Johnson/ Wheatfall

2 minutes ago, Thunder and Lightening said:

Anyone know if Keric Wheatfall is still injured?

Could he replace Josh Johnson?

Seems like Wheatfall is more of a deep threat, but I don’t know if he’s as good a blocker as Johnson or if he fits the role that the Bombers want.

Or if he has the correct shoelaces.

52 minutes ago, Booch said:

Is Johnson a good blocker? Tbh I havnt noticed him outside the couple plays he gets the ball

He is really really not a good blocker. Not even a high effort blocker. Couple times last night he jogged and half assed it costing us yards but not firsts. 

Wheatfall has been a full participant for a few weeks iirc. Not making the change is really foolish. Lucky is better too. 

2 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

He is really really not a good blocker. Not even a high effort blocker. Couple times last night he jogged and half assed it costing us yards but not firsts. 

Wheatfall has been a full participant for a few weeks iirc. Not making the change is really foolish. Lucky is better too. 

yup...Lucky plays and runs hard....last 2 games he has had key plays for us to get the 2 wins...we still aren't utilizing him tho adequately on offence...even if to just pull someone out of the box for BO or short crossers

3 minutes ago, Thunder and Lightening said:

I agree that I haven’t noticed Johnson’s blocking, just trying to understand what he offers that Wheatfall doesn’t. Hope to see him back in soon.

yup....we auditioned Johnson enough...worthy of a 2025 camp invite....time to let Wheatfall now get some games...and if he does similar to what he did....camp invite too....or pick best of the 2

We know what Mitchell offers....why he still here baffles...same with Case....We need taller lanky types...the 6'-2" thick guys...tho I think Clercius can/will be our guy

Tyrique Mcghee as well...why he still here as a 2023 holdover...got bypassed by what 3 other guys?....another wasted spot...we should have already rotated thru those 2 spots already with new blood....specifically interior dline and edge rushers to find that stud

39 minutes ago, Eternal optimist said:

Johnson is so forgettable I couldn't find a wikipedia page for him even. I would not be surprised if we are rostering him bc he used to punt in middle or something dumb like that.

I think that is why Lankford hung on as long as he did... dude was a reciever who was also terrible at punting

I wish that was good logic..haha..Admas can punt too...and apparently well....so can't be that

I think he was/is in army reserves 

17 hours ago, Booch said:

Is Johnson a good blocker? Tbh I havnt noticed him outside the couple plays he gets the ball

He was the lead blocker on one play that was a swing out pass to Wilson, We either lost a yard on that play, or it was the one that Collaros over threw, but the guy who Johnson was supposed to be blocking had pushed him back a couple of yards anyway, so it wouldn't have gone anywhere.

Lucky is putting in a great effort....returning and in the odd offensive push....We still need a dedicated returner and I'm afraid we were spoiled with Grant ...I see Janarion is inserted in the argo's schemes every once in awhile and performing quite well....Still a mystery why we didn't make an effort to bring him back...Walters brain fart

32 minutes ago, Stickem said:

Lucky is putting in a great effort....returning and in the odd offensive push....We still need a dedicated returner and I'm afraid we were spoiled with Grant ...I see Janarion is inserted in the argo's schemes every once in awhile and performing quite well....Still a mystery why we didn't make an effort to bring him back...Walters brain fart

I'd day same with Jeffcoat too...You cant assume he would gethurt.....but it doesnt seem to matter with coach fav's Biggie....Wilson...Ba...tho BA has been real good of late other than that ugly one on BB

Jeffcoat and WJ sandwiching Admas/Woods/FOx.....tasty

8 minutes ago, Booch said:

I'd day same with Jeffcoat too...You cant assume he would gethurt.....but it doesnt seem to matter with coach fav's Biggie....Wilson...Ba...tho BA has been real good of late other than that ugly one on BB

Jeffcoat and WJ sandwiching Admas/Woods/FOx.....tasty

Maybe JJ wants to unretire for the stretch run????

