It almost seems like the versatility of Adams worked against him in his battle with Woods. He was able to fill in with the need at DE and now that there's no need well Woods has established himself as the starter.

Where are we at with Canadian receivers? Desmki went down. Is it possible neither Woli or Desmki will go next week and we may be looking at adding another import there?

I thought Demski came back in before the end of the game.

8 hours ago, Colin Unger said:

Woods is a better player.

12 hours ago, Fatty Liver said:

I'm the last person to provide sound technical advice, but if he downloads or purchases a VPN he can disguise his location and pretend he's watching CFL football in Sveeden or Czechsolovakia.   Nord VPN can purchased on sale for $3-$4 per month.

One question, did he sign up with an email account with CFL.ca? That is the first step.

Yes, he can see every game if CBS Sports doesn't show it. It remains absolutely stupid for a league wanting to grow the game in the US, just how ridiculous it is for fans down there to have to jump thru these hoops just to watch a CFL game. The Seahawks were playing at the same time Edmonton & Hamilton were so guess what game we watched? College football starts later this week. Randy's CFL 2.0. Ya snooze ya lose. 

Edited by SpeedFlex27