Are we shifting the goat's horns from MOS to Buck?

5 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

That’s 3 on teams n D, vs 4 red zone passing tds. 
 You really think the offence has been the difference maker and carried us to the win streak vs the D doing? Lol ok 

historic efforts from the D. Not historic turn overs from the D. 

on the plus side historic effort is more sustainable than historic turnovers. 
Historic effort = 2021

Historic turnovers = 2017 

for me, it's not so much about taking shots and opening it up... it just feels like there is no creativity or variation to our offense... run up the gut, throw a screen, and the occasional down field pass seems to be like 90% of the offense...

I want to see the O take what they're given and adjust to expose the weaknesses of other Ds... sometimes the plays feel predictable to fans on TV or in the stands... nevermind to the opposing D   

28 minutes ago, bearpants said:

for me, it's not so much about taking shots and opening it up... it just feels like there is no creativity or variation to our offense... run up the gut, throw a screen, and the occasional down field pass seems to be like 90% of the offense...

I want to see the O take what they're given and adjust to expose the weaknesses of other Ds... sometimes the plays feel predictable to fans on TV or in the stands... nevermind to the opposing D   

Disappointed with the running options used this year but it could be with 3 new O-lineman and a few new receivers the team as a whole is not up to snuff on more complex blocking schemes yet.

1 hour ago, Fatty Liver said:

Disappointed with the running options used this year but it could be with 3 new O-lineman and a few new receivers the team as a whole is not up to snuff on more complex blocking schemes yet.

It's this... I'm confident that all the injuries and new bodies have forced us into vanilla. That's why I'm no longer in the "Collaros is toast" camp.... I'm not willing to judge just yet because he's trying to make chicken salad out of chicken turds..

I hope Stan is back, and Paddy get's healthy, Lawler is just starting to get in a groove, I believe Whitehead has more to offer, I was pleased to see him utilized a bit in the run game, Zach and Wilson are building chemistry...but we are into the final 3rd....it's hard to still be "developing"....I hope we can get over the hump on offence, we have a lot of talent and a lot of money tied into it, thus far we are not getting a solid return on investment......

I won't profess to have the answers as many smarter people than me are behind closed doors trying to figure it out...but Buck, Zach, Lawler, Demski, Brady all didn't just "lose it" .....the two things I see are Baily and Hardrick, were two fiery guys, maybe we are missing those intangibles more than we realized we would......that coupled with Zach taking more hits and pressures than he has before and the general O-line feistiness we had has toned down....

At any rate, final third, we will be rested, we have some momentum, let's all hope we get this offence to stop misfiring for the final push for first place in the West....... 

Any team coming into PAS for a home playoff game is in tough to win... with our crowd, our weather....I don't envy any team trying to pull out a win here....so let's make it tough on someone!!!!!!!

1 hour ago, 3rdand1.5 said:

I hope Stan is back, and Paddy get's healthy, Lawler is just starting to get in a groove, I believe Whitehead has more to offer, I was pleased to see him utilized a bit in the run game, Zach and Wilson are building chemistry...but we are into the final 3rd....it's hard to still be "developing"....I hope we can get over the hump on offence, we have a lot of talent and a lot of money tied into it, thus far we are not getting a solid return on investment......

I won't profess to have the answers as many smarter people than me are behind closed doors trying to figure it out...but Buck, Zach, Lawler, Demski, Brady all didn't just "lose it" .....the two things I see are Baily and Hardrick, were two fiery guys, maybe we are missing those intangibles more than we realized we would......that coupled with Zach taking more hits and pressures than he has before and the general O-line feistiness we had has toned down....

At any rate, final third, we will be rested, we have some momentum, let's all hope we get this offence to stop misfiring for the final push for first place in the West....... 

Any team coming into PAS for a home playoff game is in tough to win... with our crowd, our weather....I don't envy any team trying to pull out a win here....so let's make it tough on someone!!!!!!!

Amen brother.

2 hours ago, 3rdand1.5 said:

How wild would it be if going into the playoffs the O gets hot. Complete opposite of the last couple years. 

1 hour ago, blue85gold said:

How wild would it be if going into the playoffs the O gets hot. Complete opposite of the last couple years. 

yup...and in theGrey Cup the as yet to be determined QB2 has to step in and becomes Grey Cup MVP hahaha...wouldn't that be a trip

Jumping in late here.

I am unhappy in how Buck had been using Streveler. He allowed our 2nd string QB to be used as a battering ram on almost every play - the defences knew this and keyed on the run. Buck wasted Streveler's talent, and he was broken down, game after game. He did not let Streveler attempt to play as an actual 2 dimensional QB. If he let Streveler in for a series once a game - and let him run the O - at least the team, and the fans could have seen what Streveler was capable of.

This is 100% on Buck, and yes, our O has had bad-luck when it comes to injuries, but he needs to do better.

1 hour ago, Blue28 said:

Jumping in late here.

I am unhappy in how Buck had been using Streveler. He allowed our 2nd string QB to be used as a battering ram on almost every play - the defences knew this and keyed on the run. Buck wasted Streveler's talent, and he was broken down, game after game. He did not let Streveler attempt to play as an actual 2 dimensional QB. If he let Streveler in for a series once a game - and let him run the O - at least the team, and the fans could have seen what Streveler was capable of.

This is 100% on Buck, and yes, our O has had bad-luck when it comes to injuries, but he needs to do better.

Agreed....so moronic...and if anything would give him valuable game reps...and at same time kept defenses honest...when he came in they knew 1 of only 2 things was gonna happen...and both him and BO got pounded essentially for 11 games