Bombers at Elks GDT (Ford vs. Ford)

K-Shack

29 minutes ago, blue85gold said:

Lewis probably out muscles him for the ball but he could have at least made it hard on him. BA isn't winning any jump balls. 

He didn't have to win a jump ball, that was such a badly thrown ball all he has to do is step in front. The fact that a lame duck like that was completed is absolutely the most embarrassing thing I've seen in a football game that the riders weren't playing in.

2 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

He didn't have to win a jump ball, that was such a badly thrown ball all he has to do is step in front. The fact that a lame duck like that was completed is absolutely the most embarrassing thing I've seen in a football game that the riders weren't playing in.

Definitely embarrassing. Lewis came back to the ball though so their would have been a contest for it.

38 minutes ago, blue85gold said:

Definitely embarrassing. Lewis came back to the ball though so their would have been a contest for it.

lost in all that...should have been a 2 on 1 fight as Ford effed up and bit on the play action...and let his man go free...It wasn't really per say BA's main responsibilty...he was over top coverage/help....but he totally biffed it...and then Ford biffed the tackle as he came back to try and fix his oopsie daisy

19 minutes ago, Booch said:

lost in all that...should have been a 2 on 1 fight as Ford effed up and bit on the play action...and let his man go free...It wasn't really per say BA's main responsibilty...he was over top coverage/help....but he totally biffed it...and then Ford biffed the tackle as he came back to try and fix his oopsie daisy

Watched Lapo's defensive breakdowns this morning. That was about the only screw up he found ,in what he called a spectacular defensive effort. I wouldn't call it that ,exactly ,not after giving up all those yards on the ground.

7 minutes ago, Pete Catan's Ghost said:

....which brings me to the point that Jordan Younger gets a HC offer before Buck ever gets another sniff. Maybe not next season, but soon.

I'm not so sure. He's putting his stamp on this D, but I think there's still a perspective that he's learning on the job, inherited a great defense, and still has Hall around. 

1 minute ago, JCon said:

I'm not so sure. He's putting his stamp on this D, but I think there's still a perspective that he's learning on the job, inherited a great defense, and still has Hall around. 

Ya we were all saying the same things about Buck as recently as last year so let's give it time and see how he adjusts once he gets "figured out" kinda thing...

46 minutes ago, Piggy 1 said:

Watched Lapo's defensive breakdowns this morning. That was about the only screw up he found ,in what he called a spectacular defensive effort. I wouldn't call it that ,exactly ,not after giving up all those yards on the ground.

Working as intended.  You win via points not rushing yards

1 hour ago, Piggy 1 said:

I understand the Bombers had issues tackling on those long runs but I am not as concerned as some others are with the defence.

Sure they gave up a lot of running yards but it's not like rushing yards are worth more to a team than passing yards.

Does it matter if a team gives up rushing yards if they keep the other team off the scoreboard?

4 minutes ago, WinnipegGordo said:

I understand the Bombers had issues tackling on those long runs but I am not as concerned as some others are with the defence.

Sure they gave up a lot of running yards but it's not like rushing yards are worth more to a team than passing yards.

Does it matter if a team gives up rushing yards if they keep the other team off the scoreboard?

I get what you're saying, it's logical but I think everything matters. I don't think it's an either/or approach, ie more concerned with rushing yards given or more concerned with points against.

At the EOD there's room for improvement in all facets of the game. Throw it all into the same pile and work on all of it knowing most of it is all interconnected in some way.