SNF Lions @ RedBlacks GDT

13 hours ago, HardCoreBlue said:

TSN needs to work on better diversifying when marketing our great game ie use Rourke but temper it with equal focus on other players and other great aspects of the game and just drive home these messages constantly to help attract more bums in the seats and increase sponsorships so I don’t fill like killing myself after seeing the save on commercials over and over and over again.

Captain Obvious, 2024 

You ncould tell Suitor wanted to gush all over Kelly but had to temper his exuberance because of his sexual harassment charges & 9 game suspension. But we do have some young qbs in the league. I think the talent level has improved, actually from what it was in 2020 or 21. 

On 2024-08-25 at 12:27 AM, 17to85 said:

Yeah no one blames Rourke for wanting to go to the NFL, it's the attitude where the CFL was an unforseen detour that rubs people the wrong way. A lot of guys may think it... but very few say it, especially when the national media is hell bent on shoving that person down our collective throats as the greatest canadian ever!

100% agree the media drooling over Rourke make it easy to cheer against him.  However, I don't quite understand all the flack he has taken for his "unforeseen detour" comment.  He's never said it was an unfortunate detour, only an unexpected one.  

Rourke has been overhyped, and when that's done , that has left Nathan  with very high expectations and a 'you better deliver' scenario....I believe he's a good qb. but not what the media has painted him as....The hype has certainly sold Doman, the owner on him, as he has coughed up 600,000 big ones for his services....Will he deliver......remains to be seen.... as yet .....nada

32 minutes ago, Stickem said:

Rourke has been overhyped, and when that's done , that has left Nathan  with very high expectations and a 'you better deliver' scenario....I believe he's a good qb. but not what the media has painted him as....The hype has certainly sold Doman, the owner on him, as he has coughed up 600,000 big ones for his services....Will he deliver......remains to be seen.... as yet .....nada

Like any big star in hockey or football a complete team has to be built around that player before they can win a championship, which can take many years and a great deal of patience to achieve.

2 hours ago, Tony Fresco said:

100% agree the media drooling over Rourke make it easy to cheer against him.  However, I don't quite understand all the flack he has taken for his "unforeseen detour" comment.  He's never said it was an unfortunate detour, only an unexpected one.  

I agree. Far too many rants on the detour topic.

3 hours ago, Tony Fresco said:

However, I don't quite understand all the flack he has taken for his "unforeseen detour" comment.  He's never said it was an unfortunate detour, only an unexpected one.

It's arrogance... dude thought he would just walk into the NFL after not being drafted? Never once thought he might have to slum it in the CFL?

I obviously can't speak for Rourke but were I he and had sycophants like Lalji labelling me the second coming I'd be tempted to tell him to stfu cuz it builds expectations that may simply not possible in a sport that is so heavily weighted towards the team rather than the individual. Plus the pressure it puts on having to perform/succeed is not realistic/fair.

53 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

It's arrogance... dude thought he would just walk into the NFL after not being drafted? Never once thought he might have to slum it in the CFL?

Exactly this.  He wasn't drafted or signed as a FA in 2020.  The Giants gave him a workout as a receiver in 2021 but that's as close as he got to the NFL.  Either he was really delusional or he had a terrible agent blowing smoke up his ass, because he had no shot at becoming an NFL QB at that time. 

On 2024-08-25 at 8:46 AM, Fatty Liver said:

Huh???  Last heard from cut by the Riders in the spring.  Isn't he the DB Bailey knocked out of action?

He was cut due to an injury issue in TC. He was a good DB for the Lions before moving to Regina in free agency.  I'm not sure about whether Bailey caused that injury in 2023 but possibly.

40 minutes ago, Blue In BC said:

He was cut due to an injury issue in TC. He was a good DB for the Lions before moving to Regina in free agency.  I'm not sure about whether Bailey caused that injury in 2023 but possibly.

He didn't even make it to camp.  He failed his physical which was due to the Bailey hit

The Saskatchewan Roughriders have released defensive back Jalon Edwards-Cooper due to a failed physical, according to head coach Corey Mace. He suffered a dislocated shoulder injury last season which isn’t fully healed.

1 hour ago, Blue In BC said:

Yeah Bailey destroyed him, and his shoulder still didn't pass a physical....He was a "decent" player but apt to big brain farts...bad penalties and he is a cheap shot head hunter....thus the lil extra Bailey gave as a reminder...the dude is a weak assed tackler too...in the vein of Houston

On 2024-08-26 at 10:00 AM, Stickem said:

Try $800,000.