Ticats at Bombers pre game chat

3 minutes ago, Noeller said:

And from what I gathered yesterday (I listened to the first quarter of the Riders game while running at the gym) the Riders have taken away the top rows of the stadium because they couldn't sell them and it was looking bad on TV... So they're not even TRYING to sell all their seats over at PAS West....

Definitely the class of the league in ol' River City...

ouch!

8 minutes ago, Noeller said:

Also of note... Luc Mullinder is absolutely painful on that broadcast.... I truly understand being a regional broadcaster but man, he is way over the top. 

I have had the chance to hear parts of pretty much every broadcast crew thru satellite radio and the Riders are always the most homer crew and Mullinder is painful. Of course, these are the people who were calling Rocky Butler the second coming of Lancaster and Flutie after one game.

1 hour ago, BomberBall. said:

Man, that guy was such a tool.

Probably not, he accumulated pretty good passing stats. during his CFL career, LaPo also credits Kerwin Bell with giving him a full understanding of Canadian football in his first year as a position coach when he knew nothing about the game.  

2 minutes ago, Fatty Liver said:

Probably not, he accumulated pretty good passing stats. during his CFL career, LaPo also credits Kerwin Bell with giving him a full understanding of Canadian football in his first year as a position coach when he knew nothing about the game.  

I mean, can't all of that be true?

3 hours ago, rebusrankin said:

I have had the chance to hear parts of pretty much every broadcast crew thru satellite radio and the Riders are always the most homer crew and Mullinder is painful. Of course, these are the people who were calling Rocky Butler the second coming of Lancaster and Flutie after one game.

PTSD ignited. Thanks.

2 hours ago, Fatty Liver said:

Well he better hope that your points can cancel out that gif that will live on forever unfortunately for him.

On 2024-08-23 at 1:44 PM, rebusrankin said:

Bell was a perfect example of a guy who accumulated stats once the game was decided. Guy throw for 5000 yards with us in 99 but we lost a ton of games by 20+. Typical game, he'd have 125 yards through 3 quarters and then would end up with 275 or 300 and the numbers looked good but he wasn't good.

Yeah most games they’d be down like 28-3 at the half and lose 43-31, with no chance of ever being within a score.