FNF Argos @ Lions GDT

1 hour ago, 17to85 said:

Remind me never to work for you.

You are hilariously wrong. Leadership is putting yourself 2nd.

Reminder... Never work for me!

You have the deadly combination of ignorance combined with arrogance.

Blindly following isn't leadership. Putting yourself 2nd is a definition of a follower. 

I want honesty in my leaders. Saying the 'right thing' when you think your leader is wrong is dishonest. Note: This doesn't mean you can't support your team. It means that you shouldn't blindly support people above you in the chain of command.

4 minutes ago, HardCoreBlue said:

Nope. 
Great leaders know when to lead, know when to follow and know when to get the hell out of the way.

Leaders sell the dream and get buy in to that dream. That's why it was the "I have a dream speech", not the "this other guy has the dream and I'mma gonna follow it" speech. 

MAGA's follow their leader blindly and make excuses for his behavior. They are committed to the team and the result, putting themselves 2nd to their great leader. Anyone who thinks that makes them leaders themselves are simply wrong about leadership.

1 hour ago, TBURGESS said:

Blindly following isn't leadership. Putting yourself 2nd is a definition of a follower. 

I want honesty in my leaders. Saying the 'right thing' when you think your leader is wrong is dishonest. Note: This doesn't mean you can't support your team. It means that you shouldn't blindly support people above you in the chain of command.

Leaders sell the dream and get buy in to that dream. That's why it was the "I have a dream speech", not the "this other guy has the dream and I'mma gonna follow it" speech. 

MAGA's follow their leader blindly and make excuses for his behavior. They are committed to the team and the result, putting themselves 2nd to their great leader. Anyone who thinks that makes them leaders themselves are simply wrong about leadership.

And yet your whole attitude is you think leaders say "I am the dream " 

Leaders put themselves 2nd to the dream. They get others to help them achieve the dream.

1 hour ago, TBURGESS said:

None of your counter addresses what I posted. I’m not sure what exactly you’re trying to say. Bringing up the ‘MAGA’s’ as a real life example to prove your point doesn’t work. It really doesn’t. In their case it really just demonstrates our lack of progress as a species.

38 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

And yet your whole attitude is you think leaders say "I am the dream " 

Leaders put themselves 2nd to the dream. They get others to help them achieve the dream.

Are you trying to provoke me yet again by purposely misreading what I'm saying or are you just that dense? 

You're confusing being a good minion with being a good leader. 

25 minutes ago, HardCoreBlue said:

None of your counter addresses what I posted. I’m not sure what exactly you’re trying to say. Bringing up the ‘MAGA’s’ as a real life example to prove your point doesn’t work. It really doesn’t. In their case it really just demonstrates our lack of progress as a species.

Leaders don't get out of the way. They lead the way. 

Leaders follow other leaders when they agree with them, not blindly. That's the whole point of my MAGA example and yes, it does show our lack of progress too. 

38 minutes ago, TBURGESS said:

Are you trying to provoke me yet again by purposely misreading what I'm saying or are you just that dense? 

You're confusing being a good minion with being a good leader

No you're the one who thinks leaders are the most important thing. You must think Donald Trump is a hell of a leader eh? He embodies everything you're saying a leader should be.

Christoph Waltz, an actor, won an academy award for his role in Inglorious Bastards. He received a standing ovation at the award ceremony. He has won an additional academy award as Dr. King Schultz. He has also been in James Bond movies and numerous other roles on screen and stage. 

Edited by Rod Black

3 hours ago, 17to85 said:

No you're the one who thinks leaders are the most important thing. You must think Donald Trump is a hell of a leader eh? He embodies everything you're saying a leader should be.

Trump is a lying sack of Cheeto dust. He isn't a good leader at all. If you actually read what I think a leader is you'd know that. He embodies everything that a leader shouldn't be.

I have my answer. It's both purposely misreading and being dense.

3 hours ago, Noeller said:

Only TBurg could just derail a thread so far with desperately needing to be right....

Nah... It's the same folks who simply have to create an argument every time I post anything.