3 stars plus hh 700th win kid cant-ada bc sucks

1 the secondary, amazing game 

2 jones played great especially after biggie went out 

3 Brady/lawler produced a lot for us today 

hh mos icing the lions td with a time out 

Turds, the whole ref crew, bc going for the td and 2 with 4 seconds down by 17, tsn and kid cantada, bucks play call and zachs pic

crunch of the game on the opening kick off ayers destroyed the guy blocking him and cut off the return. 

Awe that’s dirty, didn’t catch the number but a lion took a swing with out a call. 

block of of the game, Brady atleast 3 times taking a man from up the middle and shutting down the rush to save zach and kola. 

1. Zach, controlled the game. 
2. Brady, ran well.

3. Ford, Early knockdown, INT, played like a Cadillac. 

i would have loved to be able to see what the DB’s were doing cause O’Rourke was waiting way to long to throw. 

our Happy Honker, Willie #5! Impact player! 

1.the D in general but Jones stood out after AB went down. 
Could take a db also but I think Rourke was staring guys down all night so makes the dbs job easy  

2. Demski. He’s not a 1 but he’s a solid 2 or 3. 

3. Ayers. He’s a special team demon. 

1 from D O and teams for me  

Edited by Goalie

6 minutes ago, BBlink said:

How does this secondary compare to those in recent history? Might be the best I've seen in terms of ability to cover and big play potential.

We’ve had more ball hawking ones recently but I can’t recall one this consistently strong in coverage.  Probably have to go back to the Rod Hill days.

Just now, JohnnyAbonny said:

We’ve had more ball hawking ones recently but I can’t recall one this consistently strong in coverage.  Probably have to go back to the Rod Hill days.

2021 was really really good....

8 minutes ago, Noeller said:

2021 was really really good....

Indeed. I was thinking about Alford and Nichols together. That was deadly. And then you had Rose, Houston, Taylor, Mike Jones and a prime Alexander 

5 minutes ago, JohnnyAbonny said:

They were but I feel like the DL was the straw that stirred the drink on that team.

This year the secondary is the top unit on the field for either side nearly every game. 

I can’t remember ever seeing so many coverage sacks in a single season. 

It's true. But we were dominant that year period.

Edited by BBlink

1 minute ago, SectionKBlackout said:

Have you guys heard about Nathan rourke?? He's a stud

If I ran this site you’d be insta banned lol for mentioning him again. Nathan Rourke 8 of 25 126 2 picks. Crap. 

13 minutes ago, Goalie said:

Swaggerville also. Lest we forget. Johnson and Hefney were a pair. What’s Jovon up to. He was a nice guy back in the day. Amusing. Hef, in jail no? Sad face. 

Jovon is coaching...Hef is out....dealing with debilitating issues with his neck/arm injury....but doing well...

This is my first game attended since I moved to BC in January, and it was very nice to leave with a convincing W for the second time in two games against BC (and also seeing them win in BC again after being at the wild October game lasr year.)

From my seat...

1. Jones -- I believe he had an incredible clean hit on Rourke on one of his scrambles. Probably the best MLB game I've seen from us this year. The only place I can see for Bighill on the roster at this point is as a nationalized American backup and short yardage player 

2. Brady -- I wish we'd feed him more. No reason that the first rush of the game should have gone to JA. Unless we're playing from behind and need to air it out, Brady should be getting 20+ combined touches per game.

3. The four letter field side defenders in Ford and Holm -- a pick and an almost pick from Ford, and a few great recovery pass breakups by Holm. 

HH. Whitehead continuing with his physical streak and fighting for the tough yards on O and ST 

Observation of the game -- one main thing I miss about Winnipeg is home games at Fort Hew. Doman has gone incredible things to turn the Lions around and make football into accessible and affordable entertainment here in BC. But while it's great entertainment, a football atmosphere it is not. The lack of timely replays and down and distance, and inaccurate / unconfident stadium announcing were very noticeable. BC is on the right track in building the Lions up as a franchise, but it's got a ways to go in making it feel more like a football game.

Also, this team feels like 2019 to me. We can win with dominant D, adequate offensive, and occasionally exceptional special teams

Edited by K-Shack
Correct typo

8 minutes ago, K-Shack said:

This is my first game attended since I moved to BC in January, and it was very nice to leave with a convincing W for the second time in two games against BC (and also seeing them win in BC again after being at the wild October game lasr year.)

From my seat...

1. Jones -- I believe he had an incredible clean hit on Rourke on one of his scrambles. Probably the best MLB game I've seen from us this year. The only place I can see for Bighill on the roster at this point is as a nationalized American backup and short yardage player 

2. Brady -- I wish we'd feed him more. No reason that the first rush of the game should have gone to JA. Unless we're playing from behind and need to air it out, Brady should be getting 20+ combined touches per game.

3. The four letter field side defenders in Ford and Holm -- a pick and an almost pick from Ford, and a few great recovery pass breakups by Holm. 

HH. Whitehead continuing with his physical streak and fighting for the tough yards on O and ST 

Observation of the game -- one main thing I miss about Winnipeg is home games at Fort Hew. Doman has gone incredible things to turn the Lions around and make football into accessible and affordable entertainment here in BC. But while it's great entertainment, a football atmosphere it is not. The lack of timely replays and down and distance, and inaccurate / unconfident stadium announcing were very noticeable. BC is on the right track in building the Lions up as a franchise, but it's got a ways to go in making it feel more like a football game.

Also, this team feels like 2019 to me. We can win with dominant D, adequate offensive, and occasionally exceptional special teams

Cool perspective. I always like to hear about the experience in other stadiums. 

That’s actually one thing I’ve noticed going to games in a few other CFL cities, there’s some pretty rough stadium PA announcers. 

We’ve been lucky in that department. Bob MacGregor and before him Mo Renaud, both fantastic.