The 30, and the (d)evolution of our front scheme.

2 hours ago, Atomic said:

I would take this secondary over the Swaggerville secondary in 2011 and I never thought I'd say that. Those first 8 games in 2011 were the most fun I ever had at Canad Inns stadium

For my money that one is more star studded and idk if they could play this scheme. This unit is a much deeper more group oriented D. 
 If we keep these young guys around it’s gonna be insane. 

49 minutes ago, Noeller said:

As much fun as we all had with Swaggerville, I'm not sure it's in the same realm as some of the defences we've seen in the last 5 years. 

Agree 

Edited by wbbfan

1 hour ago, Tracker said:

Overall, yes. The effectiveness of the defence as a whole is dramatically reduced by our D-line and linebackers who just cannot pressure the opposing QBs and RBs.

This year maybe, but in previous years within the last 5.... Far far better than 2011.

20 hours ago, Fatty Liver said:

It's an ongoing process that can take years, I don't think there is a track record of teams successfully winning the GC in the year they host by overspending and making mass change in one season.  Building a very good team takes time and usually can't be rushed.

Mass changes... agreed... but if this offseason there is an elite pass rusher and/or offensive tackle available in FA... the Bombers would be wise to pursue both... even if it means potentially going over the cap

4 minutes ago, Mark H. said:

Current standings:

Bombers are first in points against - 274

But last in points for - 295

Guarantee it won’t stay that way between now and when the west is clinched. Either our O will come up, or our D will come down. Hopefully we start scoring tds. 

54 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

Guarantee it won’t stay that way between now and when the west is clinched. Either our O will come up, or our D will come down. Hopefully we start scoring tds. 

I wouldn't be so sure about that. With the exception of Montreal (288), all other teams have given up well over 300 points. Some are close to 400, Hamilton is over 400.

2 hours ago, Mark H. said:

I wouldn't be so sure about that. With the exception of Montreal (288), all other teams have given up well over 300 points. Some are close to 400, Hamilton is over 400.

3 teams are with in one 40 point swing, which can easily happen in 1 game on off. On D the als are with in 2 scores, and bc has an extra Game played now. That means if Mtl has one major less game, and we have a high scoring back and forth game it change pretty heavily. 
 The league also had a big scoring lull that seems to finally be breaking, plus the end of the season will likely see some teams eliminated with blow outs ensuing. Not to mention some teams could shut it down for rest. 

I don’t think we have any decent chance of winning the west and staying in the basement of scoring. And just like how defences break in the 4th quarter with out support through the Game the same happens in the final 1/3 of the season. 

Bottom line:

I would say the Bombers have a decent chance of winning at least 3 more games

Labour day is not a close game if ZC stays in - and that would not have been their first blow out

Banjo Bowl was a good example of doing what it takes to win

There are some many interesting intangibles with this team - so many different aspects that can show up in any game

Making do with a patch work OL, Brady O churning yards on check downs, Ford interceptions, certain DBs with lockdown coverage, Sergio, outstanding kick coverage, ZC hitting more shots to Lawler or Demski, etc.

The Als are trending downward, as are the Lions. Toronto and Ottawa are huge question marks.  The Elks look interesting but also quite beatable

Just my 0.02