3 stars plus hh bjb sweep first place defended

11 hours ago, Mark H. said:

1. Ford. Big plays win games - he makes them. Noticed Harris overthrew that particular route, several times

2. Brady O. Brady is 3/4 of our O. Excellent results with check downs today.

3. Willy J. Came to play. Was getting mugged and still made a difference

HH: ZC. He is getting it done

HH #2: wife and I have a winning streak when we attend games. This one needed all 3 phases

#forthew

If we would dress another dline guy who requires attention other than WJ and Wooda "couch cough Adams" and parked a couple others for minimal reps...hi there Canadian DT's rhen wj and whoever is opposite him would feast...maybe before ayoffa we will grasp that

16 hours ago, kelownabomberfan said:

Ford - can we now go get his twin bro as our QB of the future?

This would be a very interesting move......I'm sure he'd luv to qb the bluengold but I think he's tied to the Elks ...IF he gets tired of playing second fiddle , just maybe he takes a look in fa

3 hours ago, bearpants said:

HH - remember when the riders were 5-1?… yeah, me neither 

remember when they were relevant...and respected?..yeah...me either

1 hour ago, Stickem said:

This would be a very interesting move......I'm sure he'd luv to qb the bluengold but I think he's tied to the Elks ...IF he gets tired of playing second fiddle , just maybe he takes a look in fa

tied how?...he a free agent...and if Strev needs surgery to repair his knee....he will be out till at least this time next yr.....so Ford could become the ultimate change of pace QB 2 here ....with a team vying for the Cup...at home....and you all know damn well that Wade will pull out all the stops to get er done...if that means paying a SMS penalty....or using a nice tidy amount in the marketing det...as we can well afford it....he will

2 hours ago, Booch said:

remember when they were relevant...and respected?..yeah...me either

tied how?...he a free agent...and if Strev needs surgery to repair his knee....he will be out till at least this time next yr.....so Ford could become the ultimate change of pace QB 2 here ....with a team vying for the Cup...at home....and you all know damn well that Wade will pull out all the stops to get er done...if that means paying a SMS penalty....or using a nice tidy amount in the marketing det...as we can well afford it....he will

Thought the Elks re-signed him for 2 years....if I'm wrong...definitely go after the kid....Wade has ways to get er done for sure....It would be a great idea to have two Fords in our house....Tre is reminding me a bit of Tommy Clements and has a ton of upside

Just now, Stickem said:

Thought the Elks re-signed him for 2 years....if I'm wrong...definitely go after the kid....Wade has ways to get er done for sure....It would be a great idea to have two Fords in our house....Tre is reminding me a bit of Tommy Clements and has a ton of upside

yeah I dont know...did they?....if not...I'd target him...use Bro as a part of it

10 minutes ago, Booch said:

yeah I dont know...did they?....if not...I'd target him...use Bro as a part of it

I feel like ford could be had for a reasonable price in season either way. 
 Tre has a high floor as a strev package type of guy and could provide value in other roles with his athleticism.  

On 2024-09-07 at 5:26 PM, HardCoreBlue said:

Now that I think about it, maybe it’s a sly way of protecting the QB’s across the league.

I doubt that the CFL execs have directed the officials to do such. If anything, maybe this is the refs way of evening things out. I would like to rename the executive's names to imitate ostriches. This is how they cope not with difficulty but with self-delusion as they maintain the status quo. These guys occupy positions of status, not a history of effectiveness and courage.
So let's just say the CFL Ostriches and save ourselves a lot of bad breath.

1 minute ago, BigBlue said:

I doubt that the CFL execs have directed the officials to do such. If anything, maybe this is the refs way of evening things out. I would like to rename the executive's names to imitate ostriches. This is how they cope not with difficulty but with self-delusion as they maintain the status quo. These guys occupy positions of status, not a history of effectiveness and courage.
So let's just say the CFL Ostriches and save ourselves a lot of bad breath.

Keep in mind, it is well documented that the nba and mlb have done this multiple times combined. 

I do not think any one would tell the refs to just not call holding etc. but I could see telling them to only call “obvious, severe” cases of it. Holding etc is one of the least enforced rule sets in the cfl, along with opi. Meanwhile illegal blocks are called at probably a 1/3 rate on kick returns. Far more than on OLs. 

I think the main issues are 1 incompetence, and 2 less effective/experiences refs. You see awful spots with great regularity in every game, and even the command centre struggles to get calls right on review. We’ve seen a lot of the old guard retire and the next guys up just aren’t very good. They struggle to call games moderately consistently half of half.  

We’ve seen the league crack down on dpi a few years ago to try to improve performance. It got to the point we had the most ticky tack Hail Mary reviews lead to changes. Plus the only reason they moved the hash marks was to try to increase scoring. The league would 100% so stuff like this with holding just for that reason. 

31 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

Keep in mind, it is well documented that the nba and mlb have done this multiple times combined. 

I do not think any one would tell the refs to just not call holding etc. but I could see telling them to only call “obvious, severe” cases of it. Holding etc is one of the least enforced rule sets in the cfl, along with opi. Meanwhile illegal blocks are called at probably a 1/3 rate on kick returns. Far more than on OLs. 

I think the main issues are 1 incompetence, and 2 less effective/experiences refs. You see awful spots with great regularity in every game, and even the command centre struggles to get calls right on review. We’ve seen a lot of the old guard retire and the next guys up just aren’t very good. They struggle to call games moderately consistently half of half.  

We’ve seen the league crack down on dpi a few years ago to try to improve performance. It got to the point we had the most ticky tack Hail Mary reviews lead to changes. Plus the only reason they moved the hash marks was to try to increase scoring. The league would 100% so stuff like this with holding just for that reason. 

Seems this year there are way fewer no yards penalties during punt returns. Could be my imagination, there are probably stats on the infraction, but just an observation. 

5 minutes ago, CrazyCanuck89 said:

I doubt Tre is going to sign with Winnipeg to eventually start in his 30s.

Are you kidding me? A Starting Quality CND QB is MOS wet dream. He might be the only guy who would replace zach in season!!!

On another note. I've said since last year I hope Tre moves on from Edm. They've done him no favours. If he does stay I hope he makes them pony up $$$$$$.

2 hours ago, GCJenks said:

I'm a big fan of the Criders being Winless since Week 7. Last couple of years there last win has been around Labour Day, could you imagine (and I feel possible) they go winless the rest of the year? July 19th as final win of the season???

So seriously... is there such a thing a too much schadenfreude?

3 hours ago, Bigblue204 said:

Are you kidding me? A Starting Quality CND QB is MOS wet dream. He might be the only guy who would replace zach in season!!!

On another note. I've said since last year I hope Tre moves on from Edm. They've done him no favours. If he does stay I hope he makes them pony up $$$$$$.

So far Ford has accomplished less for the Elks than James Franklin did, I'd be careful offering a wild-card QB big money.