2024 Banjo Bowl Talk

Nolby

Unless the Bombers eke out a tie somewhere the season series is irrelevant.

If they both finish on 10 wins, the Riders would finish ahead because they have the extra point afforded to a tie.

If they both end up on 20 points (Bombers have 10 wins, Riders have 9 but another tie)... the Bombers finish ahead because they have more wins.

23 minutes ago, ShyGuy said:

Unless the Bombers eke out a tie somewhere the season series is irrelevant.

If they both finish on 10 wins, the Riders would finish ahead because they have the extra point afforded to a tie.

If they both end up on 20 points (Bombers have 10 wins, Riders have 9 but another tie)... the Bombers finish ahead because they have more wins.

While it's true that a tiebreaker is very unlikely because of their tie, winning on Saturday would effectively be a 4 point swing for us in the standings (in addition to hopefully crushing their green heart)

56 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

Be shocked if collaros didn't play. 

Just win. West is too tight to take a step back now. Time to start putting some of these teams firmly in the rear view.

Yeah I expect him back. I think it was entirely preventative keeping him out. 

30 minutes ago, BigBlue said:

MOS thinks and says Zach is the best QB in the league "under pressure"

Course he does. 

1 hour ago, BigBlue said:

Whatever. Who would expect him to say anything less. Two time grey cup winner, 4 straight tickets to the big game, and a 4 game winning streak (first in the west) Like it or not without number 8 we’re in trouble this season. The offense was moving the ball with ease with Collaros in the line up and it was absolutely stifled without him so yeah I know Zach isn’t exactly 2022 MOP Zach but O’Shea rightfully puts a lot of respect on his name. 

Edited by Arnold_Palmer

1 hour ago, BigBlue said:

Last 2 Grey Cups say otherwise

15 minutes ago, Arnold_Palmer said:

Whatever. Who would expect him to say anything less. Two time grey cup winner, 4 straight tickets to the big game, and a 4 game winning streak (first in the west) Like it or not without number 8 we’re in trouble this season. The offense was moving the ball with ease with Collaros in the line up and it was absolutely stifled without him so yeah I know Zach isn’t exactly 2022 MOP Zach but O’Shea rightfully puts a lot of respect on his name. 

Yup..we need him and he's our best option...that being said...until proven otherwise and seeing a different trend happen...I have not a lot a faith and we gonna need 3 phase football and zero...I mean zero coaching brain cramps

58 minutes ago, Booch said:

Yup..we need him and he's our best option...that being said...until proven otherwise and seeing a different trend happen...I have not a lot a faith and we gonna need 3 phase football and zero...I mean zero coaching brain cramps

See, I'm totally good with a team that needs all 3 phases to win...THAT'S entertaining football.

52 minutes ago, ShyGuy said:

He has essentially gone full game manager in all 8 playoff games he's played as a Bomber

In any of the Cups, Zach really hasn't balled out. He had amazing regular seasons, MOP, and then playoffs hit and it has seemed like hes forgotten how good he was in the regular season.

I hope we win the cup, Zach goes into monster mode in the playoffs and we completely wipe our memories of how shitty this year started.

1 hour ago, Arnold_Palmer said:

Me and my girl friend will be there. She recently found her childhood Charles Robert’s jersey when we were packing to move in together so she’ll be rocking that on Saturday! Go Blue!!

I'm guessing it might be a bit "tighter" now....and I'm guessing that's not exactly a bad thing either...lol...

11 hours ago, ShyGuy said:

He has essentially gone full game manager in all 8 playoff games he's played as a Bomber

Flat out wrong. I broke down Zack’s play off stats as a bomber after last years gc loss, I dug them back out for this. More picks than tds, barely 200 yards per game, more 2 and outs than tds and big plays combined. 19 our run game blew out Hamilton, 21 our D won the day. The last two we’ve had the ball in Zachs hands with a chance to win and came up short. That isn’t game management, it’s just poor play. The funny thing is, Zachs stats this year are going to be similar to his play off numbers here, but worse. Has he been in game manager mode all year? 

9 starts 6 tds 8 ints 1854 yards(206 yards per game) 144/209 (68.89%, 8.87 ypa) in a full season of his play off games he’d be on track for 12 tds 16 picks 3707 yards

4 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

Flat out wrong. I broke down Zack’s play off stats as a bomber after last years gc loss, I dug them back out for this. More picks than tds, barely 200 yards per game, more 2 and outs than tds and big plays combined. 19 our run game blew out Hamilton, 21 our D won the day. The last two we’ve had the ball in Zachs hands with a chance to win and came up short. That isn’t game management, it’s just poor play. The funny thing is, Zachs stats this year are going to be similar to his play off numbers here, but worse. Has he been in game manager mode all year? 

9 starts 6 tds 8 ints 1854 yards(206 yards per game) 144/209 (68.89%, 8.87 ypa) in a full season of his play off games he’d be on track for 12 tds 16 picks 3707 yards

Stats and a buck fifty won't buy you a cup of coffee. Just saying. You can trot out all the stats you want but when it comes to playoff football you can toss most of them out the window. Usually comes down to which team wants it more, and in November it's generally ugly football that wins.