Banjo Bowl 2024 GDT

Nolby

9 hours ago, Brandon said:

Suitor lied and said that plenty of Green jerseys were in the crowd.  Watching the game on TV,  I did not see this. 

It was easy to see that there were less Rider jerseys than years past. Suitor of course with his green goggles and green under roos can't see it though.

56 minutes ago, WinnipegGordo said:

What's crazy about the play when Strevy was hurt is Vanterpool was accessed a 25 yard penalty.

25 yard penalties arent given out that often so its laughable that this was was given for something that Vanterpool said.

10 yard penalty for objectionable conduct.

Only 25 yard penalty is disqualification.

11 minutes ago, Super Duper Negatron said:

The concourse width is the only thing about that stadium I would change. 

They should move the Rum Hut to the tailgate area connected to stadium.

Put some screens out there.  People standing there aren't watching the game anyway and in old stadium weren't either.  They'd hear something happen, watch the replay.

Fine to have that party going but creates a giant chokepoint on the already narrow concourse.

Someone had to say something, when a goon takes your qb out.....This guy took out Drew in the Ottawa game earlier in the year ....Head smacks Zack in the previous game, takes Streve out and he pleads innocent.....He's a clean player though, according to Suitor....the evidence is mounting to say different.... 'Cheap-shot artist' were the handle these types wore in my day...League has to clamp down on this bs 

25 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

10 yard penalty for objectionable conduct.

Only 25 yard penalty is disqualification.

Yeah, that's what I thought happened. But, I was looking at the stats quickly and it showed 25 yards after Vanterpool's penalty. 

Pass  2nd & 2 at WPG 48
#17 C.Streveler pass incomplete deep middle to #89 K.Lawler thrown to SSK34 broken up by #8 M.Sayles PENALTY SSK Roughing the passer (#90 M.Brown) WPG Objectionable conduct (#68 M.Vanterpool) 25 yards from WPG48 to WPG53, 1ST DOWN. NO PLAY. #17 C.Streveler injured on the play

1 minute ago, WinnipegGordo said:

Yeah, that's what I thought happened. But, I was looking at the stats quickly and it showed 25 yards after Vanterpool's penalty. 

Pass  2nd & 2 at WPG 48

#17 C.Streveler pass incomplete deep middle to #89 K.Lawler thrown to SSK34 broken up by #8 M.Sayles PENALTY SSK Roughing the passer (#90 M.Brown) WPG Objectionable conduct (#68 M.Vanterpool) 25 yards from WPG48 to WPG53, 1ST DOWN. NO PLAY. #17 C.Streveler injured on the play

Bombers ended up +5 on penalties there so just a typo.  Looks like they added the 15 from Sask penalty to the 10 from ours to get the 25 yards.

57 minutes ago, Stickem said:

Someone had to say something, when a goon takes your qb out.....This guy took out Drew in the Ottawa game earlier in the year ....Head smacks Zack in the previous game, takes Streve out and he pleads innocent.....He's a clean player though, according to Suitor....the evidence is mounting to say different.... 'Cheap-shot artist' were the handle these types wore in my day...League has to clamp down on this bs 

my experience in the game has seen many a player mask their dirty play quite well, and make seems seem "innocent" or "Unintentional" but still accomplishes the goal....Our beloved HC was one of those guys and really good at it...was a real prick to be honest on the field....and I actually applaud that and played same way...different time...different game....different player laws/code were in effect....the wild days

Brown tho....not saying he intentionally did that last game ( Tho the Brown one and the ZC were clearly intent) ....but I also can say he knew exactly what the result may have been doing it...and took his shot...he could have totally not hit him...as well if he wasn't in total control he could have avoided the wrap up with arms to hold him in place as well....and driving his full weight into a QB who couldn't move and was pinned in place...that part as total intent, and totally avoidable....but alas...he took the opportunity to do it...so that part was intentional dirtball play

43 minutes ago, Booch said:

my experience in the game has seen many a player mask their dirty play quite well, and make seems seem "innocent" or "Unintentional" but still accomplishes the goal....Our beloved HC was one of those guys and really good at it...was a real prick to be honest on the field....and I actually applaud that and played same way...different time...different game....different player laws/code were in effect....the wild days

Brown tho....not saying he intentionally did that last game ( Tho the Brown one and the ZC were clearly intent) ....but I also can say he knew exactly what the result may have been doing it...and took his shot...he could have totally not hit him...as well if he wasn't in total control he could have avoided the wrap up with arms to hold him in place as well....and driving his full weight into a QB who couldn't move and was pinned in place...that part as total intent, and totally avoidable....but alas...he took the opportunity to do it...so that part was intentional dirtball play

At its best both our lines played on the edge too. Especially the ol. The big difference is like mos they stayed disciplined enough not to cross the line. Honestly we badly miss having that edge. Both groups whine at the refs now when they have a complaint. Rather than taking it out on the guy across from them. 
 I mean the crack down on cruising hits by linemen was basically directed at us. 

The riders always have guys crossing the line. 

21 hours ago, Noeller said:

Not only was the tailgate area more jammed than usual, how about the concourse yesterday?? Any of you get caught up in that logjam?? Insanity trying to get to our seats...

Lots more folks than usual hanging out in the concourse in the North End and then making their way to the South after the game.  It was a gong show trying to get out.

If there’s anything wrong with the stadium it’s that it doesn’t empty well.  I REALLY wish they’d have built exits on the east / west sides of the building which are only used end of game.

2 hours ago, WinnipegGordo said:

Pass  2nd & 2 at WPG 48

For whatever reason the CFL's stats system adds up the total yards of penalties and handed out and writes that instead of yardage assigned to each penalty. Fairly annoying if you're trying to keep track at home.

54 minutes ago, voodoochylde said:

Lots more folks than usual hanging out in the concourse in the North End and then making their way to the South after the game.  It was a gong show trying to get out.

If there’s any game with the stadium it’s that it doesn’t empty well.  I REALLY wish they’d have built exits on the east / west sides of the building which are only used end of game.

There's actually 3 stairwells on both sides in the 200s that basically no one uses.

We go out that way and are usually the only people in them.  Also can use them to navigate to concessions and back to seats if you're in the top half of the 200s.

10 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

There's actually 3 stairwells on both sides in the 200s that basically no one uses.

We go out that way and are usually the only people in them.  Also can use them to navigate to concessions and back to seats if you're in the top half of the 200s.

I used the ramps once during the 1st season and have used the stairs ever since.

The stairs are definitely a lot quicker and they let me know how out of shape I'm in. 

30 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

Indeed. It was an easy exit from 232. 

3 hours ago, Booch said:

Our referees are soothsayers? Not!

Our refs should be trained to judge intent by the actions of the player not by guessing what's in his mind and heart… Observation of behaviour is what needs to be judged and thus the quality of the refereeing goes up.

So our issue exiting was that we wanted to get on the field after the game. Exiting to the outside from the 200s is no problem, but getting to the field from 200s was a little more difficult. 

3 hours ago, Deiter Fan said:

For those that are on the fence...does it look dirty now?

A8750409-35-B6-4-C28-BEC2-52990-A191413-

def an acl from position of foot and angle of it...maybe mcl too....and likely cartiledge...I know Strev is a bull and strong as hell....but I'd be shocked if he isn't undr the knife over the bye week...so a minimum of 10 months rcovery...tho with SDtrev he could be one those gys who do it in 8....

But so what his "head" is above the knee....his target and force was all below....dirtball