2024 Banjo Bowl Talk

Nolby

39 minutes ago, bearpants said:

that sounds about right... the first 4 team website headlines after losing the game last weekend were... "Roughriders open Sept with game to remember"... "Roughriders Micah Johnson excelled at new line of work"... "Offensive Line Shines Despite Inordinate amount of injuries" (this one is likely to confuse the fan base since inordinate is more than 4 letters)... and yesterday there was something about Harris setting a milestone ranking him among rider greats but it seems to be removed now...

There's celebrating mediocrity... then there's the riders...

My guess is O'Day is the ghost writer. 🙂

too bad about stan....Nuef back tho will help

Add another marginal DB ..and not add arguably our best all round DT when we had zero pressure last week....what a cagey move coach...smh

for the amount of reps Vanterpool will get...and the good work Schmeck did in jumbo....another waste of the American spot really....and again..Johnson for minimal reps...and even less production....why?

and essentially 11 db's?...as kramdi is essentiallyba db...again why?

and looking at that linebacking group...man thats the weakest and most uninspiring in the league....horrible

Edited by Booch

1 minute ago, Booch said:

too bad about stan....Nuef back tho will help

Add another marginal DB ..and not add arguably our best all round DT when we had zero pressure last week....what a cagey move coach...smh

for the amount of reps Vanterpool will get...and the good work Schmeck did in jumbo....another waste of the American spot really....and again..Johnson for minimal reps...and even less production....why?

and essentially 11 db's?...as kramdi is essentiallyba db...again why?

I don't really get it unless they decided they can't get to Harris any way so they will just put million DBs in coverage. 

1 minute ago, blue85gold said:

I don't really get it unless they decided they can't get to Harris any way so they will just put million DBs in coverage. 

if you cant get to....or have no belief you can with their crap oline...something is seriously wrong with coaching...talent....or scheme....

19 minutes ago, Booch said:

if you cant get to....or have no belief you can with their crap oline...something is seriously wrong with coaching...talent....or scheme....

Ya we should be able to bust up that oline. Harris does have a quick release so he is hard to get to without taking those quick throws away.  

1 minute ago, blue85gold said:

Ya we should be able to bust up that oline. Harris does have a quick release so he is hard to get to without taking those quick throws away.  

I wouldnt say so much it;'s quick...he just throws to short routes that need minimal time to develop....all short stuff

If we were smart...we would have loaded up with dline beef...beef that actually can do something...and bring the heat right outta the gate and knock the snot right outta him....it will effect him thru the whole game after that...not sit back and let him pick us apart for 400 yards like last game

and looking at what we just rostered....that appears to be our plan again....hope the inpsired ZC shows up and goes off....cause if it's another tight game...we gonna lose this time with that same mindset

oof that is a hideous game day roster. I can't believe we are carrying 2 extra imp DBs and such a thin DL. I think thats gonna be the worst starting OL we've seen in a long time. I have no confidence in Neuf. Wish they'd flip randolph and lofton. Johnson for some reason. Back up to 10 starting canadians, but gauthier probably won't play that much. 

3 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

oof that is a hideous game day roster. I can't believe we are carrying 2 extra imp DBs and such a thin DL. I think thats gonna be the worst starting OL we've seen in a long time. I have no confidence in Neuf. Wish they'd flip randolph and lofton. Johnson for some reason. Back up to 10 starting canadians, but gauthier probably won't play that much. 

enough to make one barf...and that line backing group...really save for save for Griffen who should be the SAM, Jones who still is essentially learning and hardly established...and possibly Ayers who has potential but is green as ****... none of the others should ever see substantial reps on defense...what a piss poor group right now...so to counter that we scale back the dline and play probably our weakest group of the season...well done!

Edited by Booch

53 minutes ago, blue85gold said:

They've been playing with 7 DB's on the field for the last 6 weeks as their base D.  I'm counting Kramdi and Griffin as DB's.  For the majority of snaps both are on the field.  If teams start playing heavier they've played two of Bighill/Jones/Gauthier but usually were playing with only one of Bighill/Jones on the field behind 40 fronts.  When they go 30 front they usually bring in another DB.

22 minutes ago, Booch said:

enough to make one barf...and that line backing group...really save for save for Griffen who should be the SAM, Jones who still is essentially learning and hardly established...and possibly Ayers who has potential but is green as ****... none of the others should ever see substantial reps on defense...what a piss poor group right now...so to counter that we scale back the dline and play probably our weakest group of the season...well done!

So we'll probably win 55-3 then.

Edited by JuranBoldenRules

8 minutes ago, Arnold_Palmer said:

This takes the cake. This actually might be the worst use of game day management I’ve ever seen. At least with injuries you could excuse some of it previously but yeah this is bad. 

I'd like another DL.  And if we're dressing the number we are, Haba wouldn't be on my roster.

But this is probably the healthiest roster they've fielded in awhile aside from Whitehead who is a bit of a concern.

I think we can read into dressing Bridges over Adams into what their game plan is a little bit.

They like to go heavy on O so having the 7 OL back could be a big difference in getting the run game going.  Have to assume Sask is going to be a bit more concerned about defending vertical after last week but Mace hasn't adjusted all year so maybe not.

4 minutes ago, MrFreakzilla said:

Vanterpool shouldn't be dressed as a 7th lineman. If he's starting or as 6th, those are the only ways he should be on the roster. And why is the invisible man (Johnson) still in the lineup? With all of the complaining about roster management, in my opinion that's the absolute worst. 

I just don’t see what they see in Johnson. When you have a tall deep threat like Wheatfall ready to go. A guy that had a 100 yard gsme and was developing chemistry with Zach. It’s so obvious Zach doesn’t trust Johnson they always try to game plan to get him involved early but when it’s crunch time the ball is never thrown his way. 

Looks like the Bombers is focusing on limiting Harris's production thru the air. That's why we are carrying more DBs than normal. 

Now, Rider's can throw a wrench by utilizing Patterson and their run game against our tired DL and our weak LB line. 

14 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

I'd like another DL.  And if we're dressing the number we are, Haba wouldn't be on my roster.

But this is probably the healthiest roster they've fielded in awhile aside from Whitehead who is a bit of a concern.

I think we can read into dressing Bridges over Adams into what their game plan is a little bit.

They like to go heavy on O so having the 7 OL back could be a big difference in getting the run game going.  Have to assume Sask is going to be a bit more concerned about defending vertical after last week but Mace hasn't adjusted all year so maybe not.

Swapping Habba and Adams makes a big improvement in the front. 
 I doubt neuf or lucky are 100% though, we probably still have a lot of walking wounded. Which isn’t a huge surprise for an old team this time of year.