Ticats at Bombers GDT

4 minutes ago, Captain Blue said:

One thing that doesn't matter now but the Wilson incomplete at the end of the game somewhat looked like a catch and fumble. Especially give the Hamilton "catch" earlier. 

Great point. The only difference is Wilson’s hit the turf but it seemed Wison  turned after he caught it so surviving contact is moot and more of a fumble and recovery?

2 minutes ago, HardCoreBlue said:

What’s the downside of bringing in Strev for a couple of sets even if it doesn’t work? I love Zac always have and always will but changing the pace when things aren’t happening is okay. See how Strev can deal with the o’s injuries. If he doesn’t produce after a couple of sets put Zac back on. 

They'll never say but Streveler took a beating in his start and has looked like total crap since then.  I'm not sure he's up to playing a bunch, like sure if Collaros goes down they'll take their chances running Streveler in the pocket but I don't think they want to feature him unnecessarily.

Generally I do agree with you.  Like not entire drives but come in for a short yardage play and stay in for 1st and 10.  

13 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

And who drove the field for the winning TD?

OL was in total shambles once Wallace went out.

Oliviera basically out for last 20 mins of game.

Basically have no consistent reliable targets out there.

ZC was hot garbage tonight, we won In spite of him....at the risk of sounding redundant.

2 minutes ago, Piggy 1 said:

ZC was hot garbage tonight, we won In spite of him....at the risk of sounding redundant.

We 110% lose this game without him....probably quite badly.

Our pass protection was non existent for over an entire half of this game and horrific from the first drive of the game.

Edited by JuranBoldenRules

4 minutes ago, HardCoreBlue said:

Great point. The only difference is Wilson’s hit the turf but it seemed Wison  turned after he caught it so surviving contact is moot and more of a fumble and recovery?

Ya to me he caught it, turned and fumbled into his own hands. We see these types of catch-fumbles all the time. Only difference this time is he was in the air, landed and fumbled. 

1 minute ago, bustamente said:

I'm sure the CFL will tweak the CC again this week, maybe let go of more incompetent reviewers. 

I honestly think watching a replay where it seems obvious to everyone else only to have the CC screw it up is worse for the game than just accepting bad calls in real time.

Just now, JuranBoldenRules said:

Only debatable if he loses control of the ball while making that 180 move.  Looked like he had it the whole time until the end of the reach on his way down to the ground....meaning his torso.  His feet are already landed in full possession.

The CFL will say that the rule is if you're going to the ground, you need to retain possession until you're down by contact. He's going to the ground the moment he catches the ball, the 180 doesn't negate that. 

This is what the CFL will say.

The call people should be most up in arms about is the BA pick. The replay showed that at no time did White have possession, the ball never hit the ground, and BA came away with it.

1 minute ago, Super Duper Negatron said:

I honestly think watching a replay where it seems obvious to everyone else only to have the CC screw it up is worse for the game than just accepting bad calls in real time.

It's weird that they see the game so differently. 

Just now, bustamente said:

I'm sure the CFL will tweak the CC again this week, maybe let go of more incompetent reviewers. 

At this point they just need to get everyone on the same page. You've got refs on the field making two different calls at once (one spotting the football after a catch, the other ruling incomplete). You've got TSN guys saying this looks like he doesn't have possession and it's ruled a catch by the CC. And then sometimes the CC just throws themselves into it when a ref just butchers it all. 

You could show controversial plays to a coach, player,  and fan and I'm not sure they would agree with the refs most times. 

That's the problem. No one knows anything about anything, and it's happening five times a game now. 

5 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

They'll never say but Streveler took a beating in his start and has looked like total crap since then.  I'm not sure he's up to playing a bunch, like sure if Collaros goes down they'll take their chances running Streveler in the pocket but I don't think they want to feature him unnecessarily.

Generally I do agree with you.  Like not entire drives but come in for a short yardage play and stay in for 1st and 10.  

Yea I like that. Keep him in after a successful short yardage play and let him be a qb with a full passing and running play package. If there is something wrong with him tho ie injury we need another qb who is able to play at 100 percent. Who is our third string qb btw?