Bombers at Riders LDC-GDT

Nolby

6 hours ago, wbbfan said:

Plus Adams can play dt in a 40 too. Brings tons of versatility. We could honestly do better than what he and garbutt have been bringing with air lifts / cast offs. 

He was our all around best dline guy...and allowed us to do way more

Johnson is really right now irrelevant in the offence...they trying to make him into something right now he isn't...the plays they try with him are perfectly suited for Whitehead. 

Even Clercius would offer more there...as he has shown in limited reps he gets it done and has reliable hands

If it wasn't obvious to many...Thomas is a waste of a spot...does nothing...zero upside and gets no penetration or can get off a block...and if gers washed out or makes his way outside has no ability to make a pursuit tackle...or even disrupt the QB rolling out

Its almost laughable now we run him out there for the most snaps other than WJ

Was nice to see Zach looking more like his old self. The throw he made on the play he got injured was great. Stepped out of a sack and launched to where Lawler had a chance at it. 

The int wasn’t horrible either. Wilson needs to be stronger to the ball. Same thing happened with Lawler last week. 

Hopefully he’s good to go next week but we could win the banjo bowl without Zach. I don’t think Strev looked as bad as people are saying. Made quick decisions to get the out. Didn’t attack down field but they mostly were running the ball playing with the lead. 

And as Cactus Jack Wells would have said…"Well, it turned out nice again."

I revisited a couple of YouTube videos of Streveler NFL highlights (exhibition games for the Jets). He does have a weird throwing motion but he was making the odd downfield throw with accuracy. He was/is definitely a "if the pass isn't there on the first look, I'm going to run" sort of guy. One thing that I did notice is that he looked a lot faster during his first stint here and in the NFL. Is he currently banged up? I'm hoping the Collaros is ready to go for the re-match because, unless Pierce can come up with a super-duper game plan for Streveler, I just don't know. Anyone know anything about Wilson, our third string guy?

I'm hoping that the Rider (Brown?) who took out Collaros gets more than a fine. Apparently, he was the guy who took out Brown (Redblacks) earlier in the season. I understand that Wade Miller called out the commissioner on the matter. It will be interesting to see how this unfolds.

Did we blitz more than once during the game? And that one time we did came on that late TD drive by the Riders and we got burned.

That Rider play where Holm (?) had the INT but we were called for PI seemed to be a set play. That Rider receiver ran right at and into the Bomber defender. It seemed to happen before Harris released the ball. Offensive pass interference? The Stamps were notorious for running the same type of play in those situations and getting away with it. Of course, Mace played and was an assistant coach with the Stamps.

I have to admit I was cursing at the TV at times but as Cactus Jack would say…..

Sask is just a bunch of dirt balls from top to bottom....that run by strev before the Sergio FG...which btw would have been good from 65 yards as well...Sayles totally dove in targeting Streveler head as he was being brought down by a different guy...Luckily he didn't connect squarely...I hope that gets flagged in the fines department...no need for that crap

And so what if Lucky offerd a beer...I would too...that guy was sucker punched anyway so I'd have beat the tar out of someone if I was there too...Sask can't even win the squabbles in the stands either

Solid effort by the guys in saskabush.....I thought we got away from our game in the second half after losing Zack BUT we prevailed.....The riders have been 'over sold' from the beginning of the year and now we're getting to see the 'real' club....How the hell did we blow that short 'on side' kick at the end....We better bone up on that ...it could have cost us.....Not enough pressure at the end on Harris....can't allow this guy to play 'pitch and catch'....Looking forward to the banjo this weekend....gonna be a slobber knocker

A few Bomber fans  in the stands deserve a beer....We not going to take that bull$hit from anyone.... 

Edited by Stickem

As for the short kick unit...Lawler is on it..and was on the side where they only had 3 guys...which is the smart move for basically a jump ball with no traffic

U put the bigger bodies in the mosh pit side...but Thomas out there is just stupid as he has probably the least athletic ability on the team....that's just dumb

I'm OK with the lack of blitzing. Harris gets the ball out so quick the rush doesn't get there anyways.  the game plan to beat him has been to limit him on big plays. 

Thas why he's got the second best completion percentage but light on wins.

They still ran a couple delay blitzes and couldn't figure out the point of those.

Edited by itchy

3 hours ago, rebusrankin said:

Didn't realize it but the Rider DL who cheapshoted Zach also did it to Dru Brown earlier this year. Suspend that *******. Hell, kick him out of the league. No need for that ****. People pay to watch the QB, not the DL.

Nothing ever changes with the Riders. I'm surprised he didn't do a cut throat gesture after the hit.

