Bombers at Riders LDC Early chat

30 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

The mobility issue isn’t physical now imo. Early in the year I think it was a game shape issue. The last two weeks we’ve seen him do a much better job with his feet. 
 The problem is he often tucks the ball as soon as he sees pressure and takes his eyes off the down field targets. He stares into the blitz then tries to get the ball out of his arm and back to his hand then throws half blind. The moment he tucks the ball any one in the tackle box rushes him. The moment he takes his eyes off the targets he loses coverage adjustments. 

When zach was at his best here he wasn’t crazy fast escaping, he was really poised. Eyes down field, ball ready to throw, stepping confidently not panicking.  He always seemed fast enough to beat any rush, because the threat of throwing and running keeps the D honest. Because his goal was to take whatever was open. Not force a shot to over compensate. 

Somewhat worrisome that Zach started running the ball again last game, 4 times for 15 yds, which for him is a desperation move when he sees no other options available.  Harkens back to his Rider pre-Simoni days when running was a bigger part of his game.  As with Trevor Harris, running the ball should never be considered an option for Zach as the risk is too high for the meagre reward.

1 minute ago, 17to85 said:

Disagree 100%. Running the ball should absolutely be adoption because if he shows a willingness and ability to run teams have to now account for it.

AGREE....teams have been feeing off and basically rushing with no abandon as he has shown no threatto take off...if he does it more often....things will open up when he is on a sprint or roll out trying to switch launch points...its all part of the game and if a guy gets hurt...he gets hurt...

1 hour ago, Noeller said:

I believe MOS said this during the OB post game... But I know I heard it somewhere. 

I don’t tune in for the post game show thanks for the fill in

52 minutes ago, Rod Black said:

Just past half way point in the season and we are 1 point out of first place. 

One point out of 4th, it’s a kooky year even by cfl standards. 

1 hour ago, Dodge and Burn said:

We won grey cups with worse at QB than ZC. 

not in the modern era. 

40 minutes ago, Fatty Liver said:

Somewhat worrisome that Zach started running the ball again last game, 4 times for 15 yds, which for him is a desperation move when he sees no other options available.  Harkens back to his Rider pre-Simoni days when running was a bigger part of his game.  As with Trevor Harris, running the ball should never be considered an option for Zach as the risk is too high for the meagre reward.

Agree. At his best he runs to throw. 

24 minutes ago, Noeller said:

Unconfirmed, but.....

Makes sense. Wallace and neuf won’t be it. 

Like to see what Vanderpool has...but being an import at the expense of who

Personally if Woli back possibly...I'd drop Johnson and slot Woli in and we have Whitehead in case of injury to a receiver

To drop a guy on the defensive front in a game which may come down to who plays best in the trenches be  kinda foolish to remove a guy from there...

Edited by Booch

7 minutes ago, Booch said:

Like to see what Vanderpool has...but being an import at the expense of who

Personally if Woli back possibly...I'd drop Johnson and slot Woli in and we have Whitehead in case of injury to a receiver

To drop a guy on the defensive front in a game which may come down to who plays best in the trenches be  kinda foolish to remove a guy from there...

Looks like an American dlineman will come off. Schmekel has been added to the game roster.

2 hours ago, 17to85 said:

Collaros can barely move anymore, it exacerbates the protection issues. It's sad to watch him try and run away from pressure these days.

He's slower then before but far from being a guy who can't roll out anymore.   He did it against BC and it worked well.   I think the bigger issue is the decision making on his part.   

38 minutes ago, JohnnyAbonny said:

That’s the last thing I wanted to see. They should have dropped Johnson. 

yup....poor decision in my opinion...Adams and or Woods are productive....Rookie reciever is not..Clercius and or Whitehead can give us exactly what he is...or more...just stupid....especially when Schmeck hardy gets on anyway.....as our other useless Canadian DT gets more reps than anyone not named Willie

1 hour ago, Rod Black said:

You’re not wrong - or are you? Calgary has 8. 

Youre right, one game difference not point. 

37 minutes ago, Brandon said:

2024 version of Damian Jackson?

Hes not THAT bad. Tyqwan glass? 

9 hours ago, Mike said:

does anyone saying that pay attention to the NFL? Green Bay just did exactly what we’re discussing, moving on from Aaron Rodgers to give Jordan Love the team. 

Or earlier than that, from Favre to Rodgers in the first place, or even earlier, from Montana to Young.

Plus it wouldn't even be Collaros vs Brown, but rather Collaros + the fifth round pick we got for Brown vs. Brown + the asset we would get for Collaros (and I assume more than a 5th round pick) + the cap space to sign another impact player. 

14 hours ago, wbbfan said:

I don’t tune in for the post game show thanks for the fill in

One point out of 4th, it’s a kooky year even by cfl standards. 

not in the modern era. 

Agree. At his best he runs to throw. 

Makes sense. Wallace and neuf won’t be it. 

Depends on what you consider the modern era I guess. 
Tom Burgess and Sean Salisbury could be argued as equal or worse to how Collaros has played this year.