2024 Banjo Bowl Talk

Nolby

2 hours ago, Booch said:

242 of 374...for 65%

2698 yards 18 TD's and 19 Int's

Rushed for 1167 yards and 22 TD's

That's Strevs stats up to 2024...which included 11 starts....6 td's on the ground as the starter and not the short yardage guy

Then 4 yrs in the NFL where everyone saw in a couple pre-seasons what he did....one game with no reps even all week leading up to it...and also took snaps and generated plays in regular season games

To say that he cannot throw...run a play book or be a more than serviceable QB if actually used to his strengths is ludicrous...Doesn't turn 30 until Jan....so has at least 5 to 6 yr in him if not abused like we are abusing him here

Don't know what our coaches are smoking...or if they just not capable of creating a game plan for anyone other than ZC....Or why they don't let Strev use the playbook that he knows....and you know he knows all the plays in it as it's his job....but man what a waste of talent

nailed it. 
Our coaches favourite concept to run is handicapping the team. Not joking even a little. 
 In this case I think buck is really incapable of game planning around QBs, or defenses. 

33 minutes ago, Sard said:

Just a fine?  That's disappointing.

Complete freaking joke. Took till Thursday too lol. Surprising that wade hasn’t been fined yet. I bet he gets it tomorrow, they probably waiting to fine wade till after the hit. 

7 minutes ago, BomberBall. said:

Bryant taking a step back really sucks.  I wonder what’s going on with him?  Get better big guy.

Dehydration can really mess you up. Could’ve pulled some thing, or some thing pulled might not be recovering because of it. You can get concussions really easy when dehydrated too. It’s scary stuff, seen some awful side effects from fighters cutting weight. 
 Wonder if they are keeping him on an iv and actively keeping him hydrated. Critically dehydrating can leave you getting dehydrated for days after. 

7 minutes ago, Booch said:

So...is this an indication we adding a db instead of dl guy where we had no pressure last game...and are also removing Hubert???

Not a big fan of bridges. Hubert off sucks but if we continue to use schmeckel in heavy set he can’t really come off and 3 ni dl with little Production is tough. No kr move is strange. I really hope they don’t intend to put holm on it again. Honestly I don’t see why you’d even put holm on it over ford. 

Bowers just such a strange move to bring in. 

47 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

Not a big fan of bridges. Hubert off sucks but if we continue to use schmeckel in heavy set he can’t really come off and 3 ni dl with little Production is tough. No kr move is strange. I really hope they don’t intend to put holm on it again. Honestly I don’t see why you’d even put holm on it over ford. 

Bowers just such a strange move to bring in. 

23 minutes ago, Jpan85 said:

Doesn’t Bridges also return?

Yeah I was thinking maybe he on for Lucky if he can't go and Adams will be for Biggie

Maybe this also opens door up for Griffen as well to see more of a role..as he been stellar and can cover multiple positions and schemes.

If Adams is on and Hubert off in lieu of MCI I like that switch as MCI has way more use and was good on teams

I fully expect our oline to be the starters from game 1 with Randolph and Eli both as subs

25 minutes ago, M.O.A.B. said:

7 DL - Jefferson, Thomas/Schmekel, Woods/Adams, Garbutt/Haba

Maybe one of the DBs will be the returner? Who will that be? Maybe Ford? 

Thus far Adams is still on the pr but I sure hope they get him off it. 
 Don’t think bridges has return xp. But they could throw any one at it lack of experience stopped them before. 

39 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

Thus far Adams is still on the pr but I sure hope they get him off it. 
 Don’t think bridges has return xp. But they could throw any one at it lack of experience stopped them before. 

Devin Adams on the PR is a goddamned travesty.  Fast, powerful, smart and most of all effective.  Want to run a 30 front and not get picked apart? How about letting Adams dent the pocket and not hang your secondary out to dry… ffs 🤦🏻‍♂️

3 minutes ago, BigBlueFanatic said:

Devin Adams on the PR is a goddamned travesty.  Fast, powerful, smart and most of all effective.  Want to run a 30 front and not get picked apart? How about letting Adams dent the pocket and not hang your secondary out to dry… ffs 🤦🏻‍♂️

Yep. He has game changing burst and versatility. Woods + Adams with one on the nose and any other end is easy success on the front. I’d love to see Lawson on the nose and woods + Adams out side once Lawson is 100%. That line would be mash city. Throw in Willy as a jack some and you have about as scary a 4 man rush as it gets. 

10 minutes ago, BigBlueFanatic said:

We all here are obviously failing to appreciate the brilliant tactics of our coach(es). Duh.

1 hour ago, WinnipegGordo said:

Why was Nick Hallett on defence so much last game? Who was he replacing? 

We were running cover3 with him coming in for the wil. It’s a look we’ve shown some through out the year.

The drop 9 coverage we use subs the wil for a db who plays weak side mid field wall, which is griffin who has been excellent in that usage. (This is the same concept as the Vic fangio cover 6, which is a cover 2 but flipped so the 4 dbs cover deep quarters and the lber/nikel play medium depth zones.)
 So we must’ve not liked that match up / wanted to focus on taking the deep ball away more with the extra deep man instead of an extra man on the medium wil area. 
 This would likely come down to wr splits and the seams the riders choose to attack. normally in the drop 9 we’d play 
That said, we would’ve been much better off with griffin in, in either role. When it’s a 2 by 3 wr spread we often play that split field zone with 4 dbs boxing the 3 in match zone and the 2 by side is more like man with one guy taking deep the other taking medium to side line. Then you get help over the top from the S if it goes to the deep middle and the wil/nickel if it’s medium and over the middle. 
 Defending routes that cross and rub a lot, that spread far apart or start really bunched up, use motion to try and make the switches hard, splits like 4 by 1, and 3 by 3 are harder to use this coverage on. 
 We used to use that iowa state type 3 deep safety look with Hallett, ba, and one hb more, but he sure struggled in it. Even though he was the mid field guy who has the least ground to cover. 

16 hours ago, Dr Zaius said:

Celebrating a loss. Classic Saskatchewan bush league media. 

that sounds about right... the first 4 team website headlines after losing the game last weekend were... "Roughriders open Sept with game to remember"... "Roughriders Micah Johnson excelled at new line of work"... "Offensive Line Shines Despite Inordinate amount of injuries" (this one is likely to confuse the fan base since inordinate is more than 4 letters)... and yesterday there was something about Harris setting a milestone ranking him among rider greats but it seems to be removed now...

There's celebrating mediocrity... then there's the riders...