FNF Argos @ Lions GDT

14 hours ago, Mr. Perfect said:

They've looked fantastic beating bad-mediocre teams.

Two against Calgary

One against Saskatchewan, Hamilton and BC.

Thing is it seems everyone (except Montreal but they’re in a world of hurt right now) is mediocre these days so hard to gauge anything, crapshoot at best on who is the front leader. 

4 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

The Lions could lose both of their qbs this off season. Adams is gone & that's a given but I don't think Rourke feels his NFL opportunities are finished. He could also leave again. Imagine that happening.

Pretty hard to imagine after watching him play last night.

Just now, Mark H. said:

Pretty hard to imagine after watching him play last night.

I hope he doesn't get a shot purely so the Lions have that contract like an anchor around their neck for a decent QB...possibly...but not a world beater 

44 minutes ago, Booch said:

I hope he doesn't get a shot purely so the Lions have that contract like an anchor around their neck for a decent QB...possibly...but not a world beater 

Rourke's body language is interesting. He shows his displeasure & disinterest all the time. He pouts on the sideline when things go bad & smirks when things are going well. He has talent but he has a ways to go to mature into a leader like Adams was until Campbell screwed him. 

8 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Rourke's body language is interesting. He shows his displeasure & disinterest all the time. He pouts on the sideline when things go bad & smirks when things are going well. He has talent but he has a ways to go to mature into a leader like Adams was until Campbell screwed him. 

He certainly did look disinterested after being pulled. I get they are competitors but great team members put their personal feelings aside and step up on the sidelines to help their replacement as well as the other teammates in any way they can. There was absolutely no energy last night. That’s not solely on NR but he didn’t help matters. 

1 minute ago, HardCoreBlue said:

He certainly did look disinterested after being pulled. I get they are competitors but great team members put their personal feelings aside and step up on the sidelines to help their replacement as well as the other teammates in any way they can. There was absolutely no energy last night. That’s not solely on NR but he didn’t help matters. 

Yeah, I've seen Adams pulled before & he's been on the sidelines clapping & cheering. I don't believe at all that it's a happy qb room right now in BC. 

7 hours ago, Super Duper Negatron said:

Adams is very good at playing the part of a supportive teammate but he overdoes it to the point of me thinking he's full of crap.

Whether it's an act or not, at least he doesn't pout or sneer like Sir Nathan Rourke does. Adams knows how to be a pro & I admire him for it. My son was a qb at Simon Fraser University. I can tell you that there were times he was very unhappy with some of the shitty coaching decisions he had to endure as a qb. But he still clapped & cheered for his brothers who were playing & trying hard to win even though his guts were torn out. He had to show he supported any decision his HC (& he had 3 of them in 3 years) made even if he didn't agree with it.  That's what a good teammate & leader does. 

Edited by SpeedFlex27

I don't want any player to be OK with being pulled. I don't want any player to pretend that they support a coaching decision that they don't. 

A good leader is honest and committed not happy to be pulled and supportive of bad decisions. 

18 minutes ago, TBURGESS said:

I don't want any player to be OK with being pulled. I don't want any player to pretend that they support a coaching decision that they don't. 

A good leader is honest and committed not happy to be pulled and supportive of bad decisions. 

You and I have different perspectives of what a great leader is.

33 minutes ago, TBURGESS said:

You want a team of players playing for themselves?

You can be pissed off and disagree with a coaches decision... while at the same time actually being a supportive team mate and understanding that the common goal is the most important thing. That's real leadership. 

What you're calling a leader, I call a yes man.

Simply parroting your boss is called following.

Leaders lead. Followers follow. Leaders aren't followers and followers aren't leaders. 

Players play for themselves and for the common goal. It's not one or the other. 

5 minutes ago, TBURGESS said:

Leaders lead. Followers follow. Leaders aren't followers and followers aren't leaders. 

There is also a time to disagree and commit so the whole team can move on.

Should anyone be happy about being benched?  No

Should you pout and come of as whiny in front of the whole team?  No

Take it up with the coach behind closed doors.  Don't let it spill over to affect any one else.  And if ultimately you can't reconcile differences with management, you leave for a better situation as soon as you can.

18 minutes ago, TBURGESS said:

Remind me never to work for you.

You are hilariously wrong. Leadership is putting yourself 2nd.

1 hour ago, TBURGESS said:

Nope. 
Great leaders know when to lead, know when to follow and know when to get the hell out of the way.