Ticats at Bombers GDT

4 hours ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

Lawler's only played 3 games and he has a ton of drops.

The problem seems to be that he’s not getting open. You can tell Collaros wants to throw his way and is trying to force it to him, but he’s just not getting open, and as a result he’s having to try to make impossible catches.

With Lawler injured it was Demski that they tried to force the ball to constantly.

6 hours ago, wbbfan said:

The worry is the end result will prevent any of the much needed changes from happening. 

ST is fine.  The D was not going to continue giving up almost 0 points.  They will not be getting a different quarterback. It looks like Bryant will be back, so Randolph goes back to guard. I think they'll able to block 3 man pressure next week.

1 hour ago, Yourface said:

The problem seems to be that he’s not getting open. You can tell Collaros wants to throw his way and is trying to force it to him, but he’s just not getting open, and as a result he’s having to try to make impossible catches.

With Lawler injured it was Demski that they tried to force the ball to constantly.

On the first pic Zach threw (where he “threw” to Brady), Lawler was 1-on-1 and ran a corner in end zone, wide open…but Z was locked in on Brady. Being at the game allows you to watch the play develop and my son and I both noticed this was constant with Zach: guys wide open but Z having tunnel vision locked in on a guy who’s covered, often in double coverage.

Edited by deepsixemtoboyd

Just now, deepsixemtoboyd said:

On the first pic Zach threw (where he “threw” to Brody, Lawler was 1-on-1 and ran a corner in end zone, wide open…but Z was locked in on Brady. Being at the game allows you to watch the play develop and my son and I both noticed this was constant with Zach: guys wide open but Z having tunnel vision locked in on a guy who’s covered, often in double coverage.

He's been plagued with this for a while now...almost like he wants to.just force the primary read regardless....and not a good trait

People slag on Lawler but what u expect when he forces it into usually 2 man coverage at minimum and generally a safety coming over top

So many instances Clercius and Johnson are.free and wide open in the short to intermediate and.we could have time consuming drives grinding teams down..but ZC tries to force the bigger play...

23 minutes ago, deepsixemtoboyd said:

On the first pic Zach threw (where he “threw” to Brady), Lawler was 1-on-1 and ran a corner in end zone, wide open…but Z was locked in on Brady. Being at the game allows you to watch the play develop and my son and I both noticed this was constant with Zach: guys wide open but Z having tunnel vision locked in on a guy who’s covered, often in double coverage.

He was locked in, but he also had pressure forcing him outside and on the run. That's why he couldn't get it deep (even if he saw Lawler) and why the toss was over thrown.

Edited by Bigblue204

Defense played decently...would have liked Younger to throw in some more blitzes to put some hits on Bo. Rattle him a bit and then drop 8 or 9. That's what broke him in 2019 and the same is true today. Hit him early and often then drop back and watch him panic for nothing.

Lucky isn't it at ST. Though he didn't get a lot of help either. And whoever that first guy is down field, stay on your damn feet!!!

Buck...what the buck? Was Lucky banged up in the 2nd half? What happened to the quick strikes we've been seeing? Why tf would you take #8 out when he's rolling in the red zone? That really killed the Os momentum. Streveler is eventually going to throw (is what I keep telling myself) they're just setting it up....? Please add some imagination to the offense and stick with it. 

Complain about Lawler all you like, but teams will continually take him away. They know where Collaros wants to go and will double him up for the remainder of the season. Collaros can't keep forcing him the ball. Got lucky today on some absolutely dumb reads.

Speaking of #8...take what's there!!!! For Christ sake, crossing routes where open all day. Quick throws were open all day. Stop holding on to it looking for the big splash. 

Side note, you don't swap out your Starting RT and switch him to LT during a game. That's a lot of change for an Online that was already in shambles. 

