2024 Banjo Bowl Talk

Nolby

31 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

Blink is gonna be here for the induction too right? 

Bringing my Charlie jersey in the hopes that he might be around to get it signed. Not sure he'll be in the alumni loge but hopefully he's somewhere. We all know how outgoing and jovial Blink can be.......... :)

4 minutes ago, Noeller said:

Bringing my Charlie jersey in the hopes that he might be around to get it signed. Not sure he'll be in the alumni loge but hopefully he's somewhere. We all know how outgoing and jovial Blink can be.......... :)

I would check out the back of the tailgate area, in the smoking/vaping area. Or, just head over to McDs on Pembina and he'll be there eventually.

I would hope that Younger implements a game plan to expose the Riders inexperience and lack of talent on the OL. You got Ferland the matador who literally has no experience calling the shots on the OL, and Zerr who is an absolutely awful OG so far in his career. This should be like taking candy from a baby if we stop the 3 man rush on every play nonsense.

3 minutes ago, GCn20 said:

I would hope that Younger implements a game plan to expose the Riders inexperience and lack of talent on the OL. You got Ferland the matador who literally has no experience calling the shots on the OL, and Zerr who is an absolutely awful OG so far in his career. This should be like taking candy from a baby if we stop the 3 man rush on every play nonsense.

Agreed.  It would also be nice if the refs called some holding…. Pretty sure it’s still a penalty in the CFL.  It’s the only way they keep us off of Harris.

1 hour ago, bearpants said:

Did Micah Johnson play O-line last game... I'm not sure because they didn't really talk about it on the broadcast...

I think in a pinch he can pull on an un-named 52 jersey and step in...thought I heard that

1 hour ago, JohnnyAbonny said:

Just be happy Suitor wasn’t on there, we wouldn’t have even known anyone else was on the field 

sadly...if that moron is doing Banjo bowl we will hear all about it again...several times...Suitor prob cant wait to tug up his green thong and remind us

242 of 374...for 65%

2698 yards 18 TD's and 19 Int's

Rushed for 1167 yards and 22 TD's

That's Strevs stats up to 2024...which included 11 starts....6 td's on the ground as the starter and not the short yardage guy

Then 4 yrs in the NFL where everyone saw in a couple pre-seasons what he did....one game with no reps even all week leading up to it...and also took snaps and generated plays in regular season games

To say that he cannot throw...run a play book or be a more than serviceable QB if actually used to his strengths is ludicrous...Doesn't turn 30 until Jan....so has at least 5 to 6 yr in him if not abused like we are abusing him here

Don't know what our coaches are smoking...or if they just not capable of creating a game plan for anyone other than ZC....Or why they don't let Strev use the playbook that he knows....and you know he knows all the plays in it as it's his job....but man what a waste of talent

17 minutes ago, Booch said:

242 of 374...for 65%

2698 yards 18 TD's and 19 Int's

Rushed for 1167 yards and 22 TD's

That's Strevs stats up to 2024...which included 11 starts....6 td's on the ground as the starter and not the short yardage guy

Then 4 yrs in the NFL where everyone saw in a couple pre-seasons what he did....one game with no reps even all week leading up to it...and also took snaps and generated plays in regular season games

To say that he cannot throw...run a play book or be a more than serviceable QB if actually used to his strengths is ludicrous...Doesn't turn 30 until Jan....so has at least 5 to 6 yr in him if not abused like we are abusing him here

Don't know what our coaches are smoking...or if they just not capable of creating a game plan for anyone other than ZC....Or why they don't let Strev use the playbook that he knows....and you know he knows all the plays in it as it's his job....but man what a waste of talent

This is the comment of the year so far!

4 minutes ago, Wanna-B-Fanboy said:

So you're saying it looks the same as it did 30 years ago?

Hard to believe but it's worse.  I grew up nearby & remember what it looked like back then (which was nothing special).  Now I pass it on my way to work and if the outside is any indication, I don't even want to imagine what the inside looks like!