Why will the CFL brain trust never learn?

Who amongst the CFL executive insist on not protecting the franchise quarterbacks that is their biggest expenditure on every roster?

Who benefits from not adjusting the rules? The NFL has certainly gone to every effort to protect their franchise quarterbacks... So what is the reasoning process???

Do they just want to see violence to make the game more attractive?

The hit to Collaros was a clear attempt to injure: the hit was very late and helmet to helmet was deliberate and intentional. The offender's will be greatly rewarded for knocking our QB out of the game and who knows how many games in the immediate and distant future.

These type of deliberate non-protection QB rules cost attendance around the league. Nobody ultimately benefits from such malfeasance.

So tell me why?

Duh?

There's no disincentive for guys on taking those shots.

Ho hum 15 yards.

Start handing out suspensions.

Two of these games in a row with late and purposeful helmet to helmet hits way after the ball is out, even way after the play is over, on a guy who has been MOP or divisional MOP every year since pandemic.

5 minutes ago, Captain Blue said:

NFL already figured this out. People want to see the star QBs play and that means protecting them as much as possible. Sask could have - and still may have - altered our season and all it cost them was one penalty. 

NCAA too.  Any targeted head shot is immediate ejection, on anyone not just QB's.

CFL we have guys going around spearing anything that moves.  You have guys like Hefney breaking their necks from throwing those hits.

If they care at all about player safety they'll start actually officiating the games.

1 minute ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

NCAA too.  Any targeted head shot is immediate ejection, on anyone not just QB's.

CFL we have guys going around spearing anything that moves.  You have guys like Hefney breaking their necks from throwing those hits.

If they care at all about player safety they'll start actually officiating the games.

There’s zero standard for competence for officials. I don’t see anything changing until they start paying and training them better. 

Anecdote- When my daughter was in an Edmonton hospital in 2021, one of her nurses was the line judge on the top CFL reffing crew (Proulx) He left a full shift on one of the busiest paediatric wards in the country to go home, eat and ref the Bomber/Edmonton game that same night. 

If it’s their second job, they’re going to perform like it. You get what you pay for. 

43 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

Last week Wilson got the worst looking clothesline I can ever remember...no flag. This week an intentional headshot on our QB and for all intents and purposes...no penalty.

1 hour ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

There's no disincentive for guys on taking those shots.

Ho hum 15 yards.

Start handing out suspensions.

Two of these games in a row with late and purposeful helmet to helmet hits way after the ball is out, even way after the play is over, on a guy who has been MOP or divisional MOP every year since pandemic.

A half a game day paycheque fine is all that POS Rider Lineman will get. He should be suspended. 

7 hours ago, Blue-urns said:

Zach needs to seriously consider wearing a Guardian Cap.  So what if he looks like a bobblehead?

Shot to the face/jaw...cap wouldn't do anything...a shot to the body causing whiplash and or sudden stop too causing majority of concussions...a guardian cap again would do nothing...

5 hours ago, Noeller said:

Atta boy Wade...let's see what Scarfs has to say to that....

48 minutes ago, rebusrankin said:

I love Wade for calling Scarf Boy out on this crap..

Heck, all three players on the panel called it out and said its not ok.

Yup...let's see what that doucher does now...seeing as it a repeat offence a 2 game sit in the corner suspension should suffice...I'd go as.far as fine the.coach too

11 hours ago, Noeller said:

This is excellent… it needs to be someone with with a significant voice in the cfl, like Wade, calling out the league for stuff like this… caretaker Bob and Doman would be good voices too if anything happens to any of their players… 

EDIT: then again, Bob’s boys have been the ones making a lot of the cheap shots this year…

Edited by bearpants

2 minutes ago, bearpants said:

This is excellent… it needs to be someone with with a significant voice in the cfl, like Wade, calling out the league for stuff like this… caretaker Bob and Doman would be good voices too if anything happens to any of their players… 

EDIT: then again, Bob’s boys have been the ones making a lot of the cheap shots this year…

Hamilton lost a receiver and their starting QB vs Edmonton to two illegal hits by the same Edmonton LB within 3 series in the 1st quarter and neither were even penalized.

1 minute ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

Hamilton lost a receiver and their starting QB vs Edmonton to two illegal hits by the same Edmonton LB within 3 series in the 1st quarter and neither were even penalized.

My mistake… I was specifically thinking of that game and for some reason I was thinking it was the other way around