Bombers at Elks chat

Nolby

6 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

Also worth noting that we are with out a back up ni wr. So if clercius or demski goes down we have to fundamentally change all our packages. Of course this could also have been insured against if we just used lucky as a NA, then he'd be able to go in for them for half the snaps in the game. 

Do we know for sure that they aren't designating him? Do they have to announce publicly or just to the league/refs?

3 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

There's really no "easing" an OL in. They also pretty well always start/stay with who is listed as starter on the depth chart. OL is one spot where you don't really ever see guys subbing in/out like you do in other positions.

yeah there won't be any easing...if he dressed and starting...he's good to go

33 minutes ago, Atomic said:

IN: Stanley, Wilson, Wheatfall, Michael Chris-Ike, Dolegala

OUT: Vanterpool, Johnson, Bridges, Wolitarsky, Streveler

IMO, overall a net positive: 

Stanley > Vanterpool
Wheatfall > Johnson
Wilson > Bridges
MCI < Woli
Dolegala < Strev

As others have mentioned... the only thing I'm disappointed in is not finding a way to get Adams on the roster... I feel like the DL played it's best with him in

22 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

There's really no "easing" an OL in. They also pretty well always start/stay with who is listed as starter on the depth chart. OL is one spot where you don't really ever see guys subbing in/out like you do in other positions.

Yes i get that ,not quite what i meant but it is purely speculation on my part anyway. 

37 minutes ago, blue85gold said:

Do we know for sure that they aren't designating him? Do they have to announce publicly or just to the league/refs?

Don't see the official roster sent to the league, but on that one they clearly indicate they aren't designating any one in that role. The teams and league all see the official roster, so they would only be fooling the fans, which doesn't make much sense. 

22 minutes ago, bearpants said:

IMO, overall a net positive: 

Stanley > Vanterpool
Wheatfall > Johnson
Wilson > Bridges
MCI < Woli
Dolegala < Strev

As others have mentioned... the only thing I'm disappointed in is not finding a way to get Adams on the roster... I feel like the DL played it's best with him in

Mostly I agree with that. I think MCI + clercius starting is about as good as having woli in. I love woli, but Clercius has been as good as woli as a pass catcher. Not having the back up canadian wr hurts especially if we see an injury. If not, I don't think its a big loss. 

Imo, having wilson run the short yardage and not using the very poorly designed/executed strev package is a mild upgrade as well. We don't need 5 yards on 3rd and inches. If dolegala doesn't see the field and wilson doesn't throw we haven't lost any thing. 

Certainly a net positive. Unfortunately it still leaves us the most susceptible in the worst area. If you see habba, WJ, and thomas all on the field (either alone or plus 1) and edmonton runs, they are gonna get real good yardage. If we had Garbutt, adams, Woods, +/- Hubert on the field at the same time, Edmonton wouldn't stand a chance.

Considering how little we would've had to give up just to get Hubert back on the roster, its disappointing. Like noah hallett. 

Weitz as the global is kinda meh too. karamoko gives us more on teams imo, but who knows maybe weitz can grow into some thing. 

This is looking pretty good aside from the thin DL. I wish we'd added Adams and Hubert back in or at least one of them. Hubert over Charbonneau or Noah Hallett, as wbbfan mentioned above. And would Adams be better roster usage than the 4th American linebacker in Ayers or Griffin at this stage (in addition to being better usage than Randolph)?

19 minutes ago, K-Shack said:

This is looking pretty good aside from the thin DL. I wish we'd added Adams and Hubert back in or at least one of them. Hubert over Charbonneau or Noah Hallett, as wbbfan mentioned above. And would Adams be better roster usage than the 4th American linebacker in Ayers or Griffin at this stage (in addition to being better usage than Randolph)?

I would not take off ayers because of his special teams contribution, or Griffin, he plays on D a lot in the dime pack and is extremely good. Imo griffin has been better than holm this year. Randolph I like at guard, but a DI 7th ol is just poor usage unless you are using him a lot, and we won't. Eli will be the one coming on in the regular offence heavy set, as well as  having MCI and schmeckel.

23 minutes ago, K-Shack said:

Griffen is very important and  a guy we be real dumb to sit...Ayers too....and he's been growing his defensive reps each game and hasnt hurt us at all there

The rostering of a DA 7th oline guy is where Adams could slide right in....and should have really...Weitz as well could be replaced by Hubert...or give Samson a look.....we have enough Wetz type guys rounding out our ST's so his removal wouldnt effect using the least...plus he will never step foot on defense for any reps ...so again...whats the point?

1 hour ago, blue85gold said:

Opens giant can of worms... I'm wondering if the 7th oline on is really the back up oline who would go in if there is an injury. Wallace did over Eli previously. They seems to like Eli at that 6 oline spot more than they like him playing in one of the 5 oline spots. 

Is Wallace on the 6 game list?? Or is he done for the year. Think that kid could be a beast

5 minutes ago, ddanger said:

Is Wallace on the 6 game list?? Or is he done for the year. Think that kid could be a beast

6 game. He's on crutches and while it isn't impossible that he'd be back at the end of the year, I highly doubt he will. 

That kid was every thing advertised and soo much more. I especially love that he's taking it on him self to hone his physique into some thing better for the cfl. I look forward to seeing what he brings to camp next year. With polish far exceeding what was expected, and a year with marty plus an offseason I would not be surprised if he steals a starting G spot next year. 

1 hour ago, wbbfan said:

6 game. He's on crutches and while it isn't impossible that he'd be back at the end of the year, I highly doubt he will. 

That kid was every thing advertised and soo much more. I especially love that he's taking it on him self to hone his physique into some thing better for the cfl. I look forward to seeing what he brings to camp next year. With polish far exceeding what was expected, and a year with marty plus an offseason I would not be surprised if he steals a starting G spot next year. 

I believe he isnt on crutches...hasnt been for a while....and yup...he reminds me of 80's-90's era oline guys...he gonna be good...he already was for a rookie

1 hour ago, 17to85 said:

Yeah the best choice would be just have 6 OL and use the extra DL instead. Always disliked dressing 7 OL. 

yup it is a luxury if you have roster depth to do it...most teams dont....and we dont have the depth. on roster right now...nor a National to fill that role

47 minutes ago, 3rdand1.5 said:

Wow they run thin on depth on offence, and defensive backfield and heavy on Dline and LB

smart coaching in a way to basically try and shut our ground game down with fresh big bodies and make us beat em with pass.....which is what we should have done...will this be a loss of being out coached again??...we shall see

19 minutes ago, blue85gold said:

Nice for us that Leake isn't playing. He has broke a few games open this year.

Thats the truth. Brown is still a good back but not having to worry about the 1 2 punch is nice. Ford breaking runs though will still be a lot to fret about. Over all worried about how we will fair in the trenches. 

4 minutes ago, Booch said:

I believe he isnt on crutches...hasnt been for a while....and yup...he reminds me of 80's-90's era oline guys...he gonna be good...he already was for a rookie

yup it is a luxury if you have roster depth to do it...most teams dont....and we dont have the depth. on roster right now...nor a National to fill that role

smart coaching in a way to basically try and shut our ground game down with fresh big bodies and make us beat em with pass.....which is what we should have done...will this be a loss of being out coached again??...we shall see

Thats good, did he move to a walking boot? 

1 minute ago, wbbfan said:

Thats the truth. Brown is still a good back but not having to worry about the 1 2 punch is nice. Ford breaking runs though will still be a lot to fret about. Over all worried about how we will fair in the trenches. 

Thats good, did he move to a walking boot? 

I dont think he has anything to be honest....dont quote me...but pretty sure