Bombers at Elks chat

Nolby

Just now, M.O.A.B. said:

We carried 7 OL since Week1 I believe. I don't see it changing now. 

as fall is a change in weather.....so shall your roster...we have horses to not have to dress 7...7 is a pure luxury if you can do it and not scrimp elsewhere....we aren't in that situation to be scrimping anywhere...for 4 to 6 snaps a game...Schmeck or one of the Rook's can do the job

We need to expand on that and start at times sliding the TE out for a pass...nobody covers our guys cause they know exactly what we are going to do...ELI was home free for a toss and waltz into the endzone on the Lawler TD....which was really a forced throw too and lucky to been completed

Just now, wbbfan said:

If kyrie is ready use him as a naturalized imp would be huge too. This roster could vary wildly 

if only Osh would pull the bee outta his arse about that ruke and actually use it...not using it doesnt help the roster in any way

Just now, wbbfan said:

We don’t have any beefy lbers, and kyrie is the only guy who can get off a block or scrape to the run. All the rest get washed out easily. 

yup...they get washed out with Jake...mov3d right out of the direction of the play

3 minutes ago, Booch said:

as fall is a change in weather.....so shall your roster...we have horses to not have to dress 7...7 is a pure luxury if you can do it and not scrimp elsewhere....we aren't in that situation to be scrimping anywhere...for 4 to 6 snaps a game...Schmeck or one of the Rook's can do the job

We need to expand on that and start at times sliding the TE out for a pass...nobody covers our guys cause they know exactly what we are going to do...ELI was home free for a toss and waltz into the endzone on the Lawler TD....which was really a forced throw too and lucky to been completed

It’s a big difference between carrying a 7th ni ol and burning a di for the 7th ol too 

Edited by wbbfan

1 minute ago, Booch said:

if only Osh would pull the bee outta his arse about that ruke and actually use it...not using it doesnt help the roster in any way

yup...they get washed out with Jake...mov3d right out of the direction of the play

Jake especially on the nose sure makes it hard on lbers. In a 3tech with woods or Adam’s on the 1 would go a long way to helping. 

1 minute ago, Booch said:

yup...it's a waste....should have kept that global OL guy we carried for 2 yrs who never got a sniff

3 years 3 games lol. And now we have no useful globals. Rip. 

If Lucky, Woli, and Johnson are off then they'll need to add at least 1 more receiver with Wheatfall. Otherwise there would be no back up. Likely Case coming in at KR then. 

Would love to get Adams, Cole, and Kyrie back on but will be tough to find 3 other imports to take off.  Bridges for sure I would hope. 

25 minutes ago, blue85gold said:

If Lucky, Woli, and Johnson are off then they'll need to add at least 1 more receiver with Wheatfall. Otherwise there would be no back up. Likely Case coming in at KR then. 

Would love to get Adams, Cole, and Kyrie back on but will be tough to find 3 other imports to take off.  Bridges for sure I would hope. 

Agree with all that. Cole might go on for Ayer’s, di 7th ol could come off, Adam’s for bridges, case/lucky, kyrie for biggie. 

40 minutes ago, blue85gold said:

Biggie was already out for the banjo bowl, hurt during Labour Day?

I should’ve clarified it’d involve the same flip to ni lber rotating we normally use with biggie/kyrie.  

35 minutes ago, 3rdand1.5 said:

IF Lucky can't go, I don't want to risk Holm on returns. So it would make sense that Case and Augustine will be back there, IMO........but maybe that spot is better to have an extra LB on this week with Edm. run ability??

case is certainly a better option than holm or banged up lucky. Idk if Augustine can catch punts. 
extra size in the gaps is going to be key to beating Edmonton for sure. 

34 minutes ago, JCon said:

Hope it's Case. He secures the ball and puts up the same numbers as Lucky. 

not in particular a fan of case and his sideline to sideline style, but if lucky is banged up it only makes sense to Stick in case who also gives much needed depth at wr. Wheatfall for Johnson and case for lucky makes a lot of sense. I would consider starting case and having him return to flip another di to D especially if wheatfall is rusty. 