Finally, I was all for getting Streveler in early in the 4th. Hindsight....it was the right call to Zach in. He battled through all that ****, he knows he played liked ****. But he marched it down the field for the go ahead score. Hopefully that planted a seed in all the players that this offense CAN get it done when they play with some urgency. Overcoming adversity like that can be a huge boost. Hopefully it is!

54 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

Defense played decently...would have liked Younger to throw in some more blitzes to put some hits on Bo. Rattle him a bit and then drop 8 or 9. That's what broke him in 2019 and the same is true today. Hit him early and often then drop back and watch him panic for nothing.

Lucky isn't it at ST. Though he didn't get a lot of help either. And whoever that first guy is down field, stay on your damn feet!!!

Buck...what the buck? Was Lucky banged up in the 2nd half? What happened to the quick strikes we've been seeing? Why tf would you take #8 out when he's rolling in the red zone? That really killed the Os momentum. Streveler is eventually going to throw (is what I keep telling myself) they're just setting it up....? Please add some imagination to the offense and stick with it. 

Complain about Lawler all you like, but teams will continually take him away. They know where Collaros wants to go and will double him up for the remainder of the season. Collaros can't keep forcing him the ball. Got lucky today on some absolutely dumb reads.

Speaking of #8...take what's there!!!! For Christ sake, crossing routes where open all day. Quick throws were open all day. Stop holding on to it looking for the big splash. 

Side note, you don't swap out your Starting RT and switch him to LT during a game. That's a lot of change for an Online that was already in shambles. 

Finally, I was all for getting Streveler in early in the 4th. Hindsight....it was the right call to Zach in. He battled through all that ****, he knows he played liked ****. But he marched it down the field for the go ahead score. Hopefully that planted a seed in all the players that this offense CAN get it done when they play with some urgency. Overcoming adversity like that can be a huge boost. Hopefully it is!

Yup he's not JG but I would argue he's reliable, smart heads north and south and doesn't try to get fancy.  Gets us positive yards, good ball security.

It’s wild that we have guys who are the best in the league (or at least in the convo) at 4 positions in the secondary. 

1 hour ago, Bigblue204 said:

I’d disagree. They’ve had the most success only rushing 3 or 4 this year. I don’t want to see them blitzing all that much more than they have been. 
They broke Bo in the 2019 WF by dropping 9 and coming down on the crossers, taking the deep ball away with tight coverage.  Nick Taylor for one,  played out of his mind that game. 

1 hour ago, Booch said:

He's been plagued with this for a while now...almost like he wants to.just force the primary read regardless....and not a good trait

People slag on Lawler but what u expect when he forces it into usually 2 man coverage at minimum and generally a safety coming over top

So many instances Clercius and Johnson are.free and wide open in the short to intermediate and.we could have time consuming drives grinding teams down..but ZC tries to force the bigger play...

It sometimes feels/looks like he's made that decision in the huddle being the mind reader that I am.

3 minutes ago, Colin Unger said:

I wonder what Geoff Gray is up to?  Maybe he can come in and be our 7th lineman and TE package guy.

Has apparently lost most/all of his playing weight... Not a football player anymore.

9 minutes ago, wpgallday1960 said:

Does anyone know what specific call/non-call this whiny baby was referring to?

I'm guessing the very obvious PI that somehow the CC didn't penalize us for even though the Bombers DB clearly tugged the front collar of the Ham receiver jersey...

Sometimes I think I shouldn't be so dang critical of Collaros. And other times I think, oh ya, he's just not very good anymore. But at least, most games, he's got sufficient insight after to admit he played the shits. I've never heard BLM say anything like that - even though it's obvious he lost it a year or two before being cut loose by Stamps. 

1 hour ago, TBURGESS said:

Funny thing about the last drive, it wouldn't have happened if Hammy knew how to use the clock. If they just run twice instead of throwing on 2nd downs, they kill 50 seconds of the clock and we never get the chance to score a TD. 

Yeah Bo going for the deep shot was a stupid move. Run the ball or try to move the sticks, no need to be that aggressive there for Hamilton.