3 stars plus hh 700th win kid cant-ada bc sucks

So.....hypothetical.....Rourke starts next week and struggles again.....and VAJ is healthy and ready to go....do they stick with Rourke after two bad outings or do they go with the guy who was tearing up the league on his way to an almost guaranteed MOP season......If they stay with Rourke and he falters with VAJ healthy....do the fans and media turn on kid Canada....If VAJ comes back in and plays like he did the first 5 weeks...do the fans and media turn on kid Canada....

This could be a very interesting few weeks for BC......I like Rourke, and I like VAJ....and I know the media and the coaching staff have been singing the praises of the relationship the two of them have and how they sing kum by ya together at center field during practice, but I said from the beginning that this was a high risk play for this season for BC...IF Rourke continues to struggle and the leading MOP candidate pre-injury continues to sit, that kum by ya circle just might develop some tensions!!

I think the only way BC comes out good is if Rourke does a 180 and starts lighting the league up the rest of the season.....because anything but that will have people guessing "would VAJ" have continued where he left off after the first 5 weeks and lit up the league if he had the chance.....

2 minutes ago, 3rdand1.5 said:

So.....hypothetical.....Rourke starts next week and struggles again.....and VAJ is healthy and ready to go....do they stick with Rourke after two bad outings or do they go with the guy who was tearing up the league on his way to an almost guaranteed MOP season......If they stay with Rourke and he falters with VAJ healthy....do the fans and media turn on kid Canada....If VAJ comes back in and plays like he did the first 5 weeks...do the fans and media turn on kid Canada....

This could be a very interesting few weeks for BC......I like Rourke, and I like VAJ....and I know the media and the coaching staff have been singing the praises of the relationship the two of them have and how they sing kum by ya together at center field during practice, but I said from the beginning that this was a high risk play for this season for BC...IF Rourke continues to struggle and the leading MOP candidate pre-injury continues to sit, that kum by ya circle just might develop some tensions!!

I think the only way BC comes out good is if Rourke does a 180 and starts lighting the league up the rest of the season.....because anything but that will have people guessing "would VAJ" have continued where he left off after the first 5 weeks and lit up the league if he had the chance.....

For what you're paying Rourke you pretty much have to play him.  They're pot committed at this point

Suitor went from crowing before the game that Rourke didn't need more than the three practices to play to making excuses like its rust, he's hasn't played a real game in 600+days, its not just the speed of the offense, its the speed of the D, etc. By the end, he may have been curled up into the fetal position sobbing. 

1 minute ago, rebusrankin said:

Suitor went from crowing before the game that Rourke didn't need more than the three practices to play to making excuses like its rust, he's hasn't played a real game in 600+days, its not just the speed of the offense, its the speed of the D, etc. By the end, he may have been curled up into the fetal position sobbing. 

Ahhhh 644 days to be exact as it was imprinted into my head watching the game yesterday.

2 hours ago, Nolby said:

Like going to the washroom to shake hands with the champ, except the champ is no longer the champ.

giphy.gif?cid=6c09b9525as1oerrx24af6e2i1

29 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

Idk what would be better, if Rourke continues to struggle, or if he turns it around and we slap him around again in the play offs lol. 

We don’t play them again until possibly the playoffs so it doesn’t matter to me what he does until then. I kind of hope he sucks now simply because I love when a media hype train gets irreparably derailed 🙃

1 hour ago, Booch said:

pretty much the Bombers ruptured TSN's balloon and tore up their script and wiped their asses with it....they were in mourning ALL NIGHT

Media gobble knob all week in anticipation of Rourke shooting the lights out. When he doesn't, said Media blames "everyone" for expecting too much. In the words of George Bell: They can all kiss my purple ass".

Edited by Pete Catan's Ghost

41 minutes ago, HardCoreBlue said:

Ahhhh 644 days to be exact as it was imprinted into my head watching the game yesterday.

Didnt seem to affect Masoli tho....and he was injured and had no football work whatsoever. for 2 yrs....Rourke has been training and practicing those 600 and some days, and came back to a familiar offence....many familiar team mates....and sucked....spin that Media

Very different set of weapons Rourke has. When he was at the helm he relied on Dominique "push off" Rhymes and James Butler a lot. Also had Hatcher, Hollins, Whitehead, Cottoy.

Stanback is no Butler as far as being an emergency outlet. And he can't get away with just throwing the ball up and having Rhymes get away with OPI every time.

He still has weapons but it seems like Hatcher has not rebounded from injury yet, Hollins is missing a step, and McInnis has been coming back down to earth.

2 hours ago, Bubba Zanetti said:

He'll be fine. His Flutie'esk numbers in 2022 made people lose their minds and squirt in their shorts(looking at you Farhan), and while he's not going to duplicate that, he'll still be a very good CFL QB for years to come.

I think Farhan went through 2 entire packs of Walmart underwear the day Rourke re-signed in BC

Was so good to see the bombers slap around the Lions for the second game in a row.  Younger's defense is something to witness.

8 hours ago, wbbfan said:

Idk what would be better, if Rourke continues to struggle, or if he turns it around and we slap him around again in the play offs lol. 

TSN guys (Suitor, Naylor & Lalji) just doesn't get why other team fanbases have no sympathy for Rourke & laugh when he sucks. 

3 hours ago, captaincanuck12 said:

I think Farhan went through 2 entire packs of Walmart underwear the day Rourke re-signed in BC

Was so good to see the bombers slap around the Lions for the second game in a row.  Younger's defense is something to witness.

Shut them out 6 straight quarters and if they didn’t play a soft prevent right at the end it would have been 3 points against over 8 quarters. In a scoring league that’s tremendous.