3 stars plus hh almost tigerclapped the bed

1 Brady, carried the O came back out hurt in the clutch 

2 the trainers all the bodies hit the floor tonight 

3 bonds, such a good db. 

hh the game winning pass

awe that’s dirty the late head shot 

crunch of the game jones forcing the fumble on cover teams

block of the game clercius had a huge pass block on luckys big play 

As someone who wasn't sure how it was possible we were going to win that game after Hamilton went up 4... A win is a win.

Defense again, pretty darn good. Not their best game but truthfully Hamilton has some weapons. If you give Tim White 5 seconds to get open he will. It seemed like he ran half the length of the field every down.

Special teams was great outside of the time we massively out kicked the coverage. I didn't think it was a huge punt and knew things were bad when we had one guy down there.

Offense ******* sucks and was much worse without our big protection packages. Was happy to see them pull something out of their ass at the end there.

31 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

1 Brady, carried the O came back out hurt in the clutch 

2 the trainers all the bodies hit the floor tonight 

3 bonds, such a good db. 

hh the game winning pass

awe that’s dirty the late head shot 

crunch of the game jones forcing the fumble on cover teams

block of the game clercius had a huge pass block on luckys big play 

Bonds is the man.

54 minutes ago, Mark H. said:

It all comes down to what the state of the OL is...and what they do about it. You can't lose Big Stan and expect an O that was just average as is...to keep ticking.  But they won anyway, can't ask for more, really.

Honestly protection wasn’t a big problem in the past game. Zach was making Terrible reads, forcing deep shots into cover and putting the ball any place but where it needed to go. He took some sacks on 5 steam boats too with the ramshackle ol. 
Buck and zach are close in terms of fault. Then the ol injuries a good bit back. 

45 minutes ago, BBlink said:

Offense ******* sucks and was much worse without our big protection packages. Was happy to see them pull something out of their ass at the end there.

Yeah when our base O is max protect and we lose two OL we're in big trouble. I expected them to bring out Thomas or another DL as an emergency TE. I don't get why we didn't use Streveler as an H Back once Wallace went down.

My 3 stars...

1. Bonds is money

2. Castillo made every kick in a game where we needed every point

3. Brady with 120 on the ground and some clutch yards and blocks on the game winning drive

HH. Collaros in the last 1:38. I've been so critical of him this year but he showed out there playing with guts and intelligence. 

On the other hand, we're in trouble with the Collaros of the other 58:22

Edited by K-Shack

1 minute ago, wbbfan said:

Honestly protection wasn’t a big problem in the past game. Zach was making Terrible reads, forcing deep shots into cover and putting the ball any place but where it needed to go. He took some sacks on 5 steam boats too with the ramshackle ol. 
Buck and zach are close in terms of fault. Then the ol injuries a good bit back. 

We finally did some 3-4 step dropbacks....and Zac got the ball out on time...

5 minutes ago, do or die said:

We finally did some 3-4 step dropbacks....and Zac got the ball out on time...

Well he's usually starting at 5...

I didn't see many clean pockets there.  Lots of huge plays off scrambles for what they made out of the passing game.  Completely lost any ability to go vertical when Randolph went to tackle which was about the 5th play of the game.  Worse when Eli came in and starting seeing the pocket collapse on both sides of the line regularly.  Lots of throw aways to save some yards.

Very easy to defend and not a whole lot different they could have done.  Scrap out some runs, hope to hit something if you get in 2nd and long.  Everyone in the stadium calling plays knew what the situation was, it's not like Hamilton was just going to do what their plan was.  They knew their one edge was basically given a free run into the pocket, they dropped out 9 and just blanketed the field.  Pretty scrappy to pull that one out.

People say bring in Streveler....doesn't look like an option to me.  He's really dinged up.  He can barely function in short yardage.

Edited by JuranBoldenRules

Great win not a great game tho. 

1. Brady. He was our O for 90 percent of the game. 

2. Castillo. He didn’t miss. 

3. Bonds. He stood out. 

And I’ll give a shout out to Jones and Ayers on the fumble TD and Lawler for making a catch when it mattered most. Also to Feltmate for sticking up for lucky on the tuck late hit. 

1. Brady Train.  This guy has modeled Andrew Harris' mo of being the teams offensive heartbeat. Not to mention coming in injured on the game winning drive with a couple of huge first downs.

2. Special teams.  Sergio with clutch fgs.  The huge turnover for a TD in the first half.

3. 2 minute drill Zach for marching the ball down field for the game winning score.

Like they say I'll take an ugly win over a beautiful loss. 

1 hour ago, wbbfan said:

You are much more polite in the description than I would be. 

6 hours ago, wbbfan said:

???

Yes, it was. The Cats DE was having his way with Randolph out at tackle.  Not much of the clean pocket that ZC needs. A 3 man front most of the night and they were getting pressure 

8 hours ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

Well he's usually starting at 5...

I didn't see many clean pockets there.  Lots of huge plays off scrambles for what they made out of the passing game.  Completely lost any ability to go vertical when Randolph went to tackle which was about the 5th play of the game.  Worse when Eli came in and starting seeing the pocket collapse on both sides of the line regularly.  Lots of throw aways to save some yards.

Very easy to defend and not a whole lot different they could have done.  Scrap out some runs, hope to hit something if you get in 2nd and long.  Everyone in the stadium calling plays knew what the situation was, it's not like Hamilton was just going to do what their plan was.  They knew their one edge was basically given a free run into the pocket, they dropped out 9 and just blanketed the field.  Pretty scrappy to pull that one out.

People say bring in Streveler....doesn't look like an option to me.  He's really dinged up.  He can barely function in short yardage.

If true then move him to 3rd string or put him on the 6 game to rehab him. It's hurting the team if that's the case imo.

I won’t blame it all ion Zach because yes it was pretty much his worst game of the season but the O-line struggled hard, and that was often with just a three man front. Randolph in particular had a tough game. I believe he was responsible for three sacks. I mean hey for a CFL rookie to go from right guard To left tackle is a tough ask. I will give credit where credit was due, when the team needed him the most he had the game winning drive  and this was all on five days rest. The offense will need to be a lot better next week in Saskatchewan.