TNF- No Electricity yet vs Argos

Saskatchewan utterly erased Ka'Deem Carey from the game. Great job by them.

McManis and Brinkman can't come back soon enough.

Kelly wasn't great, but he made a few "star throws" that we simply have not been capable of executing this year.

I don't know what we can do in short yardage other than give it to Adeboboye, and when he isn't there, lining up in shotgun does not inspire confidence. This is a two year issue with us and it feels like the answer to to problem isn't to be found on our current roster.

Hajrullahu played well as the last minute punter replacement and having Arbuckle sub as his holder.

My play of the game was Coach Mace calling time out.

Walk-off rouge. I love this league.

2 minutes ago, bearpants said:

Winning a game by a rouge is cheesy... but how did the Riders allow the Argos to get 2 FG attempts in the last 2 mins of the game... that's how the Riders blew it... 

if Dinwitty would have learned/realized their short yardage was hot garbage...they would have won that game by at least 6 anyway...T.O and Kelly who hasnt played in a yr almost after quarter 1 seemed to move ball at will....and any quality oline play, and a capable short yardage set up and they win that by 20...at least

1 minute ago, TBURGESS said:

Rusty Kelly > Rusty Rourke. 

Argos offence is back. They are a way better offence with Kelly than without him. 

yup....agreed...and how does TSN spin Masoli and Kelley sitting for extended periods...not practicing and playing and looked rather good all things considered...But their poster child...did not...all the while still being able to train and practice and get in some exhibition games....but look lost?

4 minutes ago, wpgallday1960 said:

Riderfans already turning on their coaches.  Never change, Riderfans, never change.

They shouldn’t yet. Maybe turn on their GM for going all in on Trevor Harris again.

I still think Sask took a step in the right direction regardless of how this year ends up for them, bringing in guys like Mace for HC and Dan Farthing in the front office.  Got rid of a lot of dbag players too and brought in better character guys like Hardrick and Sayles. 

That being said, **** em. I hope they don’t win another game all year. 

10 minutes ago, sweep the leg said:

To be fair, I think Kelly has been practicing. Rourke only had three practices.

Rourke has been training...practicing and receiving coaching and learning from NFL vets for 2 yrs.....then went back to a system he was in for 2 yrs .....excuses for his abysmal showing....now....will he trend the right direction?....that being said....he won't put up what he did "early" in the 2022 season tho game in and game out tho...

12 minutes ago, sweep the leg said:

To be fair, I think Kelly has been practicing. Rourke only had three practices.

Routke was on a football field with teammates everyday in multiple NFL camps including pre season game time. How can Kelly have had more practice?

Just now, GCJenks said:

Routke was on a football field with teammates everyday in multiple NFL camps including pre season game time. How can Kelly have had more practice?

cause he didnt.....Masoli got in some practices....but after 2 consecutive yrs of rehab....he looked fine....a lil rusty at first....but was more timing and getting back to game speed...People forget...he started 12 games?...he isnt a seasoned vet coming back....and a lot of QB's look good initially like that..even for a yr...then get figured out....or initial catch people bt surprise wears off

Anyone remember the game we lost against the Argos years ago? AJ3 tried to return the ball out of the end zone to avoid losing on a rouge, but got creamed right before the goal line and we lost.

Most exciting ending to a game I can remember. Keep the rouge!

(there is a good chance I have most of the details wrong)

Edited by Super Duper Negatron

11 minutes ago, Sard said:

Did you really expect anything less from them?

I'd say there's a good 1/4 that actually believes they should have an NFL team and will crap on the CFL when things aren't going their way. Sad.

I won't die on the hill that all rules should be preserved in the CFL but honest to God they had about a million chances to win that game if they had any shred of offense. If you don't want them scoring a rouge then dont let the kicker so close to kick it out of the back of the endzone. The rules are the rules.

I'm actually impressed that there was very little hometown reffing factored to that game. Usually the league is ready to hand the games to the Argos.

3 hours ago, JohnnyAbonny said:

They shouldn’t yet. Maybe turn on their GM for going all in on Trevor Harris again.

I still think Sask took a step in the right direction regardless of how this year ends up for them, bringing in guys like Mace for HC and Dan Farthing in the front office.  Got rid of a lot of dbag players too and brought in better character guys like Hardrick and Sayles. 

That being said, **** em. I hope they don’t win another game all year. 

Good luck cuz he seems to have some super power in deflecting accountability.

3 hours ago, Super Duper Negatron said:

Anyone remember the game we lost against the Argos years ago? AJ3 tried to return the ball out of the end zone to avoid losing on a rouge, but got creamed right before the goal line and we lost.

Most exciting ending to a game I can remember. Keep the rouge!

(there is a good chance I have most of the details wrong)

Yeah and the Bombers then needed about 4 things to happen the week after to make the playoffs and it all happened.  Albert Johnson had his knee blown up though.