Bombers at Riders LDC-GDT

Nolby

3 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

You're still going on about this lol

Do you have eyes?

When's the last time the guy made a play?

Watch his running in 2019 or even the Ottawa game compared to right now.  Even on the high ankle sprain in the 19 playoffs he had more explosion.

He's got nothing.

He's either aged 20 years since July or he's injured.

Edited by JuranBoldenRules

15 hours ago, Doublezero said:

I am 100% Strevy fan but for sure he does not look right. Bombers need to make a play for VAJ in the offseason. He may not be 100% the answer but will be more than serviceable until we can get Dru Brown back in 2026.

I am also a Streveler fan but either he is grievously injured  or the coaches have so little confidence in him that they are afraid to trust him with any kind of complex offense. Either way, something needs to be done to bolster the quarterbacking corps as it is still increasingly obvious that Collaros is sort of OK on a good day (and he hasn't had many of those lately) but not the starter of the Bomber future.

17 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

Do you have eyes?

When's the last time the guy made a play?

Watch his running in 2019 or even the Ottawa game compared to right now.  Even on the high ankle sprain in the 19 playoffs he had more explosion.

He's got nothing.

He's either aged 20 years since July or he's injured.

No you're right. He's been so hurt the past month or so that they've really limited his potential for injury and forced him into being something he isn't, a pocket passer. When will they let him run again?

3 minutes ago, Booch said:

Maybe Dru only signed for 2 yrs for a reason...and skiddadles back in 2026

I'd be surprised, in the 2 years he has to contemplate his future, he's building connections and helping build a team of his own, he might get attached to the people he's working with.  The only way he comes back to the Bombers is if he decides to go to FA and they outbid everyone else for his services, but I can't see RB management letting him get that far.  

22 minutes ago, Fatty Liver said:

I'd be surprised, in the 2 years he has to contemplate his future, he's building connections and helping build a team of his own, he might get attached to the people he's working with.  The only way he comes back to the Bombers is if he decides to go to FA and they outbid everyone else for his services, but I can't see RB management letting him get that far.  

You ever spent time in Ottawa??  It sucks. lol

1 minute ago, do or die said:

Told that we wanted to play off the Harris quick short stuff......and then make the play.

Over 30 points and 31 first downs, against.   Fail.

Way too much time.

Even if you're rushing 3-4 you got to be able to cause some disruption so they can't run double moves all over the field and pass the ball at will.

1 hour ago, Tracker said:

I am also a Streveler fan but either he is grievously injured  or the coaches have so little confidence in him that they are afraid to trust him with any kind of complex offense. Either way, something needs to be done to bolster the quarterbacking corps as it is still increasingly obvious that Collaros is sort of OK on a good day (and he hasn't had many of those lately) but not the starter of the Bomber future.

He played lights out yesterday

1 hour ago, Booch said:

I've been saying this since he left. Dru loved it here and there very well might be a good chance we can bring him home. Tougher now that Ottawa looks competitive tho.

6 minutes ago, GCn20 said:

He played lights out yesterday

I've been saying this since he left. Dru loved it here and there very well might be a good chance we can bring him home. Tougher now that Ottawa looks competitive tho.

“You can never go home again.” -Thomas Wolfe

Strev. should have regarded this sentiment, the past is in the past, and you can't bring it back.

2 hours ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

Way too much time.

Even if you're rushing 3-4 you got to be able to cause some disruption so they can't run double moves all over the field and pass the ball at will.

Going to need a better scheme and personnel Saturday.  The 3 man rush was getting abused….. Plus we had soft coverage behind it.   And we used it continuously with no disguise.  Harris knew exactly what was coming and was way too comfortable.

4 hours ago, Slimy Sculpin said:

There were at least two plays where Streveler (going one direction) gave Oliviera (going the opposite direction) the ball when I was thinking....this would be a good time for Streveler to pull the ball out and run with it. Unfortunately, it did not happen.

I remember that one play where Strev gave the ball to Oliveira who ran it wide left & got stuffed. The entire defense went with him. No one covered him & had he kept the ball Streveler would have had a massive gain. No idea why they didn't run that particular play again.

2 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

I remember that one play where Strev gave the ball to Oliveira who ran it wide left & got stuffed. The entire defense went with him. No one covered him & had he kept the ball Streveler would have had a massive gain. No idea why they didn't run that particular play again.

That's a few times this year they have run that exact play and no one has gone with Strev. I'm thinking they are not shielding the ball enuff or something on film is telling the D that it's going to BO

1 hour ago, Fatty Liver said:

“You can never go home again.” -Thomas Wolfe

Strev. should have regarded this sentiment, the past is in the past, and you can't bring it back.

