Johnson/ Wheatfall

1 hour ago, Brandon said:

The old "he blocks well" excuse for having an import receiver who goes invisible for games at a time.     

Like a DA fullback,,,,helluva blocker....well...so are a lot of guys...

34 minutes ago, rebusrankin said:

Did you see that catch at the end of the third? Man has not lost anything.

nope....He's who I would want on my team...in a big game...or a crucial drive...plus he does the grimy work too....and he is a great blocker

Kenny had the mental aspect of his suspension, and all the legalities and costs related of his DUI to work through, then a couple longer term injuries including broken bones. I get he is a pro, but that's a lot to go through.....He is looking like he is finally starting to get comfortable, it would not be fair to expect him to look like he did right off the hop....

On 2024-09-10 at 6:02 PM, 17to85 said:

But there was a time when you put it anywhere in his vicinity he was catching it. Now some of those don't get caught.

I havent seen any degradation in Kenny. Our passing offence sucks for multiple reasons right now. Bucks game plan, zachs limitations, mainly terrible pass pro. But also we have had a lack of depth at WR. Teams double kenny and wait for us to beat them with the filler. Im sure he isn't 100%, but if we started using him like we used to, and tossing him stuff that gave him a chance to make plays It'd happen all over again. 

5 minutes ago, JCon said:

His reception to target ratio has gone down every year. 

I mean 21-22 was nearly identical, last year he missed 1/3 and instead of being wr1 with out much support we had demski going for 1k, schoen, lawler still getting 900, drew and bailey combining for another 1k, plus brady getting 2k from the line with 500 receiving. 

20 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

I havent seen any degradation in Kenny. Our passing offence sucks for multiple reasons right now. Bucks game plan, zachs limitations, mainly terrible pass pro. But also we have had a lack of depth at WR. Teams double kenny and wait for us to beat them with the filler. Im sure he isn't 100%, but if we started using him like we used to, and tossing him stuff that gave him a chance to make plays It'd happen all over again. 

Schoen was the workhorse, Kenny is for show.

I mentioned before the season started that having three of the highest four paid receivers in the league might be a poor resource for our cap. I mentioned that I thought maybe Lawler would have to be the one to go. Quite frankly the only one that is truly worth the money is Schoen but of course he’s been injured the whole season. I suggested Lawler having to take a pay cut in 2025. Regardless there’s going to be a lot of interesting decisions regarding the make up of this roster next season. We’ve had the worst case scenario where we’ve lost Schoen and Lawler for a large portion of the season. People weren’t too happy with my assessment before the season started but I thought that something would have to give, as Zach and Brady also took up a large portion of our cap. 

5 minutes ago, Fatty Liver said:

Schoen was the workhorse, Kenny is for show.

The same kenny lawler that was our pass game in 21? The same one who nearly put up 1k in edm in 12 games then again in 12 games here? Laughable. If lawler isnt a workhorse, then there isn't one in the entire league right now.