Bombers at Riders LDC-GDT

Nolby

1 minute ago, Bubba Zanetti said:

Little bit concerned that our D got carved up pretty good by Harris but glad we got the ugly win!

Once we had an offense that got what, 3 first downs, in a half?

We do need someone to get around the edge and into the backfield though.

Not really sure what Haba brings.

Call up another American rush end type to play every week until you find a guy who's explosive. 

25 minutes ago, Booch said:

Good thing he missed as it would have been for loss of yards...mind u it was second down anyway

If anything should have been illegal contact for 10 yards and even that was a stretch

Calgary ran that crap a lot when the challenge first came in.  They would have a receiver truck a DB on the opposite side of the field on 3rd and long, and if they didn't make the play, they would challenge for illegal contact on the other side of the field.  This play reminded me so much of that.

1 minute ago, Sard said:

Calgary ran that crap a lot when the challenge first came in.  They would have a receiver truck a DB on the opposite side of the field on 3rd and long, and if they didn't make the play, they would challenge for illegal contact on the other side of the field.  This play reminded me so much of that.

And where did Mace come from??

4 minutes ago, bryan35 said:

Should have put more pressure on their oline. Lots of 30 fronts.

No idea why they thought 30 fronts would do well against Harris- he totally shredded our defense today. Hell, I KNOW that the 30 front would have little success against Harris.

Hopefully Younger dials up something better next week 

1 minute ago, Sard said:

That's exactly what it was.  And Mace was there on Dickenson's staff.

They had no intent of completing a pass there.  The route was to charge the DB for contact and throw the ball at it.

That's why it was such an easy pick.

4 minutes ago, Sard said:

I thought the same thing! 

Just now, Wanna-B-Fanboy said:

No idea why they thought 30 fronts would do well against Harris- he totally shredded our defense today. Hell, I KNOW that the 30 front would have little success against Harris.

Hopefully Younger dials up something better next week 

Wouldn't be so bad if we had guys actually collapsing the pocket and making him move.

We have Jefferson running past the pocket, Haba playing patty cake and Garbutt staying on the tackle's outside shoulder never leaving like we're playing Tre Ford who is going to escape and be able to do something.

34 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

Once we had an offense that got what, 3 first downs, in a half?

We do need someone to get around the edge and into the backfield though.

Not really sure what Haba brings.

Call up another American rush end type to play every week until you find a guy who's explosive. 

Not much. I feel like I’m crazy the way he gets lauded sometimes for doing absolutely nothing. 

3 minutes ago, bustamente said:

Adams needs back on the roster next week, can't give Harris the time he had tonight next week. What does Johnson do apart from taking up a roster spot. 

I'd take Adams over Haba.

Adams gets more pressure off the edge than Haba does.

If you're going to play a ton of 30 fronts anyway, Adams is a way better fit.