Bombers at Riders LDC-GDT

Nolby

They didn't let Brown pass unless Collaros went out last year too. This isn't a case of them thinking streveler can't pass, it's a case again of not letting the backup qb be a valuable piece. Ever since Prukop threw an int in the grey cup vs. Toronto they haven't let anyone but collaros throw unless he was unavailable. 

1 minute ago, 17to85 said:

They didn't let Brown pass unless Collaros went out last year too. This isn't a case of them thinking streveler can't pass, it's a case again of not letting the backup qb be a valuable piece. Ever since Prukop threw an int in the grey cup vs. Toronto they haven't let anyone but collaros throw unless he was unavailable. 

Still If I was a betting person I would bet that the reason this is happening with Strev who one could argue is in a different category of skill set than Brown and Prukop were last year is some sort of injury that is not being shared which opens up a whole lot of other issues to chat about if true.

I hope less speculation and more facts come out in why the reluctance in letting Strev be an actual CFL QB not a running decoy presently they have him playing.  I think its a reasonable expectation that paying fans have some level of detail if indeed its an injury impeding his play. It's not like its in the middle of the playoffs where coaches don't show their hands at all with current injuries players are dealing with.

24 minutes ago, HardCoreBlue said:

Still If I was a betting person I would bet that the reason this is happening with Strev who one could argue is in a different category of skill set than Brown and Prukop were last year is some sort of injury that is not being shared which opens up a whole lot of other issues to chat about if true.

I hope less speculation and more facts come out in why the reluctance in letting Strev be an actual CFL QB not a running decoy presently they have him playing.  I think its a reasonable expectation that paying fans have some level of detail if indeed its an injury impeding his play. It's not like its in the middle of the playoffs where coaches don't show their hands at all with current injuries players are dealing with.

I feel like I've made my position on the "Streveler must be injured" theory clear...I'm not sure I see a situation where an injury would be bad enough to give coaches a doubt that he could properly throw if needed, while also allowing him to run as hard as he can into a pile of men bigger than he is, or turning corners and putting his head down inviting contact....?

Those two things don't correlate. 

Which leaves....Streveler either isn't good enough...or these particular coaches don't think he is good enough.

Edited by Bigblue204

If he's too hurt to pass the ball why still use him as a human pinata by running him into the teeth of a defens3 constantly? Put him on the IR if he is too hurt or let him play the position. 2 years ago prukop got more use passing than streveler does.

36 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

I feel like I've made my position on the "Streveler must be injured" theory clear...I'm not sure I see a situation where an injury would be bad enough to give coaches a doubt that he could properly throw if needed, while also allowing him to run as hard as he can into a pile of men bigger than he is, or turning corners and putting his head down inviting contact....?

Which leaves....Streveler either isn't good enough...or these particular coaches don't think he is good enough.

Or these particular coaches don't know how to take advantage of his skillset.

37 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

QB's with no skill...or ability topass don't stick...even tho if it is PR's and as depth for 4 yrs in NFL...They dont have time for that B.S

It's strictly an issue here with our staff.....even looking back to his first yr here, and spot duty after....and his time at S. Dakota....guys can pass....and actually have minimal turnovers doing so

If he was allowed, and in an offence that lets the Faj do what he does...he's be better than the Faj....If Mass had him the last yr and a half, we would all be saying "wtf ...why we let him go"

3 minutes ago, Booch said:

QB's with no skill...or ability topass don't stick...even tho if it is PR's and as depth for 4 yrs in NFL...They dont have time for that B.S

It's strictly an issue here with our staff.....even looking back to his first yr here, and spot duty after....and his time at S. Dakota....guys can pass....and actually have minimal turnovers doing so

If he was allowed, and in an offence that lets the Faj do what he does...he's be better than the Faj....If Mass had him the last yr and a half, we would all be saying "wtf ...why we let him go"

Exactly. Buck and the staff have ruined this guy. No doubt in my mind the guy would be thriving if he was in say Montreal. 

1 hour ago, 17to85 said:

They were conservative with Brown in a Calgary game in gale force winds.

Otherwise he ran the full offense.

55 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

If he's too hurt to pass the ball why still use him as a human pinata by running him into the teeth of a defens3 constantly? Put him on the IR if he is too hurt or let him play the position. 2 years ago prukop got more use passing than streveler does.

yeah and that paid off big time in the 2022 Grey Cup...oh wait...

29 minutes ago, Booch said:

yeah I believe he is more than good enough to be a starting CFL qb. I also think this team would have been in 1st place a few weeks ago had he been the starter all year.

2 hours ago, Bigblue204 said:

Like I said pure speculation at this point on all our parts until we hear more definitive reasons from the coaching staff on why they are currently using Strev in they way they are.

2 hours ago, HardCoreBlue said:

Like I said pure speculation at this point on all our parts until we hear more definitive reasons from the coaching staff on why they are currently using Strev in they way they are.

The coaches don't talk to the media let alone the fans about these kinds of things. There's seems to be a lot of mistrust & contempt for (what's left of) the locsl media by Osh's coaching staff. Don't know why as I think the media in Winnipeg has been very supportive of the Bombers & Osh since 2018.. 

Edited by SpeedFlex27

5 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

No suspension for Brown. I'm hoping that Miller's public criticism of Ambrosie marks the beginning of the end of his reign of error. I notice Miller didn't get fined. I don't think he'd dare fine him with the influence he has with the other BOG's.

I would have been shocked if Miller got dinged 

2 minutes ago, Jpan85 said:

Yeah you don’t fine one of your bosses and probably the one with the biggest voice among the owners/presidents

This may been the precursor to a new rule next yr...like the NCAA one where u are gone