Bombers at Riders LDC-GDT

Nolby

I wasn’t following this thread during the game; was there any discussion as to why Evan Holm was returning punts in the third? 
Even the guys on TV called him Lucky but I guess 31 and 13 are easy to confuse. Lucky finished the game back there but i don’t remember any discussion of it at all, were they both back there or was Lucky on the sidelines? 

2 minutes ago, GCJenks said:

I wasn’t following this thread during the game; was there any discussion as to why Evan Holm was returning punts in the third? 
Even the guys on TV called him Lucky but I guess 31 and 13 are easy to confuse. Lucky finished the game back there but i don’t remember any discussion of it at all, were they both back there or was Lucky on the sidelines? 

he had some minor injury or something they were assessing I believe

21 hours ago, BomberBall. said:

Going to need a better scheme and personnel Saturday.  The 3 man rush was getting abused….. Plus we had soft coverage behind it.   And we used it continuously with no disguise.  Harris knew exactly what was coming and was way too comfortable.

Doesn’t help.... that we still have the most useless blitz packages around......

3 hours ago, Tracker said:

I am putting my vote for Khari Jones if/when O'Shea leaves.

It feels like Coaches are getting younger all the time. O'Shea might actually be the 2nd oldest coach in the league and Khari is older than he is.

5 hours ago, Tracker said:

I am putting my vote for Khari Jones if/when O'Shea leaves.

I'd be interested in Jordan Maksymic. I think he's the best OC in the CFL. He might be able to bring a few free agent Lions with him. Hoewver, he'll be the next Lions HC by the time Osh leaves. 

4 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

I'd be interested in Jordan Maksymic. I think he's the best OC in the CFL. He might be able to bring a few free agent Lions with him. Hoewver, he'll be the next Lions HC by the time Osh leaves. 

Passing yards go brrrrrrrr!

Dude's offense has failed how many times in the playoffs? Come on dude, you're smarter than that.

47 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

The absolute worst at adjusting.

Take his QB's first read away and it's game over.  Fully reliant on explosives.  Can't develop run game.

Can't win any big games as a OC.  Lost with Reilly, Rourke, Adams.

Doesn't matter.

Just think.  BC had us at 2-6 with a doubleheader vs them.  Couldn't score a TD in two games.  Could have put us so far in their rearview mirror that they'd be 5-6 games ahead of us right now.  Instead we're tied and above them on the tiebreaker.

2 hours ago, 17to85 said:

Dude's offense has failed how many times in the playoffs? Come on dude, you're smarter than that.

It's only a thought. Woukld probably never happen here. I actually think that Jordan Younger is the new heir apparent here. Buck's stock seems to have fallen sharply. Our D despite some strange roster decisions from our HC is playing pretty well. 

1 hour ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

The absolute worst at adjusting.

Take his QB's first read away and it's game over.  Fully reliant on explosives.  Can't develop run game.

Can't win any big games as a OC.  Lost with Reilly, Rourke, Adams.

Doesn't matter.

Just think.  BC had us at 2-6 with a doubleheader vs them.  Couldn't score a TD in two games.  Could have put us so far in their rearview mirror that they'd be 5-6 games ahead of us right now.  Instead we're tied and above them on the tiebreaker.

Okay, you convinced me. My take on Maksymic is wrong. 

giphy.webp?cid=790b76113vrefl6f7x4930r1z

1 hour ago, 17to85 said:

Re-watched the game and it's really something... they really did streveler no favours with the play calls. It's all short passes or runs and so many times Oliveira was stopped short. Let the man play the position for God's sake. Will save a lotnof wear and tear on both he and the running back.

It's  pretty clear to me that Buck thinks that Streveler can't. I just have no idea why we signed him. 

12 hours ago, 17to85 said:

Yeah, I bought into Macksymic too from 2022.  I’ll happily admit to being wrong.  but he’s clearly one dimensional. Multiple RB’s and can’t/won’t run the ball. If the QB can’t hit a bunch of deep shots, they have no answers. 

What we have seen more than anything this year from Buck, is that his offence experienced an overhaul this offseason/season through injuries and other player losses and he has not adjusted well to that. I think he's coming around now but was slow on the draw. He is not a developmental OC. Surround him with too many new faces in his offence room and it will be leaky boat that will be bailing out water too long before all the holes are plugged. I think it's coming around now though. As for his usage of Strev? The only explanation I see as realistic is that Strev is banged up.

48 minutes ago, GCn20 said:

What we have seen more than anything this year from Buck, is that his offence experienced an overhaul this offseason/season through injuries and other player losses and he has not adjusted well to that. I think he's coming around now but was slow on the draw. He is not a developmental OC. Surround him with too many new faces in his offence room and it will be leaky boat that will be bailing out water too long before all the holes are plugged. I think it's coming around now though. As for his usage of Strev? The only explanation I see as realistic is that Strev is banged up.

I dont see him as adept yet....at in-game adjusting to a DC who is countering their scheme...he seems lost and just throwing darts at the wall to see if something will work....now will he get better at that?...or is he just not capable?....time will tell

1 hour ago, JohnnyAbonny said:

Yeah, I bought into Macksymic too from 2022.  I’ll happily admit to being wrong.  but he’s clearly one dimensional. Multiple RB’s and can’t/won’t run the ball. If the QB can’t hit a bunch of deep shots, they have no answers. 

Stanback leads the league in carries and is 2nd in yardage.