Jets Preseason Thread 2024 edition

At long last the Jets are back in action albeit preseason and mostly the Moose Players to see who's ready for a promotion (or the be put on the recall list)

the backup goalies are playing tonight game is on TSN3 but tomorrow is going to be a streaming exclusive

460839247_1061780952616674_7779884136133

Edited by iHeart

Chibrikov looked good, Lambert picked it up in the third, Yager made some good passes but still a couple years away imo. Barlow great release but seems like he is struggling with the pace, gonna be tough watching that goof Mcgroarty if he plays well this year while we wait to see if Yager can have an impact. 

43 minutes ago, iHeart said:

WST Discord had some positive things to say about Kevin HE, I want to get excited for him but if I learned anything from the last few years the ones I'm most excited for are most likely not ready yet

Considering he was drafted this year it’s safe to say he’s not close to ready. 

30 minutes ago, HardCoreBlue said:

I'm just warming up my usual statements for this coming Jets season being surrounded by gross Oiler fans:

This year is our year!

No, then 2025/2026 year is our year!

Crap the year after that is our year!

Okay for sure the year after that year!

🙂

Just tell them to stop wasting McDavid's career. 

Just now, JCon said:

Just tell them to stop wasting McDavid's career. 

Thank you, inserted into my hip pocket with the rest of my chirps to pull out as appropriate. 🙂

I like the impression I give them that anyone can coach the Oilers:

McDavid and Draisaitl coming off for a change, coach looks at them and says what are you both doing, get back out there!

From Derek Van Diest:

“The regular season is hard, you have to make the playoffs, to do that’s obviously the singular focus going into training camp,” Winnipeg general manager Kevin Cheveldayoff said. “To a man, when we talked to the guys at the end of last season, we talked about how we need to be better, we need to find a way, whether it’s organizationally or individually, we need to be better somehow and all the players talked about that.”

I'm with you Chevy, make the damn playoffs and be better from last year but I'm curious to know, from your vantage point, how you have specifically set this team up to be in better position for this seasons playoffs compared to last year's playoffs other than 'find a way, be better somehow'?

in my mind, not good enough to say making the playoffs is our sole focus from a GM's perspective. I think it would be,  'We expect to make the playoffs and we expect to do well in post season. That's the expectations we have set to a man. Here's what my role has, is and will be in that process'.

Edited by HardCoreBlue

8 minutes ago, Goalie said:

Why do ppl think free agents will sign in Winnipeg. What can Chevy do exactly. Put a gun and force someone to sign here? Time to accept reality about Winnipeg and being the least desirable market in the league 

What a confusing statement to me.  First it's not just about free agents but anyways, then why the F have a GM in Winnipeg if no one wants to play here?

I guess Chevy can just point to the Winnipeg city sign anytime anyone questions his performance. 

Edited by HardCoreBlue

What he did. Trade a problem child who didn’t  wanna be here for a kid who does. Signed miller. Signed depth. 

i mean what did anyone else really do this off season. There were no blockbuster moves or anything. I’m not sure what ppl honestly expect. Signed Perfetti. I mean his off season was similar to every other teams 

didn’t overpay Toffoli. Let Dillon walk. Didn’t overpay Monahan. 

should he have traded guys out? Maybe but maybe he’s tried and there’s no takers or maybe a guy like Ehlers will sign a new deal. I’m not sure what else he can do. You can’t force ppl to sign here or waive no trade clauses to come here.  What did buffalo do or Detroit or really name a team not in a tax free state. 

Nashville won the off season by signing 33 year olds Plus to long term big $$$ deals. 

Edited by Goalie