2024 Banjo Bowl Talk

Nolby

15 minutes ago, M.O.A.B. said:

Apparently, LB Cole and RB/FB Chris-Ike are also back practicing. 

Could we put Cole (if he's back) at WIL and Jones at MACK ? 

we could...and we prob should....but we won't...not the Osh way...he gonna still be Osh'in even when he has a full compliment of players to choose from

40 minutes ago, Booch said:

they can renegotiate....basically leave the 250k gauranteed as his salry for 2025....move the rest to this yr...or majority of it. He's out no money per say...just gets an"advance" for 2025

With the SMS savings due to injury this would be a great strategy to allow them to load up hard in FA this coming offseason. 

2 hours ago, JCon said:

I don't understand this. So, you think a team would trade for him and then sit him if he didn't renegotiate? 

No, they make it clear to the player and his agent before the trade this is what needs to happen if he is to join their team.  Haven't seen a player contract yet a CFL team has not been willing to rip up and reconfigure more to their liking.

2 hours ago, Atomic said:

Good to see Brian Cole healthy again

Boy I hope he’s 100 or close to it. Having him off the bench again and on teams would be huge. 

2 hours ago, Pete Catan's Ghost said:

….so said everyone about Fajardo

I don’t agree the knock on fajardo was consistency, it was being bad in the clutch and predictable with limited ability to throw to parts of the field. 

2 hours ago, Bigblue204 said:

Yes, both VA and Trevor harris have had to find new teams coming off one of their worst years ever and having turned 37? 
Last year...I could understand an argument that someone would want Zach. Next season...I think that list will be limited to WPG.

a qb is never all out of options in the cfl. They can always find a team. 

1 hour ago, Booch said:

they can renegotiate....basically leave the 250k gauranteed as his salry for 2025....move the rest to this yr...or majority of it. He's out no money per say...just gets an"advance" for 2025

right you can just push around guaranteed cash, which wouldn’t help a new team unless we did his deal ate all the hit then sent him away. Which I’m sure they have to lock mos in his office with no phone or net lol

1 hour ago, JohnnyAbonny said:

With the SMS savings due to injury this would be a great strategy to allow them to load up hard in FA this coming offseason. 

The savings aren’t as huge as you’d like, since a lot was bonus money heavy. But we could give him the cash in appearance money lol

1 hour ago, Booch said:

we could...and we prob should....but we won't...not the Osh way...he gonna still be Osh'in even when he has a full compliment of players to choose from

I think it has a chance of happening. They love Cole and if biggie is out it probably happens. We used Cole in the dime/wil spot a lot before he was hurt. 

3 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

a qb is never all out of options in the cfl. They can always find a team. 

Sure, but the discussion revolved around whether a team would be willing to pick up his current contract instead of waiting for him to be cut if the bombers some how landed VA. 

I have a hard time seeing anyone starting Collaros (outside of wpg) next year assuming nothing changes. I have a harder time seeing him as a backup with his current price tag.

53 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

Sure, but the discussion revolved around whether a team would be willing to pick up his current contract instead of waiting for him to be cut if the bombers some how landed VA. 

I have a hard time seeing anyone starting Collaros (outside of wpg) next year assuming nothing changes. I have a harder time seeing him as a backup with his current price tag.

At this point, not good. But, once the best available qb on the market is gone in the off season any thing is in play. Unless some one gets hurt. I mean we did pick up zach off the scrap pile in the same way and Toronto picked him up from ssk too on a big deal no one though was playable. 
 I wouldn’t. 

1 hour ago, Bigblue204 said:

I think you misinterpreted my comment, it's up to the trading partner to renegotiate Zach's contract before accepting the terms of the trade, if he disagrees to renegotiate, it's unlikely he plays football anywhere and eventually gets cut. This would be the worst case scenario for the Bombers as they would have to honour his current contract if there were no takers.

5 minutes ago, IC Khari said:

Guess the depth chart isn’t available today. Hopefully tomorrow …

that-would-be-great-office-space.gif

Tomorrow for sure. 

8 hours ago, WinnipegGordo said:

Only Bombers transaction on Weds was Lucky Ogbevoen moving from the 6 game to the practice roster.

man I’m a bit surprised we haven’t seen more shuffling or bringing guys in. Aside from the fact that Adam’s, wheatfall and one of case/smith should be on, it’s pretty ugly. 

We really need to look at some des, tackles (not guards), lbers, maybe a returner and punter. 

So far this year habba and garbutt have combined for 11 games 13 tackles and 1 sack. Pressures? No lol not really. Hubert alone in 8 games has 8 tackles despite dropping off a cliff along with his reps the last month. Woods in 11 games has 14 tackles and 2 sacks as our rotational nose lol. Adam’s has had 3-4 stints on the pr, and played every spot on the dl with 14 tackles 4 sacks and a teams tackle in 10 games. The schmeckel 11 games 2 tackles lol. 
 We are burning soo many reps on the dl and failing to develop ends it’s sad. 

10 minutes ago, WinnipegGordo said:

Blink is gonna be here for the induction too right? 

14 minutes ago, WinnipegGordo said:

Demski was on Winnipeg Sports Talk yesterday. He starts at the 1hr 43 min mark.

He was either playing dumb or did not know that if they win on Saturday, it will give O'Shea the winning record.