Bombers at Elks GDT (Ford vs. Ford)

K-Shack

25 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

BC has a soft schedule for last 4

Home vs Hamilton, Home vs Calgary, @Sask and Home vs Montreal

Bombers have to win out to control destiny.

Bombers, Sask and Toronto win next week and the playoff races are basically over.

The way BC and Hamilton have been playing lately I would not be shocked in the least if Hamilton won that game next Friday. 

46 minutes ago, Arnold_Palmer said:

All the negative Nancy’s are quiet now. 6 game winning streak, 1.5 games up on B.C. for first in the west and a 13 point win on the road against the “hottest team in the league” 

Am not quiet but still hold to my opinion that this team is not the juggernaut of yore, but the beneficiary of some very poor competition this year. But a win is a win.

3 minutes ago, Tracker said:

Am not quiet but still hold to my opinion that this team is not the juggernaut of yore, but the beneficiary of some very poor competition this year. But a win is a win.

lol. Just wearing rider gitch aren’t you. 6 in a row is 6 in a row. Gotta give them credit. Bombers D is legit. If their O wasn’t the worst in the league, they are the juggernaut   Put up 27. 6 turnovers. Should have been 50. 

Edited by Goalie

3 minutes ago, Tracker said:

Yeah sweeping back to backs with BC and Saskatchewan (aka the last two teams we've played in West Final and the 2nd-3rd place teams in West) mean nothing.

At this point wade is warming up the printer to print the West final in above seasonal Winnipeg in the fall tickets. 

O really really bad still tho. 6 turnovers and we put up 27 but maybe passing and running tds in same game opens the gates. 

Edited by Goalie

2 hours ago, Tracker said:

I think you're right. But the best of the bunch, is still the best of the bunch.

The good news is we do sometimes see flashes of improvement out of the offense. I didn't think collaros had happy feet tonight, aside from one Olie check down where he panicked.

Used his legs to make plays. Looks like he had some time in the pocket.

The biggest issue remains that he can't find the deep ball to save his life this year. He missed Lawler when he had a step.

I liked that he didn't force the ball down field as much as he has this past season. Went through the reads and opted out.

It's not a lot of passing yards but it's good play. Every week the bomber o shows JUST enough to think they can start to click. But 6 turnovers and that amount of offensive production... not good enough 

I read that we're one win away from clinching playoffs... I'll take that. This team could go off at any point and rack up points. They've underachieved offensively all season long. They're due to bust out and run up some scores. why not in the playoffs?

Just now, CodyT said:

I think you're right. But the best of the bunch, is still the best of the bunch.

The good news is we do sometimes see flashes of improvement out of the offense. I didn't think collaros had happy feet tonight, aside from one Olie check down where he panicked.

Used his legs to make plays. Looks like he had some time in the pocket.

The biggest issue remains that he can't find the deep ball to save his life this year. He missed Lawler when he had a step.

I liked that he didn't force the ball down field as much as he has this past season. Went through the reads and opted out.

It's not a lot of passing yards but it's good play. Every week the bomber o shows JUST enough to think they can start to click. But 6 turnovers and that amount of offensive production... not good enough 

I actually think the receivers let collaros down tonight. Lawler outside his first catch and drawing a PI call was useless. Wilson had the no catch that was damned close... few of those gassed balls that were catchable get caught this game is over a lot sooner than it was.

4 hours ago, do or die said:

Imagine if we played better....

We'd get 4 pts for a win??

--------------------------------

Late Sept in the CFL and the Bombers are the only team in the West with a winning record. I don't remember ever seeing that before. Which is either a statement on my memory or the West this year.

Edited by Deiter Fan

9 hours ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

Yeah so much momentum as Ford kept handing us the ball.

Elks are 3 games behind us with 4 games left.

Almost laughable for them to kick a FG thinking about tiebreak.

Edmonton wasn't beating them via the pass. They don't have the horses. They had to keep running the ball and they took out the guy who kept the defense honest. Game wasn't out of control when they pulled him.