Bombers at Riders LDC Early chat

1 hour ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

Haba over Adams continues to be their favourite mistake.

If you want an impactful edge guy, find a better one.

If you want a more impactful guy based on who is on the team today, dress Adams.

That or johnson either or really. Adams offers a lot, but using lucky as a naturalized imp subbing with wheatfall on for Johnson would be big too. 

1 hour ago, Booch said:

puke...and even Hubert now has really fell off the map with effectiveness....and expecting an 8th rounder to continue to flourish as a raw rookie was a pipe dream anyway...

Is that a case of garbutt and Haba came back and there's less reps for him?

20 minutes ago, rebusrankin said:

So have we discussed the fact that MOS's next win is his 102nd which would tie the club record?

People don't like to dwell on positives with Osh around here.... Pretty sure there's "we need to fire him before he tarnishes Grants legacy and steals his records undeservedly" kind of vibes around here right now...

4 hours ago, BBlink said:

At least Randolph was taking all reps at LT in practice and focusing his efforts at that position. Hopefully he will be better.

Doesn't appear they gave any consideration after TC that Bryant might not last the entire season, were they hoping Neufeld would slide out to LT and pickup the slack or was inserting a rookie OG their only solution???  That O-line is frightful, they should have budgeted properly to retain Gray and sold Dobson off to a local dog food company for pennies on the pound.

On 2024-08-30 at 1:33 PM, 17to85 said:

6'3 is not exactly average. That's above average. 

It's not huge tho. It's maybe an inch over average

41 minutes ago, Fatty Liver said:

Doesn't appear they gave any consideration after TC that Bryant might not last the entire season, were they hoping Neufeld would slide out to LT and pickup the slack or was inserting a rookie OG their only solution???  That O-line is frightful, they should have budgeted properly to retain Gray and sold Dobson off to a local dog food company for pennies on the 

From a friend of mine who knows Gray, it wasn't a money thing at all. Geoff was ready to move on.

On 2024-08-30 at 3:31 PM, Tracker said:

Interesting. When his signing was announced, I checked and one of his strengths was listed as fighting for the ball and winning most times. His highlights showed a lot of those types of catches.

I agree. We saw it vs Calgary as well. It may not be his optimal usage but he certainly is capable of bringing down balls in tight coverage.

2 hours ago, Noeller said:

Best to just soundly defeat them back to back. Tiebreaker don't matter but the points do.

Sooner or later the Bombers are going to have to look at replacing Stanley as he will have to retire in the not too distant future. While it's not optimal, maybe it'll be somewhat beneficial to get a guy like Randolph in there to get the experience and see if he can eventually be a guy we could count on some day. I realize there could be better games for this change to take place, but I'll be interested to see how he plays after a week of practice rather than just being thrown in there.

1 hour ago, IC Khari said:

Sooner or later the Bombers are going to have to look at replacing Stanley as he will have to retire in the not too distant future. While it's not optimal, maybe it'll be somewhat beneficial to get a guy like Randolph in there to get the experience and see if he can eventually be a guy we could count on some day. I realize there could be better games for this change to take place, but I'll be interested to see how he plays after a week of practice rather than just being thrown in there.

Who were Bryant's competitors brought into camp, I thought Richmond retired last season?  Randolph may be the next RG but this should only be considered a temp. fixit.  Walby mentioned switching a RG to LT is like trying to write with your opposite hand, everything is backwards.

Edited by Fatty Liver

5 hours ago, 17to85 said:

Is that a case of garbutt and Haba came back and there's less reps for him?

I don’t think so. He’s really dropped off for a good while. 
 Idk if it’s rookie wall or not, but I’m sure he will learn a lot and come in even better next tc. 
It’s hard to expect too much sustained contribution from a green cis rookie. Even ford took a couple weeks of adjustments this year after a year in the league as a back up, then a year down south. And he was a blue chip cis kid with top notch athleticism. 

4 hours ago, Noeller said:

People don't like to dwell on positives with Osh around here.... Pretty sure there's "we need to fire him before he tarnishes Grants legacy and steals his records undeservedly" kind of vibes around here right now...

I don’t think any one actually thinks that. 
 Imo mos needs adjustments, but I suspect it comes from above him. They should’ve reined him in long ago. The timing of the ships was kind of odd for his development. 
 I wouldn’t fire a hc mid season unless it was Kelly bad. The closest one for me would be buck. I’d be bringing in some one or adjusting a coach’s role to ensure quality of game plan and adjustments. Very slim chance id bring buck back next year, but to fire mos you gotta have a guy who can coach better next year. I don’t think that guy is easily available. 
 If any thing I’d groom jy to be the medium term replacement at hc. 

Mos is a great person and I’ll be happy for his record and for it finally changing hands. 

59 minutes ago, Fatty Liver said:

Who were Bryant's competitors brought into camp, I thought Richmond retired last season?  Randolph may be the next RG but this should only be considered a temp. fixit.  Walby mentioned switching a RG to LT is like trying to write with your opposite hand, everything is backwards.

In general we had been keeping a true imp tackle with upside on the pr for years. 
 Drew Richmond would’ve very likely been a good one imo. 
 larnel Coleman and Khalil Keith were both highly touted guys who played guard and some spot starts at rt due to injury. The xfl and nfl tried to convert them to rt a bit but to no success. 
 Both lost out to Randolph and vanterpool who are also guards teams tried to convert to T. 

Can’t complain to much. U got bighill coming back and Bryant out and Wallace out so gotta dress that extra American oline. I could understand with injuries why they dress Johnson. I mean every game a receiver gets hurt but I don’t know why they think dressing just 1 American DT is a good idea. If woods gets hurt it’s Thomas and schmekel. That’s rough. Oline is concerning but can’t replace an all star with an all star so. It is what it is. 

gonna be rough when bighill gets hurt and woods goes down tho. Hope Streveler is ready. Maybe Wilson also. Johnson should be on the PR and release Mitchell from it. 
Interesting strategy tho cotton. We will see if it pays off. 

Edited by Goalie

Not sure the "pattern reading" defence (as Lapo calls it) will be as effective vs a QB like Trevor Harris who gets rid of the ball quickly. Osh claims our pass rush is different (ie better) now than last time vs Sask so prob there will be some tweaks on D to bring more pressure. The recipe for Harris has always been hit him early and hard and he will turtle and start to throw picks. Same recipe for Sask's defence vs Zach TBH, so he'll need to adjust his launch point and/or make faster decisions. Changes on Bombers O line are a bit scary but pass pro hasn't been great all year. Maybe we use Woli and Clercius for extra blocking and just bully ball our way to the win. I sure like Castillo over Lauther. Go Blue!

Edited by Doublezero

2 hours ago, Doublezero said:

Not sure the "pattern reading" defence (as Lapo calls it) will be as effective vs a QB like Trevor Harris who gets rid of the ball quickly. Osh claims our pass rush is different (ie better) now than last time vs Sask so prob there will be some tweaks on D to bring more pressure. The recipe for Harris has always been hit him early and hard and he will turtle and start to throw picks. Same recipe for Sask's defence vs Zach TBH, so he'll need to adjust his launch point and/or make faster decisions. Changes on Bombers O line are a bit scary but pass pro hasn't been great all year. Maybe we use Woli and Clercius for extra blocking and just bully ball our way to the win. I sure like Castillo over Lauther. Go Blue!

The absolutely most useless thing to do vs Sask's style of offense is blitz.  Gotta get pressure with 4 otherwise you want your guys in Harris' eyes down the field to slow him up.  They'll run screens and quick stuff, rally and tackle.