Bombers at Riders LDC-GDT

Nolby

34 minutes ago, Stickem said:

RUN ZACK RUN.........................................is all I'm sayin'

Zack can’t run anymore don’t you know 😉

youve-been-informed-scott-forrester.gif

*reminder: Sarcasm refers to the use of words that mean the opposite of what you really want to say, especially in order to insult someone, or to show irritation, or just to be funny. For example, saying "they're really on top of things" to describe a group of people who are very disorganized is using sarcasm. 😁

Edited by IC Khari

I know our record in Regina for the LDC isn’t great and we’re bummed by Bryant not starting but I haven’t seen this low level of optimism in years. Remember the Riders haven’t won a game since the middle of July and we’re on a three game winning streak. I’m not ready to count us out yet, offensively the guys will have to be better then they were against Hamilton, and having Randolph having reps at LT all week will help, and defensively I’m not worried we’ve been outstanding most of the season. In fact having an un mobile QB like Harris in the line up gives our D an advantage. We don’t have to worry about him taking off like Patterson last time we played them. Go Bombers!!!

Keys to the game for me 

ol. Gonna live and die with our ability to block today. 

TDs. We can’t expect to sustain winning with 1 or less tds. 

Dl. Our secondary has been exceptional this year. At some point they will need some pressure from the front, and with biggie back they will need to step up with gap canceling. 

players to watch 

Lofton/Randolph.  The greenest set of tackles we’ve started in ages. The riders play for sacks, it’ll be trial by fire. 

zach/buck. On top of scoring tds, limiting turn overs and trying to off set the raw tackles, we’ve been breaking the huddle extremely late all year and rushing to get the play off on time. With the crowd at igf west we will need to be on point with getting into formation quickly. We’ve got WRs back now and lucky to use. No lack of weapons, it’s time to make use of it. 

Biggie. He’s been pretty rough this year especially in run stopping. It’ll be interesting to see how healthy he is right now, a further reduced biggie would be a big problem. 

Habba. Hasn’t really taken the step forward you’d hope for, though he’s missed a lot of time this year. We badly need production across from wj, if Habba doesn’t step up soon we should look for new ends. 

Bonus, kick cover should be fun to watch in this game. Lots of guys on both sides who get after it, and guys for us who have been making big plays on teams. 

17 minutes ago, BomberBall. said:

Don’t turn the ball over and we should have a chance…. And have a good offensive game plan to mitigate the patchwork Oline.

Funny enough, it may come down to the running game for both teams. The Bomber secondary is pretty much air-tight and with Bighill in the middle, the Riders have to think they can run right up the middle and between the tackles as well. The Bomber O-line is very suspect and the only way Collaros is still alive at the end of the game is for Buck to call for roll-outs (but Collaros is too slow for that) and/or running plays to at lease soften up the Rider linebackers and secondary. Collaros may zing a few 15-20 yarders but if he tries floating the ball out 30 yards, it will be going the other way in short order. 

1 minute ago, Tracker said:

Funny enough, it may come down to the running game for both teams. The Bomber secondary is pretty much air-tight and with Bighill in the middle, the Riders have to think they can run right up the middle and between the tackles as well. The Bomber O-line is very suspect and the only way Collaros is still alive at the end of the game is for Buck to call for roll-outs (but Collaros is too slow for that) and/or running plays to at lease soften up the Rider linebackers and secondary. Collaros may zing a few 15-20 yarders but if he tries floating the ball out 30 yards, it will be going the other way in short order. 

If it comes down to the running game, I don’t have a lot of faith that we do much of anything against that Saskatchewan front.

Saskatchwan will take away the run, blanket Lawler and force Zach to dump things short to allow their DBs to come downhill.

Our offense has given me no reason to be optimistic.  If we win today it’s because both special teams and defence score.

15 minutes ago, voodoochylde said:

If it comes down to the running game, I don’t have a lot of faith that we do much of anything against that Saskatchewan front.

Saskatchwan will take away the run, blanket Lawler and force Zach to dump things short to allow their DBs to come downhill.

Our offense has given me no reason to be optimistic.  If we win today it’s because both special teams and defence score.

Then I guess its up to Buck to have a good game plan.

Riders don't really scare me...offense is nothing to.write home about...how many tackles have they cycled thru as well? And that goes with weak interior guys...in front of glass QB Harris 

They have the worst pass defense in league..and if we utilize our more athletic oline properly it will eleviate some of the lack of cohesion...and if that opens up the run...they will cheat on it and if smart cerebral zc shows up I can see this being his best game of yr

I think Younger is gonna severely out coach that dumb arse Mueller in this one...

Today I also believe will be the game we see.some different things with the Strev use too...as in passing...

12 minutes ago, Booch said:

Riders don't really scare me...offense is nothing to.write home about...how many tackles have they cycled thru as well? And that goes with weak interior guys...in front of glass QB Harris 

They have the worst pass defense in league..and if we utilize our more athletic oline properly it will eleviate some of the lack of cohesion...and if that opens up the run...they will cheat on it and if smart cerebral zc shows up I can see this being his best game of yr

I think Younger is gonna severely out coach that dumb arse Mueller in this one...

Today I also believe will be the game we see.some different things with the Strev use too...as in passing...

This much positivity from Booch is enough to make me believe!!