Ticats at Bombers pre game chat

Yeah there should be no trap games when you are 4-6. This is not the time to be overconfident.

Chris Jones adds just enough intrigue to make this interesting - the question is how much of his defence can he implement on 2 days of practice and how well can the Ticats players pick up on it and avoid mistakes. If they make a play early they might get that boost of confidence they need to play well, so our offence can't be sleeping out of the gate. It's critical that we start fast on both sides of the ball and get them on their heels early. It'll be another crowd of 30000+ so there's no reason not to be fired up and ready to go.

It looks like Devin Adams is back in so this should be our strongest D-Line configuration of the season. Make Bo Levi cry back there.

1 hour ago, Atomic said:

Yeah there should be no trap games when you are 4-6. This is not the time to be overconfident.

Chris Jones adds just enough intrigue to make this interesting - the question is how much of his defence can he implement on 2 days of practice and how well can the Ticats players pick up on it and avoid mistakes. If they make a play early they might get that boost of confidence they need to play well, so our offence can't be sleeping out of the gate. It's critical that we start fast on both sides of the ball and get them on their heels early. It'll be another crowd of 30000+ so there's no reason not to be fired up and ready to go.

It looks like Devin Adams is back in so this should be our strongest D-Line configuration of the season. Make Bo Levi cry back there.

A few pick 6's might do the trick.

8 minutes ago, Captain Blue said:

Any time a team comes off a coach firing I am wary. Jones is a terrible human but also a pretty good DC so that worries me, especially with our offensive struggles. 

That's a pretty harsh statement, what evidence do you have to condemn him?

15 minutes ago, Super Duper Negatron said:

912vhm.jpg

Because Lucky is returning, they have him listed as a starter. Without Drew W he would be in as backup if Lucky wasn’t tasked with that. With Drew in he would be on the practice roster. 

Edited by IC Khari

Posted (edited)

I don't know how much Jones will impact the defense after only being hired a few days ago. I know coaching changes usually spark confidence in a team, but I dont think you'll see the change that it would've been if it was Milanovich who was canned.

Edited by Nolby

4 minutes ago, IC Khari said:

Because Lucky is returning, they have him listed as a starter. Without Drew W he would be in as backup if Lucky wasn’t tasked with that. With Drew in he would be on the practice roster. 

I would think if/when Drew is back....He bumps Clercius who becomes the main backup...I'd even go as far as put Clercius as a starter in Johnsons spot....Tag Lucky with the Nationalized American and he can sub for any receiver and allow us to get Wilson or Biggie when available in for Johnson and keep this dline intact....

8 minutes ago, Arnold_Palmer said:

By far the best DL rotation we’ve rolled out all season. I really think Gauthier is a weak link out there in the line backing core. The defense looks almost perfect otherwise. 

Think you'll see Griffin and Kramdi both out most of the time.  Gauthier will play if they use fullback/6 OL.

Just now, Nolby said:

I don't know how much Jones will impact the defense after only being hired a few days ago. I know coaching changes usually spark confidence in that team, but I dont think you'll see the change that it would've been if it was Milanovich who was canned.

Jones and what he does is pretty well known....so Highly doubt his presence is gonna cause us much issue....especially when he has to work with players supplied to him and not ones he brought himself

I actually think this may be the game our offence finally comes all together too.....and we see another game where defense doesn't give up a TD

2 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

Think you'll see Griffin and Kramdi both out most of the time.  Gauthier will play if they use fullback/6 OL.

Griffen has been a right stud all yr and is totally flying under the radar of most media types...he allows us to do so much more up front as he is a solid physical player and great against run and at tackling

The biggest challenge of this game is not playing down to the cats. They tend to play us tough, and we’ve had a history of playing down to teams rather than burying them. Even last week we dominated bc and should’ve won by 3+ tds. A winning streak going into ldc/bjb would be huge, turning the red zone offence around would be too. 

9 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

The biggest challenge of this game is not playing down to the cats. They tend to play us tough, and we’ve had a history of playing down to teams rather than burying them. Even last week we dominated bc and should’ve won by 3+ tds. A winning streak going into ldc/bjb would be huge, turning the red zone offence around would be too. 

If the Bomber players need extra motivation just remind them of this:

10 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

I figure the O is due to have a game where it all comes together soon. They were close in BC, maybe this is the week. 

3 hours ago, Arnold_Palmer said:

By far the best DL rotation we’ve rolled out all season. I really think Gauthier is a weak link out there in the line backing core. The defense looks almost perfect otherwise. 

Gautier is underrated.  Their is a reason O'Shea didn't bring in some yank off the street to start.

3 hours ago, Booch said:

Jones and what he does is pretty well known....so Highly doubt his presence is gonna cause us much issue....especially when he has to work with players supplied to him and not ones he brought himself

I actually think this may be the game our offence finally comes all together too.....and we see another game where defense doesn't give up a TD

Griffen has been a right stud all yr and is totally flying under the radar of most media types...he allows us to do so much more up front as he is a solid physical player and great against run and at tackling

I agree that the Ticats are talent-poor and although Jones has been a good defensive coordinator, there's just so much you can do with chicken feathers.