The 30, and the (d)evolution of our front scheme.

16 minutes ago, bearpants said:

I think you could make a case for Terrell Bonds... that guy has been lights out this year... how do we know he's been good?... he is NEVER mentioned during a game... teams simply don't throw at him.... Ford is having a great year and the stats back it up... but there's a reason quarterbacks challenge Ford much more than they challenge Bonds...

Yrah Bonds has been real good

34 minutes ago, bearpants said:

I think you could make a case for Terrell Bonds... that guy has been lights out this year... how do we know he's been good?... he is NEVER mentioned during a game... teams simply don't throw at him.... Ford is having a great year and the stats back it up... but there's a reason quarterbacks challenge Ford much more than they challenge Bonds...

Griffin and Nichols have been excellent too. Ford makes the picks and is damn good, but Nichols is shut down and the best tackler on our D. Easily the best at filling a gap and making stops on backs from our lbers and dbs. 

35 minutes ago, bearpants said:

Clamp-down DB's just doing their job.

2 hours ago, Arnold_Palmer said:

Bonds is absolutely the star, you never hear his name because the receiver is never making plays in front of him. He’s absolutely the definition of shut down DB. Nichols and Ford are great but even they occasionally get burnt. Bonds just quietly does his job. He’s so good. 

Bonds is excellent but Nichols is better, bonds benefits from playing next to nichol. The half almost never benefits from the corner. And it’s doubly true in our system. The half is the one making tough switches. The corner just maintains leverage over his area while sandwiching with the side line. 
 It’s also worth noting that bonds hands are shakey even for a db. If he’d caught all the balls that hit him in the hands he’d lead the league in picks. Ford and Nichols are out making catches like wrs. 

8 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

I would expect the Bombers are preparing for the upcoming off season where as we are Grey Cup hosts in 2025 to aggrssively upgrade our team on both sides of the ball on the LOS & at LB. As well as punt & KO return on ST's. We may see turnover at the qb position. If not QB1 then QB2. 

It's an ongoing process that can take years, I don't think there is a track record of teams successfully winning the GC in the year they host by overspending and making mass change in one season.  Building a very good team takes time and usually can't be rushed.

2 minutes ago, HardCoreBlue said:

Teacher coming in hot. 🙂

Got some alliteration going on...

3 minutes ago, Fatty Liver said:

It's an ongoing process that can take years, I don't think there is a track record of teams successfully winning the GC in the year they host by overspending and making mass change in one season.  Building a very good team takes time and usually can't be rushed.

And we DO NOT have a bad team. It's mostly just more parity in the league as a whole, imo

16 minutes ago, Mark H. said:

Got some alliteration going on...

And we DO NOT have a bad team. It's mostly just more parity in the league as a whole, imo

Just commenting on the general thought process that it is viable method. I think Hamilton tried last season bringing in BLM and it appears BC is doing the same this year, maybe they'll succeed.   More interested in seeing the Bombers right their ship and flying full sail this season than what their plans are for next year, cause it's all connected.

Edited by Fatty Liver

We still have a good team.  The D is still an elite D. Sergio still one of the top kickers in the league. Sheahan is what he is. Our O tho has struggled big time. The D has given up 274 points in 13 games… “best” is montreal at 269 points but they have played one less game. Our O tho has scored 295 points in 13 games. Only other team less than 300 is Calgary and if they put up 20 or a bit less even this weekend ,we are last as once again they have played 1 less game.   Our O sucks. It appears we are the worst points producing O in the league and that’s including McCheese

Edited by Goalie

43 minutes ago, Arnold_Palmer said:

If Holm is your worst DB you have an outstanding secondary. 

I used to rag on him last yr...havnt this yr but he seems to have regressed a bit

Overall tho we have a strong group..I think also coincides to BA getting his game back and playing more a safety role...tho that one play last game was fugly lol

Griffen too has been a huge reason..arguably one of our best most consistent guys over all this yr as well 

4 minutes ago, Booch said:

I used to rag on him last yr...havnt this yr but he seems to have regressed a bit

Overall tho we have a strong group..I think also coincides to BA getting his game back and playing more a safety role...tho that one play last game was fugly lol

Griffen too has been a huge reason..arguably one of our best most consistent guys over all this yr as well 

BA is looking better but ya you still don't want him isolated in coverage. 

Agree on Griffin, he's been great.

1 hour ago, JohnnyAbonny said:

Griffen is another under the radar, Nick Taylor type signing.
Walters and the front office have been in a relative rough patch but Griffen and Jones were huge pickups. 

yup...ho Griffen was more a recruit thing brought in prior to TC as opposed to a mid season grab....but a nice signing none the less

Would have loved to see him and Thomas flanking a stud MLB....Actually those 2 would have prob made life easier for Biggie.

Still don't know what the Coach's didn't like in Thomas...I think he was basically a victim of the mindset of TC that regardless of who stepped up...or impressed in camp that Wilson....Biggie...Kramdi...J.Thomas were already decided starters and that was that...which is pretty sad

1 hour ago, Atomic said:

I would take this secondary over the Swaggerville secondary in 2011 and I never thought I'd say that. Those first 8 games in 2011 were the most fun I ever had at Canad Inns stadium

That Aug/2011 home game against Edmonton is for sure top 5 at the old stadium for me. 

1 hour ago, Atomic said:

I would take this secondary over the Swaggerville secondary in 2011 and I never thought I'd say that. Those first 8 games in 2011 were the most fun I ever had at Canad Inns stadium

I loved Swaggerville. It was fun. But, the quiet assassin is even better. 

1 hour ago, Booch said:

yup...ho Griffen was more a recruit thing brought in prior to TC as opposed to a mid season grab....but a nice signing none the less

Would have loved to see him and Thomas flanking a stud MLB....Actually those 2 would have prob made life easier for Biggie.

Still don't know what the Coach's didn't like in Thomas...I think he was basically a victim of the mindset of TC that regardless of who stepped up...or impressed in camp that Wilson....Biggie...Kramdi...J.Thomas were already decided starters and that was that...which is pretty sad

Oh yeah right. For some reason I thought they brought him in after preseason. 

29 minutes ago, Noeller said:

As much fun as we all had with Swaggerville, I'm not sure it's in the same realm as some of the defences we've seen in the last 5 years. 

Overall, yes. The effectiveness of the defence as a whole is dramatically reduced by our D-line and linebackers who just cannot pressure the opposing QBs and RBs.