Ticats at Bombers GDT

4 minutes ago, Super Duper Negatron said:

I honestly think watching a replay where it seems obvious to everyone else only to have the CC screw it up is worse for the game than just accepting bad calls in real time.

And if they can't make a call, get rid of them.

This whole needing evidence to overturn an incorrect call on the field destroys the purpose of the review.

Disregard the call on the field and make the right call based on the video.

Just now, Super Duper Negatron said:

Card board cutouts being manipulated by strings, Home Alone style.

It's just an old photo of Jake Ireland on a spinner, the time it takes to review the call depends on if someone spins it fast or slow. 

(This is not actually a shot at Ireland because it was not even as bad when he was there)

1 minute ago, Deiter Fan said:

That clothesline on Wilson was dangerous as f. How there was no call is crazy and lacks any care and concern for the player(s)

Based on Hamilton's game last week player safety doesn't seem like much of a concern.  

Edmonton LB clubs a receiver in side of head to KO him then spears the QB crown of helmet to facemask to put both guys in hospital.

No flags, no calls from the CC to throw flag.

9 minutes ago, Captain Blue said:

Ya to me he caught it, turned and fumbled into his own hands. We see these types of catch-fumbles all the time. Only difference this time is he was in the air, landed and fumbled. 

I remember the 3 second rule (if there was/is actually one) ie secure the ball for three seconds after the catch it’s a catch but I could be making that memory up in my mind. lol

1 minute ago, 17to85 said:

The non over turn on the int was just laughable because the Hamilton receiver never caught the ball. Went through his arms and Alexander clearly had possession. It's either incomplete or a turnover and it never hit the ground...

Yeah called a catch for White who never had the ball.

That's where this whole "need to prove call on field was wrong" bit is so silly.

3 minutes ago, Captain Blue said:

Also worth noting is how open the media is to criticising the CC. They've sometimes touched the topic quickly or quietly but now it's so blatant that even they are openly pointing out the flaws. 

DB was roasting them on the 'OB broadcast.  

1 minute ago, HardCoreBlue said:

I remember the 3 second rule (if there was/is actually one) ie secure the ball for three seconds after the catch it’s a catch but I could be making that memory up in my mind. lol

Here's from the rulebook, relevant clauses to the Wilson play:

Incomplete Forward Pass:

1. while in midair a receiver of either team who has firm control of the ball, but loses possession of the ball when that player's feet or other part of the body hits the ground, with or without contact by any opponent.

Complete Forward Pass:

1. When a receiver of either team, who is in the air and has complete control of the ball, has his feet or another part of his body hit the ground, the player must retain possession for the pass to be ruled complete, with or without contact by an opponent.

11 minutes ago, HardCoreBlue said:

Yea I like that. Keep him in after a successful short yardage play and let him be a qb with a full passing and running play package. If there is something wrong with him tho ie injury we need another qb who is able to play at 100 percent. Who is our third string qb btw?

Another Wilson but not Pokey’s brother 😎

2 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

Here's from the rulebook, relevant clauses to the Wilson play:

Incomplete Forward Pass:

1. while in midair a receiver of either team who has firm control of the ball, but loses possession of the ball when that player's feet or other part of the body hits the ground, with or without contact by any opponent.

Complete Forward Pass:

1. When a receiver of either team, who is in the air and has complete control of the ball, has his feet or another part of his body hit the ground, the player must retain possession for the pass to be ruled complete, with or without contact by an opponent.

By that metric is was DEFINITELY a completed pass because he landed on his feet with possession. And as I already stated...frame by frame on the PVR showed his knee was down before the ball came out. We got jobbed AGAIN.