Bombers at Elks GDT (Ford vs. Ford)

K-Shack

• K-Shack changed the title to Bombers at Elks GDT (Ford vs. Ford)
5 minutes ago, Booch said:

Ours is AWD variety with off-road suspension....I like ours better than a street rod

Hopefully the other looks more like a pinto tonight. 

keys to the game 

stop the run. gotta limit brown and ford on the ground. 

run the ball. Move the sticks stay in second and reasonable distance control the top 

Survive the qb switch. If we do 1 the swap will happen. Back up qbs are always tough to be ready for. 

Players to watch 

haba/garbutt. Reinforcements have arrived, their time to play with out producing is running low. 

bryant, see how close to peak for he is. 

kyrie, never know what to expect from him off an injury. 

Wheatfall. One big game and a big catch gave a lot of hope early. Let’s see if he can re find that. 

1 hour ago, Mr. Perfect said:

If you're first in yards per play on first down, and have the ranks we do on second down, you're clearly not running the ball enough. Brady needs 20 carries a game.

Or your OC is calling a brutal game...that makes no sense when u look at it 

Edited by Booch

1 minute ago, Booch said:

Or your OC is calling a brutal game...that makes know sense when u look at it 

Exactly my point. Our calls based on situational football have been baffling this season, especially early on.

It's not as bad as it was in June and July but still lots of head scratching decisions by Buck and going away from things that have been the bread and butter of our offence for the last four or five seasons.

We are way too pass happy given our issues in pass protection, and especially given the the receiving core we were forced to trot out early in the season given the injuries we had and inexperience of our players at the time.

26 minutes ago, Mr. Perfect said:

Exactly my point. Our calls based on situational football have been baffling this season, especially early on.

It's not as bad as it was in June and July but still lots of head scratching decisions by Buck and going away from things that have been the bread and butter of our offence for the last four or five seasons.

We are way too pass happy given our issues in pass protection, and especially given the the receiving core we were forced to trot out early in the season given the injuries we had and inexperience of our players at the time.

33 minutes ago, Mr. Perfect said:

If you're first in yards per play on first down, and have the ranks we do on second down, you're clearly not running the ball enough. Brady needs 20 carries a game.

Yup we have THE best RB in the league, might as well use him as much as possible. Don’t overthink, don’t get cute.

Edited by HardCoreBlue

11 minutes ago, captaincanuck12 said:

All but one CFL writer picked the Elks to win.  

I really hope Zack has a breakout offensive performance tonight. And I hope that Buck gets a good offensive game plan going.

They love trying to will a narrative into being.  Tait noted the Bombers are 9-0 after a bye week and the Elks are 0-7 after a bye since 2021…

It’s fine, they never admit it but media disrespect always adds a little gas to the fire for our guys.

Just now, Noeller said:

My only concern is MBT coming in later in the game and tearing us apart because we're wholly unprepared for him and his skillset, as much as it is...

See, I'd be fine with that. I feel if you play off and be patient with MBT, he's eventually going to throw you the ball as he doesn't have the patience to dink and dunk it down the field.

5 minutes ago, Mr. Perfect said:

See, I'd be fine with that. I feel if you play off and be patient with MBT, he's eventually going to throw you the ball as he doesn't have the patience to dink and dunk it down the field.

Fair enough, CC! Either way, if we can somehow generate actual offense, I think we'll be alright...

I'm thankful that we play the Elks back to back so that the car puns will end soon. ;)

1 minute ago, Noeller said:

Fair enough, CC! Either way, if we can somehow generate actual offense, I think we'll be alright...

And, if MBT is coming in, it's probably because we're dominating. 

12 minutes ago, Mr. Perfect said:

It all depends which ancestor is speaking to him that day....

28 minutes ago, JCon said:

I'm thankful that we play the Elks back to back so that the car puns will end soon. ;)

And, if MBT is coming in, it's probably because we're dominating. 

Ehhhh not necessarily.... Could be a 3-1 game where TF just isn't getting it done (and neither is Collaros, but we have no other options...) but I get what you're saying and hope you're right!