Bombers at Elks chat

Nolby

12 hours ago, Pete said:

Having Lucky on offence seemed to open up things more for our offence. Hes been good on sweeps at critical moments and adds a lot of options. On kick returns at least hes runnong north south .

Has he?  He has two carries for 9 yards neither of which resulted in a first down.  That's not all on him - I find our offence as a whole to be stagnant but Lucky hasn't been a difference maker.   Outside of the BC game(s), he's done VERY little on offence and isn't seeing the field a tonne.

Truthfully, I'd rather have let Smith grow with the KR role and try to work him into the offence as a compliment to Brady.

6 minutes ago, voodoochylde said:

Has he?  He has two carries for 9 yards neither of which resulted in a first down.  That's not all on him - I find our offence as a whole to be stagnant but Lucky hasn't been a difference maker.   Outside of the BC game(s), he's done VERY little on offence and isn't seeing the field a tonne.

Truthfully, I'd rather have let Smith grow with the KR role and try to work him into the offence as a compliment to Brady.

but is it Lucky's fault our O/C and coaching doesnt utilize him correctly?....Srev too....For much of season even Demski....^^

Yu also have to figure in even if a player not getting the ball he doing things for others to make a play...and just thier presence alone makes a defender take notice and occupy their attention

Earlier in the yr with all the newbies....and no vets out there hardly...how did the offence look?...Like ****!

1 minute ago, Booch said:

but is it Lucky's fault our O/C and coaching doesnt utilize him correctly?....Srev too....For much of season even Demski....^^

Yu also have to figure in even if a player not getting the ball he doing things for others to make a play...and just thier presence alone makes a defender take notice and occupy their attention

Earlier in the yr with all the newbies....and no vets out there hardly...how did the offence look?...Like ****!

How is he doing that when he rarely sees the field?

Nice having Bryant and Wilson back...Like too seeing Wheatfall over Johnson....and MCI back...hope they can incorporate him a bit and help his progression

DA for an import O-line guy tho at expense of beefing up the D-Line against a running team and mobile QB...just plain poor choice

Edited by Booch

3 minutes ago, Booch said:

Nice having Bryant and Wilson back...Like to seeing Wheatfall over Johnson....

DA for an import O-line guy tho at expense of beefing up the D-Line against a running team and mobile QB...just plain poor choice

Really happy about Stanley stepping back in. The other additions are just a bonus. 

Edited by Rod Black

2 minutes ago, Noeller said:

Missing Adams on the DL is about the only real issue I have with this line up. Otherwise looking pretty good. 

Agreed.  I don’t understand not finding a way to get him in the lineup.  The D line is thin against a running team.  The starting LBs are run and hit guys, so hopefully that will help balance things, but I’m concerned with stopping the run.

2 minutes ago, Noeller said:

Missing Adams on the DL is about the only real issue I have with this line up. Otherwise looking pretty good. 

yup...thats the only real head scratcher...especially against this team

With Clercius...MCI on roster more than enough beef to run bigger packages with still having Eli as the 6th and let Schmeck who did fine as the other brute in jumbo grow into that role and be a nice multi-use guy on both lines.

And seeing as we claim Jake is the other O-line guy any way well then use him as such in the rare case you have 2 guys go down for the game...Let TSN slobber all over that story like M.Johnson

Burning a DA on an O-line man when he will prob get 6....7 snaps a game ...Basically insignificant ones instead of an impact guy on your dline who will prob get 30+ snaps...and play some teams...is about as brain numb as the whole Jackson stupidity last yr...at least he played some ST tho wasn't a standout by any means

Just now, BomberBall. said:

Agreed.  I don’t understand not finding a way to get him in the lineup.  The D line is thin against a running team.  The starting LBs are run and hit guys, so hopefully that will help balance things, but I’m concerned with stopping the run.

Wilson will help with the run defence....he can range with the best of them...Our DT's save for Woods are weak as **** tho

1 minute ago, JCon said:

Nice of Nichols to come off the 6-game before even going on. ;) 

it's a miracle hahah

2 minutes ago, Booch said:

Wilson will help with the run defence....he can range with the best of them...Our DT's save for Woods are weak as **** tho

Yup, That’s my concern.

I wonder what the conversations are like between Adams and the coaches when they tell him he’s being scratched…. Again.  He’s been productive when given a chance, but hasn’t played in weeks.  He’s got to be frustrated.

Its also likely that Randolph sees reps in place of Dobson, or Neufeld. The depth chart often seems to reflect players seniority vs actual game time

The key to our offence isnt the recievers, its giving Zac enough time to make plays. I think Elks can be beat with mid to deep passes.

28 minutes ago, Noeller said:

Di for the 7th ol, vs just 6 dl including a couple none factors is disappointing. Adam’s off and only 6dl vs the elk is a huge risk. The door is open for them to bully ball us to death. 
 Kyrie back and starting is interesting, I wonder where he’s at physically. He always seems to take a few weeks to get going. 
 Bryant back is great, I’m sure he’s good to go. 
 Idk about lucky. I feel like he’s playing too banged up guess we will see. 
glad wheatfall is finally back in 

1 minute ago, Pete said:

Its also likely that Randolph sees reps in place of Dobson, or Neufeld. The depth chart often seems to reflect players seniority vs actual game time

The key to our offence isnt the recievers, its giving Zac enough time to make plays. I think Elks can be beat with mid to deep passes.

We don’t rotate the ol. That will only happen if one gets hurt. 
 I don’t like our chances giving zach deep ball time, unless we run heavy sets to do it. Even then, he’d have to be rolling at some point. 3 seconds into any pass play kola is facing the wrong way or face down on the ground. 
 We are pretty evenly matched on the year in terms of sacks allowed and elk sacks generated. Both right in the middle. But we haven’t seen consistency much of the year in our ol line up. 
 We’ve also got the fewest big plays on offence and edm is tied with us for fewest big plays surrendered. 
It’s very likely the whole game comes down to who runs the ball better. 

20 minutes ago, WildPath said:

Did they get rid of the in/out on the depth chart this year? I swear we could tell who was on and off the roster last year without needing to think back to the last game. Fortunately it is easy to find out, but kind of annoying, especially after a bye.

In recent years, they've been posting two different versions. The plain white one, with the ins-outs and this second, more colourful, sponsored version. 

2 hours ago, voodoochylde said:

I think a lot of that is based around him doing returns. In his first couple games he was an Offensive weapon only. After that he was doing all the returns and some offense. I think it was the right choice to limit his Offensive touches as he was really the only returner on the roster and he is fragile.

If he's able to just be on Offence. He will be useful. Until then I don't expect him to be to involved.