Also worth mentioning is that Murphy certainly has to draw onto the roster though. Since woli is down and clercius starts, unless mci is ready for a high volume of reps if a ni wr goes down. Which having him block is be good with. I don’t think he’s ready for offensive production though. 

2 hours ago, M.O.A.B. said:

My idea of changes for this week. 

1. 3rd QB for Streveller - I prefer Scott
  2. Bryant for Vanterpool
  3. Wheatfall for Johnson 
  4. Chris-Ike for Wolitarsky (Clercius starts)
  5. Wilson for Ayers
  6. Cole for Bridges
  7. Adams for Whitehead (roster spot)

1-4 are obvious (I think)
5-6 depends on Wilson and Cole's health
If we want to insert Adams then, we need to take out Haba which gives us only 2 guys on the edge. Although Adams can play there too. If we think, it's not good though then, Hubert should be in for Schmekel to rotate on the edge. 

There! Corrected. Thanks @Jpan85 !

Wilson has been awful since he got back from achilles injury.  I'm sure they'll find a way to get him on the roster but if it's for Jones, Ayers or Griffin it's a bad bad move.

37 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

Wilson was rounding back into form just before his latest injury IMO.

was gonna say..Wilson was looking back to 2019-2021 Wilson...he'd be key to get back in place of Biggies spot

38 minutes ago, JohnnyAbonny said:

Is Smith still hurt? I’d rather see him get another shot before Case.

I think Smith is a little more explosive as a returner, and could theoretically spell at SB or RB a la Greg MacRae 

yeah Smith is the better addition...wasn't hurt...we just made the odd switch to Case..who really offers us nothing extraordinary...dont even know why him and Mitchell are still taking up PR spots

58 minutes ago, Booch said:

was gonna say..Wilson was looking back to 2019-2021 Wilson...he'd be key to get back in place of Biggies spot

yeah Smith is the better addition...wasn't hurt...we just made the odd switch to Case..who really offers us nothing extraordinary...dont even know why him and Mitchell are still taking up PR spots

I liked Case as a WR in preseason too, just think Smith seemed a better returner, and presumably more versatile in what he can do with O reps. 

I just think we could use a spark on punt returns. Lucky’s been decent I guess, just nothing special. 

37 minutes ago, JohnnyAbonny said:

I liked Case as a WR in preseason too, just think Smith seemed a better returner, and presumably more versatile in what he can do with O reps. 

I just think we could use a spark on punt returns. Lucky’s been decent I guess, just nothing special. 

I think Lucky has been a bit of a bust to be honest.   He filled a spot when we needed it but brought absolutely nothing to the table with his play.  Essentially, he was just another guy out there that did little to differentiate himself.  

59 minutes ago, voodoochylde said:

I think Lucky has been a bit of a bust to be honest.   He filled a spot when we needed it but brought absolutely nothing to the table with his play.  Essentially, he was just another guy out there that did little to differentiate himself.  

Maybe as a KR, but he showed a lot on offense I thought. Also, as for the KR/PR... That's more about rh blocking or lack thereof because nobody has really looked good out there this year...

4 hours ago, voodoochylde said:

Having Lucky on offence seemed to open up things more for our offence. Hes been good on sweeps at critical moments and adds a lot of options. On kick returns at least hes runnong north south .

Lucky definitely needs to be incorporated more into the offence...he adds a lot and creates space for others...nobody else on our PR offers what he can...plus he has experience...which is the huge key especially if we move forward with Wilson. Wheatfall and Clercius as all rookies still...adding another.....even if just the back-up/occasional rep guy is a risky venture

Our return game is what it is based on blocking scheme...Miller has coverage locked down and tight...but as a player that was also his forte so makes sense we good there...we definitely need to adjust our return scheme tho...work in progress I guess, but as it is now Lucky secures the ball...always heads north for positive yards....and has the ability with just the tiniest seam to bust one....so that aspect is fine for now

Edited by Booch

All this for a 2 reception player per game and 2 carries for 9 yards? 

12 hours ago, Pete said:

Having Lucky on offence seemed to open up things more for our offence. Hes been good on sweeps at critical moments and adds a lot of options. On kick returns at least hes runnong north south .

Two sweeps for 9 yards.