Bombers at Riders LDC-GDT

Nolby

6 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

I'd take Adams over Haba.

Adams gets more pressure off the edge than Haba does.

If you're going to play a ton of 30 fronts anyway, Adams is a way better fit.

Plus Adams can play dt in a 40 too. Brings tons of versatility. We could honestly do better than what he and garbutt have been bringing with air lifts / cast offs. 

6 minutes ago, Deiter Fan said:

Clearly has no faith in the ability of Strev. Surprised he didn't equivocate at all...just doesn't think he's very capable.

Yeah as a passer.  If he's compromised at all and not a threat to run there's not much to build from in terms of game planning.

He's not going to live in the pocket like Collaros or Harris.

The leg injury to Bighill may have finished him as a player & we may be forced to sign an impact free agent MLB this coming off season. Can we please.... PLEASE... have a backup qb that can throw the ball??? It appears that Osh & Pearce think Streveler can't throw the ball any better than a 12 year old pee wee player. neither do Sanchez & Milt. Our offense completely bogged down after Collaros went down & it was so disappointing to watch. If we have to rely on Strev to win for a string of gamess then we're in big, big trouble. 

3 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

The leg injury to Bighill may have finished him as a player & we may be forced to sign an impact free agent MLB this coming off season. Can we please.... PLEASE... have a backup qb that can throw the ball??? It appears that Osh & Pearce think Streveler can't throw the ball any better than a 12 year old pee wee player. neither do Sanchez & Milt. Our offense completely bogged down after Collaros went down & it was so disappointing to watch. If we have to rely on Strev to win for a string of gamess then we're in big, big trouble. 

Tony Jones sure looks like he could step into the MLB role once he has a good understanding of the playbook.

At QB I want to see what Terry Wilson can do, he seems to have the best arm on the team, hopefully circumstances dictate that there is some margin in the playoff race that provides him more than a single Q to perform.  I'll settle for Strev. going elsewhere in the off-season so they can provide the real backup with adequate playing time so he can develop properly enough to become a future starter.  

35 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

Yeah as a passer.  If he's compromised at all and not a threat to run there's not much to build from in terms of game planning.

He's not going to live in the pocket like Collaros or Harris.

I'm curious on your take re: strevler. What's going on with him? Do you think he has the chops? I watched him play pre season in the NFL and I thought he slung it pretty well

You would think three years down in the NFL he would have improved his ability. It actually looks like it's regressed.

13 minutes ago, Fatty Liver said:

Tony Jones sure looks like he could step into the MLB role once he has a good understanding of the playbook.

At QB I want to see what Terry Wilson can do, he seems to have the best arm on the team, hopefully circumstances dictate that there is some margin in the playoff race that provides him more than a single Q to perform.  I'll settle for Strev. going elsewhere in the off-season so they can provide the real backup with adequate playing time so he can develop properly enough to become a future starter.  

Strev is a gadget qb. He can't throw. That argument. discussion, whatever is now officially over. When his OC has no confidence in him to throw the ball over 5 yards just once during the second half of the game tonight then it's time to make a change. Keep Strev as a short yardage qb but promote Wilson to backup.  

Someone has probably already said it but I’m too drunk and lazy to scroll back. But congrats coach O’Shea on tying the legendary Bud Grant. I’ll admit when he was hired that I thought it wasn’t the best decision at the time. But will gladly say I am happy to be wrong. I never thought I’d see Grants record broken and we can witness it as soon as next week. LFG!!!!

5 hours ago, Bomber_fanaddict said:

Someone has probably already said it but I’m too drunk and lazy to scroll back. But congrats coach O’Shea on tying the legendary Bud Grant. I’ll admit when he was hired that I thought it wasn’t the best decision at the time. But will gladly say I am happy to be wrong. I never thought I’d see Grants record broken and we can witness it as soon as next week. LFG!!!!

Osh seemed in a bad mood all game on the sidelines. Usually you see him smile & just look like there's no problems anywhere. Not this evening. There was a burr in his saddle all game long. He didn't look happy at all. 

Edited by SpeedFlex27

1 hour ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

I've never done anything but walk in Regina.  Even when I was there for an entire fall.  Half hour walk in any direction and you're outside city limits.

You can walk around Winnipeg pretty quickly too, just make sure you go around downtown first, after that, all the stab holes will produce less resistance.

44 minutes ago, CodyT said:

I'm curious on your take re: strevler. What's going on with him? Do you think he has the chops? I watched him play pre season in the NFL and I thought he slung it pretty well

You would think three years down in the NFL he would have improved his ability. It actually looks like it's regressed.

Streveler is very banged up.  He’s not really a run threat right now.  And his entire ability to pass in this league relies on his mobility and the RPO stuff which is basically a triple option for the D to defend.

I think at his best he can run a 400 yard offense but it’s gonna be 200 yards passing and 200 rushing with him picking up a big chunk of that.  Can he do that for 18 games…doubt it.  He hasn’t made it through many games without getting injured.

29 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

Streveler is very banged up.  He’s not really a run threat right now.  And his entire ability to pass in this league relies on his mobility and the RPO stuff which is basically a triple option for the D to defend.

I think at his best he can run a 400 yard offense but it’s gonna be 200 yards passing and 200 rushing with him picking up a big chunk of that.  Can he do that for 18 games…doubt it.  He hasn’t made it through many games without getting injured.

Didnt help with Sask essentially shutting Brady down either.

The Brown shoulder to Collaros’ head was the league’s gift to the Riders. They won’t be getting a half of football to “figure out how to stop our offence” and keep our D on the field all half this week, if Zack plays that is. I suspect the game this week to look a lot like the blowout that was trending at halftime before the dirty hit almost rescued the Riders. With Stanley back in and the line back to where it was a few weeks ago, I expect a Bomber slaughter of the Green pretenders 👍🏻

3 hours ago, IC Khari said:

The Brown shoulder to Collaros’ head was the league’s gift to the Riders. They won’t be getting a half of football to “figure out how to stop our offence” and keep our D on the field all half this week, if Zack plays that is. I suspect the game this week to look a lot like the blowout that was trending at halftime before the dirty hit almost rescued the Riders. With Stanley back in and the line back to where it was a few weeks ago, I expect a Bomber slaughter of the Green pretenders 👍🏻

After that hit, I hope they destroy that bloody team. Eff  them.