Bombers at Riders LDC Early chat

Sask is very beatable, main worry will be the O again, namely the Oline in particular. I dont know what a time line would look like from Stanley to return, we need em, but his situation obviously comes first.

Hopefully the longer break between Hamilton and then Sask can help a couple guys heal a bit (Brady), and Buck could draw something up a little hotter than that cold tv dinner we dished out vs Hamilton.

I can absolutely see a 12-10 game where our D does virtually everything possible to shut down the Gappers but our O continues to be stuck in mud and can't get going. 

Riders D likely better than both BC and Ham, so it's not gonna get any easier for Zach and crew....

50 minutes ago, Dodge and Burn said:

Turnovers are usually how this weekend gets away from us. If we Dont turn the ball over we have a shot. 

But, we do....

44 minutes ago, Rod Black said:

Unlike the rest of the planet, Rider fans can’t even see we are superior.

Let the trash talk begin! 

A little more creativity this year...would be in order

Honestly any thing is possible in the ldc/bjb. I expect a split with home teams winning. 
 That said zach played his worst game of the year (again) and could well have a bounce back game. If he has his best game of the year we will blow them out. 
 Ssk has done the best job of getting to the qb this year, zach is hopeless vs pressure and our ol is in dire straights. 
 I won’t be surprised though if he have another ugly game. 

1 minute ago, wbbfan said:

Honestly any thing is possible in the ldc/bjb. I expect a split with home teams winning. 
 That said zach played his worst game of the year (again) and could well have a bounce back game. If he has his best game of the year we will blow them out. 
 Ssk has done the best job of getting to the qb this year, zach is hopeless vs pressure and our ol is in dire straights. 
 I won’t be surprised though if he have another ugly game. 

Unfortunately, Collaros is definitely trending downwards and bad games have become the norm and good games the exception. 

6 minutes ago, Tracker said:

Good point. 

Man letting Dru Brown go was a franchise altering move. The cap we would save from Collaros to Brown alone would have allowed us to retool this year and really go all in next year for the grey cup at home. But now we’re handcuffed with Zach because of the guaranteed money. 

4 hours ago, rebusrankin said:

It is that noble spirit that embiggens us all.

A perfectly chromulent sentiment. 

1 hour ago, Arnold_Palmer said:

Man letting Dru Brown go was a franchise altering move. The cap we would save from Collaros to Brown alone would have allowed us to retool this year and really go all in next year for the grey cup at home. But now we’re handcuffed with Zach because of the guaranteed money. 

Easy in hindsight.

But Zach was coming off a career season (or close to it IIRC)- how do you dump that and role with something promising, but unproven? 

Bombers were between a rock and a hard place- I understand going with Zach.

I think Zach normally follows up a poor game with a good one so I think we pull the LDC off. 3 interceptions vs the Ticats probably means Zach gonna come out and throw 3 TDs. I’ll say this if the guy who showed up on the last drive shows up in Regina, we good. 

im more concerned about the status of the OL tho. Will big Stan be good to go? If so, my concerns aren’t as great but if not, it could get ugly. Also Johnson off for Lucky and rostering smith or case works for me. 

Edited by Goalie

1 hour ago, Wanna-B-Fanboy said:

A perfectly chromulent sentiment. 

Easy in hindsight.

But Zach was coming off a career season (or close to it IIRC)- how do you dump that and role with something promising, but unproven? 

Bombers were between a rock and a hard place- I understand going with Zach.

I think just about every team is handicapped with the guaranteed money at qb. VA in BC, MBT in Edmonton, Maier in Calgary, Harris in Saskatchewan, Kelly in Toronto, Fajardo in Montreal... There'll be some FA qbs available this off season. Mostly backups. With the marketing money available to cover the guaranteed money he'd have to be paid, if the Bombers wanted to release Zach & go after Taylor Powell in Hamilton or the kid in Montreal, Davis Alexander, we probably would have as good a chance as any to sign one of them. The question is, will the Bombers move on with O'Shea & Walters running the show here? It's one thing to pull the plug on Andrew Harris, It's quite another to do the same with Zach Collaros. 

Edited by SpeedFlex27

Lawler Wilson lucky Demski Clercius is a solid group.  I’d prob roster Case as backup over smith at RB unless Brady banged up.  3 vets 2 rooks instead of 2 vets and 3 rooks. Zach is our QB after all. Needs that veteran presence at receiver. 

Edited by Goalie

4 hours ago, Noeller said:

It might take a 65yr Seerrrrrgioooooooooo boot to overcome it all next weekend....

That was like when Legghio booted that 55 yarder a couple years ago, the feeling behind nailing a kick that far is awesome

1 hour ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

I think just about every team is handicapped with the guaranteed money at qb. VA in BC, MBT in Edmonton, Maier in Calgary, Harris in Saskatchewan, Kelly in Toronto, Fajardo in Montreal... There'll be some FA qbs available this off season. Mostly backups. With the marketing money available to cover the guaranteed money he'd have to be paid, if the Bombers wanted to release Zach & go after Taylor Powell in Hamilton or the kid in Montreal, Davis Alexander, we probably would have as good a chance as any to sign one of them. The question is, will the Bombers move on with O'Shea & Walters running the show here? It's one thing to pull the plug on Andrew Harris, It's quite another to do the same with Zach Collaros. 

Question is at this point does Zach have an upside left? He still has a competitive spirit but physically he's diminished from what he was, a 10 yd. scramble has him seriously winded so he's not doing everything he can to stay in the best shape at his age. He used to be fleet of foot, now he looks as sluggish as Bighill when escaping the pocket.

His success as a passer always depended on his ability to throw on the run, every DC in the league has figured this out and has been cutting the field down and flooding the drop zone with angry DB's.  He never has gone through multiple progression on a play and never will, he's mostly a gunslinger who loves to shoot from the hip.

Last game, he looked seriously confused at his inability to move the ball, without reliable protection from his O-line, his plays of choice were to hand off to Brady or throw the ball in the general direction of Lawler, Wilson or Demski whether they were fully covered or not, using them as crutches to make up for Buck's ill conceived plans to achieve a quick strike. 

The last drive was reminiscent of the desperation Maier played with in previous seasons to move the ball on last minute drives, before he discovered any sense of composure.  The plays looked mostly scripted with Zach firing the ball blindly to a spot whether a receiver was there or not.  Fortunately it worked out for Zach on that one last drive.

Edited by Fatty Liver