2024 Banjo Bowl Talk

Nolby

Unless Neufeld returns to his 2023 form (where he was largely dependable) then I'm not entirely sure that him returning is a positive thing. 

I said it earlier in this thread: the tandem of Neufeld and Lofton were abysmal to start the year.  It was only after Neufeld went down, and Randolph was inserted into the lineup, that things started to smooth out.  I'll reserve judgement until I see him play but, to date, 2024 Neufeld has not looked good in any way shape or form.

I too would dress another DL, but in the "pressure vs coverage" debate all DCs must face it seems pretty clear what Younger prefers. Defense wasn't very good last week but also got handed a tough script once Collaros was out. Overall still think Younger has them on track now. 

I feel like this roster plays into the Riders strengths….  Heavy on the Oline to try and run the ball into their Dline… The strength of their defense.  Thin on our Dline, that created no pressure last week, giving Harris all kinds of time…. Playing to his strength.

I hope I’m wrong, but this looks terrible.

Any chance Ayers actually gets some D reps?

Edited by BomberBall.

3 hours ago, Fatty Liver said:

Good, that info. should be included on every depth chart published not just some.

Agreed. On their "Starting Lineup" social media posts they don't include the changes whereas in the older style depth charts (PDF and then image) they do. I wish they'd include the changes on both since they more actively share the Starting Lineup images

6 hours ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

I'd like another DL.  And if we're dressing the number we are, Haba wouldn't be on my roster.

But this is probably the healthiest roster they've fielded in awhile aside from Whitehead who is a bit of a concern.

I think we can read into dressing Bridges over Adams into what their game plan is a little bit.

They like to go heavy on O so having the 7 OL back could be a big difference in getting the run game going.  Have to assume Sask is going to be a bit more concerned about defending vertical after last week but Mace hasn't adjusted all year so maybe not.

Haba is a curious case. Last year he looked like another James "Quick" Parker, but then he got injured and hasn't been close to that level of performance since. Easily replaceable now.

3 hours ago, Tracker said:

Haba is a curious case. Last year he looked like another James "Quick" Parker, but then he got injured and hasn't been close to that level of performance since. Easily replaceable now.

When?  He’s always been the very model of a guy who should have been pushed to keep his roster spot.  Haba makes the occasional play but, for the most part, he’s just there.

36 minutes ago, blue85gold said:

Any other cord cutters know how to stream CTV? I’ve got TSN streaming and Crave but I guess Bell doesn’t get enough of my money. CTV app doesn’t seem to allow live stream unless you have cable. 

Can see all CTV affiliates on Roku.  And it’s over the air so if you have a TV with digital antenna it’s free.

Would think TSN would stream the game through app.

Also CFL+ through cfl.ca

Edited by JuranBoldenRules

31 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

Can see all CTV affiliates on Roku.  And it’s over the air so if you have a TV with digital antenna it’s free.

Would think TSN would stream the game through app.

Also CFL+ through cfl.ca

Thanks JBR. I think I’ve got a digital antenna somewhere, I’ll have to dig it out. 

Doesnt look like the TSN app will show it and CFL+ is just for international viewers so I’d need to sort out a vpn too 

Edited by blue85gold
Additional info

You can watch the digitally enhanced version on TSN+ today. 

If you have TSN subscription (direct through TSN), it's included. If you only have it through cable, you must pay for a TSN+ subscription. 

4 hours ago, blue85gold said:

Thanks JBR. I think I’ve got a digital antenna somewhere, I’ll have to dig it out. 

Doesnt look like the TSN app will show it and CFL+ is just for international viewers so I’d need to sort out a vpn too 

CFL+ and a VPN, you can sign up for Nord VPN 30 day free trial, it's legit. Takes about 30 minutes to download and sort it all out.  Norway has worked well for me in the past but there are hundreds of choices.

https://nordvpn.com/risk-free-vpn/?srsltid=AfmBOooHXnmKBRjrFzITYulijgXBbjz3mol8Bo96gIdZePCnK9SMm7FW

5 hours ago, JCon said:

You can watch the digitally enhanced version on TSN+ today. 

If you have TSN subscription (direct through TSN), it's included. If you only have it through cable, you must pay for a TSN+ subscription. 

Awesome thanks! Didn’t know that. Working for me.