2 hours ago, Stickem said:

The one game he was strictly a receiver Lucky played a huge role in winning the game, as a returner he doesn't seem to have the vision to break through the coverage, can't hit what you don't see.

2 hours ago, Stickem said:

2 minutes ago, Fatty Liver said:

The one game he was strictly a receiver Lucky played a huge role in winning the game, as a returner he doesn't seem to have the vision to break through the coverage, can't hit what you don't see.

Honestly lucky isn’t the issue with our return game. He isn’t grant, not many players are. 
 Hes getting 10+ per punt which is good and better than the previous two kr this year, and the army of guys when grant was hurt. And he’s getting about 20 per ko, which is fine as well. He’s a bit behind smith on that. Mean while he’s catch it securely, and making the right decisions. 
Our return scheme is not what you would call max return. We really play for blocks and line disruption. 

1 minute ago, wbbfan said:

Honestly lucky isn’t the issue with our return game. He isn’t grant, not many players are. 
 Hes getting 10+ per punt which is good and better than the previous two kr this year, and the army of guys when grant was hurt. And he’s getting about 20 per ko, which is fine as well. He’s a bit behind smith on that. Mean while he’s catch it securely, and making the right decisions. 
Our return scheme is not what you would call max return. We really play for blocks and line disruption. 

PR

Lucky 10.9 average
Case 10.5
Smith 10.8

KR

Lucky 19.2
Case 25.2
Smith 20.6 

Not a big difference.

23 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

I've been saying too it's more scheme on returns...we arent really doing much to set up returns for whatever reason

18 minutes ago, JCon said:

PR

Lucky 10.9 average
Case 10.5
Smith 10.8

KR

Lucky 19.2
Case 25.2
Smith 20.6 

Not a big difference.

No, but he also isn’t making big mistakes. And provides value on offense. Unless we found another grant level elite kr, I don’t think it’d make a difference. 

Just now, Booch said:

I've been saying too it's more scheme on returns...we arent really doing much to set up returns for whatever reason

Yeah and if it was a regular year for no yards our return team would be doing much better. But we’ve actually done a stellar job of blocking and pressuring kicks this year too. Iirc we’ve blocked 3 punts this year for 1 td and two deep red zone starts on offence. 

yup...for what he can offer and do on offence....hping we actually use it accordingly, he really offers us nothing in the negative....He still has elite speed and is a risk to pop off from anywhere...it's gonna come....and hopefully when it really matters

Johnson tho?...easily replaced...I'd even just use Clercius there and not allocate him to who we have to have as a Canadian on the offensive side of the ball....he can still also do his role in the short and jumbo packages, and can slide Lucky out to that spot....and allows us to get Adams on the roster...or Fox...Or Brian Cole.....

9 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

No, but he also isn’t making big mistakes. And provides value on offense. Unless we found another grant level elite kr, I don’t think it’d make a difference. 

Case was clean and handled the ball really well. I thought Smith was a little uneasy catching it but fine going forward. 

I'll take Case and the potential over Lucky back there. But, you have to roster Lucky for the odd jet-sweep, I guess. 

13 minutes ago, JCon said:

Case was clean and handled the ball really well. I thought Smith was a little uneasy catching it but fine going forward. 

I'll take Case and the potential over Lucky back there. But, you have to roster Lucky for the odd jet-sweep, I guess. 

Case made the worst decisions, and lost the spot on ball handling though. He also dances and runs side ways too much especially for our scheme. 
 For me I’d take Johnson off for wheatfall and have lucky as the naturalized import, both sharing the wr spot. Then I’d change his return mate from Augustine to ford. 
 Lucky opened up a ton for us in his start, he can take the top off the D, run yac screens and do a lot off motion.  

Lucky is making the first guy miss getting his 10 yards and hitting a wall of coverage. 

Like mixing him in on O to keep the D honest. That jet sweep was nice in particular how he dove forward at the end to maximize the yardage. Could have danced around and tried to break it but decided to get what he could and set up 2nd and short to run the clock.