We need to elevate Wilson to the backup & put Streveler as QB3. Give the kid a chance to get some experience & more reps at practice. If Streveler is our starting qb, it will be a disaster. How do you game plan when your starting qb can't throw? Or an OC who has absolutely no belief that he can.

And on the couple where he did keep it he couldn't beat the angle of the Riders linebacker.

Things that make you go hmm.  In comparison to this speed and power:

https://youtu.be/LK-xxv0OZ7o?si=1s0krnxmgy7p6hM2

3 hours ago, Booch said:

That’d be nice, but I’m sure it’s about getting the money he deserves quick. 
 Idk would he come back to the team that didn’t believe in him enough to give him the shot. 
 Give ott a first to swap zach and dru lol 

3 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

We need to elevate Wilson to the backup & put Streveler as QB3. Give the kid a chance to get some experience & more reps at practice. If Streveler is our starting qb, it will be a disaster. How do you game plan when your starting qb can't throw? Or an OC who has absolutely no belief that he can.

He can throw, buck can’t put together a game plan to save his or any one else’s life. He can’t game plan to beat pressure, use our weapons, maintain the run etc. buck is the problem, not strevy. He may or may not be limited physically but he isn’t the issue. 

7 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

One play too if he gave it to lucky he coukd have turned the corner and ran all day...but Riders knew he was gonna pull it and it went nowhere...may have been that play where Sayles tried his head shot....

Thing is...he can...but gets no usage doing it...and no reps in practice running any offensive plays...so when he gets inserted...he has had no reps...next to nothing installed...and we'll is a glorified running back

Look at his starts in his rookie yr...Banjo Bowl beat down...His play in NFL where there is smaller windows and things can move faster...he was just fine

It's Buck and Osh who are neutering him...almost ruining him...at least Lapo allowed him to do more..not much more but actually play some real QB

If he was used right...and made to be not a purely pocket passer...but moved around...with threat to run...or throw....he'd be a real weapon...but we for whatever reason refuse to do it

5 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

Idk would he come back to the team that didn’t believe in him enough to give him the shot. 

He can throw, buck can’t put together a game plan to save his or any one else’s life. He can’t game plan to beat pressure, use our weapons, maintain the run etc. buck is the problem, not strevy. He may or may not be limited physically but he isn’t the issue. 

He has a stronger arm than ZC as well...

3 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

I respectfully disagree. This has been an issue since Streveler first got here in 2018. His throwing mechanics appear to be off & 4 years in the NFL doesn't looks like it made a difference. If at 30, he can't run a pro offense then it's time to move on.

Just now, SpeedFlex27 said:

I respectfully disagree. This has been an issue since Streveler first got here in 2018. His throwing mechanics appear to be off & 4 years in the NFL doesn't looks like it made a difference. If at 30, he can't run a pro offense then it's time to move on.

He throws like Phillip Rivers....he had a sustained career 

1 minute ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

It hasn’t though. And that was literally his first ever pro game reps lol. He had one poor toss with pressure right on him, in a play where a completion would’ve lost yards. 
 He ran the offence when he came in for zach the first time this year because we didn’t have a full install on the trash pack buck tries to force him to run. 

4 minutes ago, Booch said:

One play too if he gave it to lucky he coukd have turned the corner and ran all day...but Riders knew he was gonna pull it and it went nowhere...may have been that play where Sayles tried his head shot....

Thing is...he can...but gets no usage doing it...and no reps in practice running any offensive plays...so when he gets inserted...he has had no reps...next to nothing installed...and we'll is a glorified running back

Look at his starts in his rookie yr...Banjo Bowl beat down...His play in NFL where there is smaller windows and things can move faster...he was just fine

It's Buck and Osh who are neutering him...almost ruining him...at least Lapo allowed him to do more..not much more but actually play some real QB

If he was used right...and made to be not a purely pocket passer...but moved around...with threat to run...or throw....he'd be a real weapon...but we for whatever reason refuse to do it

He has a stronger arm than ZC as well...

The thing is, even if I agreed that you both are correct & our OC  continues to neuter Streveler. So then, the question has to be asked... Just why is Streveler here? If Buck can't design plays to take advantage of his abilities then he's wasting a roster spot. And the development of another qb who could turn out to be another Dru Brown. Buck may not be smart enough to use Streveler the way he should.

8 minutes ago, Booch said:

He throws like Phillip Rivers....he had a sustained career 

Rivers could run every play in the Chargers playbook. I doubt that Streveler can do that here. I think that's the difference.