12 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

The leg injury to Bighill may have finished him as a player & we may be forced to sign an impact free agent MLB this coming off season. Can we please.... PLEASE... have a backup qb that can throw the ball??? It appears that Osh & Pearce think Streveler can't throw the ball any better than a 12 year old pee wee player. neither do Sanchez & Milt. Our offense completely bogged down after Collaros went down & it was so disappointing to watch. If we have to rely on Strev to win for a string of gamess then we're in big, big trouble. 

Funny you say that, when Strev is in they literally run the offence we had in pewee/minor bantam back in the 90s. 7 on the line with a fullback and QB option 90% of plays. 

I'm pleasantly surprised with how well the bombers came out and played. Usually on labor day the Riders get an uncanny boost that we can't match. This one played out like a regular football game and until Zach got injured Winnipeg dominated. Its hard to tell if our offensive line was playing well in pass protect or if it was more a case of Zach getting rid of the ball very quickly.   We would have won handily had Zach not been taken out on the cheap shot.

Its annoying how handle Streveler when he's in. I feel like if he could at least attempt a few passes of more than 10 yards down field it might open up the run game a bit more. Our strategy against the 2nd best run defense in the league was to make it obvious we were going to run on every down and then do so poorly. It was also annoying how they used the idea of Streveler running on first down as a decoy the entire 2nd half and never actually let him do it once they were keying on BO. 

I think its quite obvious that Streveler's use is a Lapo vs Buck Pierce thing. It was quite revealing during that broadcast when Lapo mentioned he would have had Streveler throw the ball on 2nd and short. I think if Lapo were here we'd be doing a lot more with Streveler than we are.  We use him less than we used Prukop in gadget plays and we probably have him passing the ball less than we would had done with Prukop when he's in the game in place of a injured Collaros. It was probably the right strategy for this game to trust the defense but its irritating we don't get Streveler a chance to grow as a passer. If Zach can't go next week we will have to let Streveler pass the ball more.   However, I personally think Zach is out for very precautionary reasons and that he will play this week. If he was actually failing all kind of concussion protocols he wouldn't have stood alone on the sidelines catching players as they came out of bounds. 

At what point do we stop putting Bighill back in when he's healthy enough to do so? He's pretty much at the point on his career where he can't finish a game.   I really like this Jones at linebacker. He's a keeper. 

27 minutes ago, Colin Unger said:

I'm pleasantly surprised with how well the bombers came out and played. Usually on labor day the Riders get an uncanny boost that we can't match. This one played out like a regular football game and until Zach got injured Winnipeg dominated. Its hard to tell if our offensive line was playing well in pass protect or if it was more a case of Zach getting rid of the ball very quickly.   We would have won handily had Zach not been taken out on the cheap shot.

Its annoying how handle Streveler when he's in. I feel like if he could at least attempt a few passes of more than 10 yards down field it might open up the run game a bit more. Our strategy against the 2nd best run defense in the league was to make it obvious we were going to run on every down and then do so poorly. It was also annoying how they used the idea of Streveler running on first down as a decoy the entire 2nd half and never actually let him do it once they were keying on BO. 

I think its quite obvious that Streveler's use is a Lapo vs Buck Pierce thing. It was quite revealing during that broadcast when Lapo mentioned he would have had Streveler throw the ball on 2nd and short. I think if Lapo were here we'd be doing a lot more with Streveler than we are.  We use him less than we used Prukop in gadget plays and we probably have him passing the ball less than we would had done with Prukop when he's in the game in place of a injured Collaros. It was probably the right strategy for this game to trust the defense but its irritating we don't get Streveler a chance to grow as a passer. If Zach can't go next week we will have to let Streveler pass the ball more.   However, I personally think Zach is out for very precautionary reasons and that he will play this week. If he was actually failing all kind of concussion protocols he wouldn't have stood alone on the sidelines catching players as they came out of bounds. 

At what point do we stop putting Bighill back in when he's healthy enough to do so? He's pretty much at the point on his career where he can't finish a game.   I really like this Jones at linebacker. He's a keeper. 

There were at least two plays where Streveler (going one direction) gave Oliviera (going the opposite direction) the ball when I was thinking....this would be a good time for Streveler to pull the ball out and run with it. Unfortunately, it did not happen.

15 hours ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

Media has too much respect but they need to ask/report on Streveler condition.

Guy is clearly busted up.  Everything he does is completely upright.  He can't run the ball right now either.  He used to bust off runs off guard in short yardage even earlier this season.  He's getting like 1.5 yards on a play now no matter where the run is going.  He can't get around the edge.  He's got no power.

You're still going on about this lol