Banjo Bowl 2024 GDT

Nolby

9 minutes ago, Booch said:

def an acl from position of foot and angle of it...maybe mcl too....and likely cartiledge...I know Strev is a bull and strong as hell....but I'd be shocked if he isn't undr the knife over the bye week...so a minimum of 10 months rcovery...tho with SDtrev he could be one those gys who do it in 8....

But so what his "head" is above the knee....his target and force was all below....dirtball

Yes and why on earth would this goof Brown get the benefit of the doubt after last week.

I kind of wish that the CFL would tidy up the language in their roughing the passer

5. c

All rushing defenders must attempt to avoid forcibly hitting a passer in the pocket, at or below the knees, either if their path to the passer was unrestricted, or if they are coming off a blocker,

Vs the NFL

d. A rushing defender is prohibited from forcibly hitting in the knee area or below a passer who has one or both feet on the ground, even if the initial contact is above the knee. It is not a foul if the defender is blocked (or fouled) into the passer and has no opportunity to avoid him.

Note 1.

A defender cannot initiate a roll or lunge and forcibly hit the passer in the knee area or below, even if he is being contacted by another player.

"Even if the initial contact is above the knee" is doing a lot of heavy lifting there and is definitely within the spirit of the rule. If you hit higher up and slide/roll down it is still as potentially catastrophic as hitting directly there. You can start making the argument about being 'blocked' into it but the point of contention of "well he initiated contact above the knee!" is a bit disingenuous.

And I didn't find exiting the bowl/stadium all that bad from the 200s, what was kind of a shitshow was the Bike Valet. It was packed on Saturday and people come from both sides of the stadium and a line just kind of... coalesces near the guard rail but its not very clear. It would be useful to have some stadium staff there to assist with getting people into the line up in an orderly fashion. 

26 minutes ago, ShyGuy said:

I kind of wish that the CFL would tidy up the language in their roughing the passer

Vs the NFL

"Even if the initial contact is above the knee" is doing a lot of heavy lifting there and is definitely within the spirit of the rule. If you hit higher up and slide/roll down it is still as potentially catastrophic as hitting directly there. You can start making the argument about being 'blocked' into it but the point of contention of "well he initiated contact above the knee!" is a bit disingenuous.

And I didn't find exiting the bowl/stadium all that bad from the 200s, what was kind of a shitshow was the Bike Valet. It was packed on Saturday and people come from both sides of the stadium and a line just kind of... coalesces near the guard rail but its not very clear. It would be useful to have some stadium staff there to assist with getting people into the line up in an orderly fashion. 

Clearly roughing the passer in the NFL, not clearly roughing the passer in the CFL as the initial contact was in the thigh. 

I'd love to see the CFL change to the NFL rules language this off season if not sooner. 

29 minutes ago, TBURGESS said:

Clearly roughing the passer in the NFL, not clearly roughing the passer in the CFL as the initial contact was in the thigh. 

I'd love to see the CFL change to the NFL rules language this off season if not sooner. 

Agree the NFL language is clearer and should be adopted. 

CFL rule doesn't consider only initial contact though. While is head was at thigh level his chest plowed right into Strev's knee.  So pretty clear it was roughing the passer. 

1 hour ago, ShyGuy said:

Vs the NFL

Looks like a few people biked to the game.

One thing that is always a pet peeve of mine as a cyclist is people not wearing helmets and I don't see a tonne in that video. Special shout out for the people who have their kids wear a helmet but they themselves are too cool for one. It would be awesome if the Bombers took a proactive approach and if you bike to the game, and check a helmet with your bicycle they would give you a voucher for Non-Alcoholic drink like they do for the Designated Driver program

7 hours ago, ShyGuy said:

One thing that is always a pet peeve of mine as a cyclist is people not wearing helmets and I don't see a tonne in that video. Special shout out for the people who have their kids wear a helmet but they themselves are too cool for one. It would be awesome if the Bombers took a proactive approach and if you bike to the game, and check a helmet with your bicycle they would give you a voucher for Non-Alcoholic drink like they do for the Designated Driver program

Speaking as someone who didn’t wear a helmet as a kid and got hit by a car in grade 6, your idea is a great one. Helmets are important. 

Rewatching a bit tonight, I missed most of the first half for my kids birthday party. 

5 minutes in and I’m already irritated at the commentary. I can’t express how much better the LDC was to watch with Lapo doing CC.

Also, outside of a west final I’m not sure I’ve ever heard the stadium that loud on TV. Truly impressive. Props to all those who were there, big time. 

10 hours ago, JohnnyAbonny said:

Rewatching a bit tonight, I missed most of the first half for my kids birthday party. 

5 minutes in and I’m already irritated at the commentary. I can’t express how much better the LDC was to watch with Lapo doing CC.

Also, outside of a west final I’m not sure I’ve ever heard the stadium that loud on TV. Truly impressive. Props to all those who were there, big time. 

It was one of the loudest non playoff games I’ve ever been too. Also I’ve never seen such few green jerseys at the banjo bowl. Seems to be getting less and less every year. 

51 minutes ago, Arnold_Palmer said:

It was one of the loudest non playoff games I’ve ever been too. Also I’ve never seen such few green jerseys at the banjo bowl. Seems to be getting less and less every year. 

And, I have never heard Mosaic so quiet for Labour Day. It was as dead as a gopher on a highway. 

11 hours ago, JohnnyAbonny said:

YES.....even though Lapo is not as "polished" he is so much better than Suitor.....

1 hour ago, 3rdand1.5 said:

YES.....even though Lapo is not as "polished" he is so much better than Suitor.....

There was one instance where suitor was blathering on about how Thurman was having to watch Oliveira on the short passes and that leaves room for someone else blah blah blah here's the replay.... except the replay clearly shows him watching the receiver never looking at Oliveira... but does suitor realize his mistake? Nope. Just double down on the talking point. Dude can't go off script and usually the script for tsn sucks.