3 stars plus hh 700th win kid cant-ada bc sucks

At what point do bc just acknowledge that the bombers are their daddy. 

it’s like Hamilton. We sent them into their downward spiral when we crushed them and the city of Hamilton and TSNs spirit when we beat them in Hamilton for the cup. At what point does this happen with BC. Hamilton could atleast score TDS when it mattered. In 8 quarters BC put up 11 points. And 3 weren’t in garbage time. And it was all in one game. That’s soul crushing ****. 

Edited by Goalie

I feel like I watched a completely different game than the rest of you. Clearly it was:

1) Nathan Rourke

2) Nathan Rourke

3) Rathan Lourke

hh: the penalty call against the scoreboard for getting in the way of the punt

side note: can we rename BC Place to IG Wester now that we’ve taken the season series six years running against them?

8 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

I missed the game driving back from Seattle today. How sad was Suitor?

Suitor made a bunch of excuses for Rourke -- he had only one day with the full set of receivers, only three days in camp, lots of unfamiliar receivers, was unfamiliar with game speed and needed to remember what it was like to be hit, but then clarified that he was not making excuses for Rourke.

and actually I kind of agree that this poopy game wasn't really Rourke's fault; the call to put him on the field without so little preparation was crazy.  Bad football ops by BC.  They exposed their prize kid to a beating, potentially alienated their MOP-candidate starter, cut their insurance policy, and looked really bad in front of a  decent crowd.  Why not start Dolegala until Rourke is spliced in a little more thoroughly? The dude is still raw, he started like ten games two years ago; he's not exactly a wily CFL veteran.

Edited by johnzo

10 hours ago, wbbfan said:

1 the secondary, amazing game 

2 jones played great especially after biggie went out 

3 Brady/lawler produced a lot for us today 

hh mos icing the lions td with a time out 

Turds, the whole ref crew, bc going for the td and 2 with 4 seconds down by 17, tsn and kid cantada, bucks play call and zachs pic

crunch of the game on the opening kick off ayers destroyed the guy blocking him and cut off the return. 

Awe that’s dirty, didn’t catch the number but a lion took a swing with out a call. 

block of of the game, Brady atleast 3 times taking a man from up the middle and shutting down the rush to save zach and kola. 

Yeah I thought the secondary was amazing. Even when Rourke had time to throw he was having a hard time finding an open receiver. You don’t often see a quarterback with that much time unable to find an open receiver. I was also thinking the same thing about Jones. What a solid addition he’s been, as an Edmonton cut, coming in and in my opinion he’s just a solid not spectacular guy. Just seems to be in the right place to make a play nothing fancy about his game but reliable. Brady was really good again but far way too few touches, he should have had about 15-20 touches. I don’t like the two cute run to Augustine early in the game, get your star running back involved early and often. 

Posted (edited)
18 minutes ago, Jpan85 said:

Sheahan had his best game of the season averaged 45.6 on his punts thought he could use some recoginition.

Only one punt that wasn’t very good, basically gave them the 20/25 on the catch punting from their 55ish. Which still by his standards is not awful. 
 I wonder if it’s adjustments being made, or just the field position he was punting from. 

Also worth mentioning, Castillo was kicking the crap out of the ball on kick offs. 73-74 yard average which is bede esq. bc had a pitiful 57. That’s huge. He had 71 last week, 70 the game before. He was averaging like 61 for the few week before that. With lows in the 50s. 
 At first I was thinking maybe it was wind aided, but it seems more than that. Bc place is a strange place to kick with the air movement up high. 

Edited by wbbfan

4 minutes ago, CrazyCanuck89 said:

1. Cornerbacks:  Bonds and Ford are probably the best duo in the league right now.

2. Linebackers: Have to give praise to these guys.  Even with Bighill out, Gauthier played well.

3. Dline: With secondary playing so well, the Dline took advantage of those coverage sacks.

Bonds ford and nichols are 3 of the top guys in the whole league too. Top 6 for sure. All 3 should be all stars this year. 

Rourke is overrated and I’m including his entire body of work from 2022 on. Until he does something it was a huge overpay and investment by the Lions IMO. I thought last week before this game that it’s a very big gamble on BC’s part because of the ramifications to the current team moral and the fact they already have an established leader in VAJ.  I believe messing with that team zeitgeist very rarely works. Saying that, I’m sure he’ll play better, but will it be good enough for the Lions to get where they want? Me personally, I don’t think so. They had been a team that was winning with a powerful offence and a very mediocre defence. Since the Bombers exposed that offence on August 1 and last night, it’s even more crucial that they get back to the powerhouse offence they were earlier in the season. Rourke has too much pressure on him to do that I believe. Might have been better for him to go to a team like the Ticats where expectations weren’t that great. Anyway, if I’m wrong I won’t be disappointed, it’s great for the league having star Canadians in skill positions 👍🏻

Edited by IC Khari

10 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

I missed the game driving back from Seattle today. How sad was Suitor?

Like going to the washroom to shake hands with the champ, except the champ is no longer the champ.

9 hours ago, johnzo said:

Suitor made a bunch of excuses for Rourke -- he had only one day with the full set of receivers, only three days in camp, lots of unfamiliar receivers, was unfamiliar with game speed and needed to remember what it was like to be hit, but then clarified that he was not making excuses for Rourke.

and actually I kind of agree that this poopy game wasn't really Rourke's fault; the call to put him on the field without so little preparation was crazy.  Bad football ops by BC.  They exposed their prize kid to a beating, potentially alienated their MOP-candidate starter, cut their insurance policy, and looked really bad in front of a  decent crowd.  Why not start Dolegala until Rourke is spliced in a little more thoroughly? The dude is still raw, he started like ten games two years ago; he's not exactly a wily CFL veteran.

Could be Doman influencing football ops, he's invested in Rourke and wants to get the return started asap, a young guy with big money rarely shows patience or respects process.  He knew he wasn't winning this game with Dolegala anyway and Rick Campbell isn't the guy to argue with him on any level.