Jets Preseason Thread 2024 edition

45 minutes ago, Goalie said:

What he did. Trade a problem child who didn’t  wanna be here for a kid who does. Signed miller. Signed depth. 

i mean what did anyone else really do this off season. There were no blockbuster moves or anything. I’m not sure what ppl honestly expect. Signed Perfetti. I mean his off season was similar to every other teams 

didn’t overpay Toffoli. Let Dillon walk. Didn’t overpay Monahan. 

should he have traded guys out? Maybe but maybe he’s tried and there’s no takers or maybe a guy like Ehlers will sign a new deal. I’m not sure what else he can do. You can’t force ppl to sign here or waive no trade clauses to come here.  What did buffalo do or Detroit or really name a team not in a tax free state. 

Nashville won the off season by signing 33 year olds Plus to long term big $$$ deals. 

I’m a curious guy and I’m simply asking on a discussion forum what Chevy’s plan is to make this team more playoff prepared/playoff tough cuz that’s where we’re struggling. The answers I’m seeing from him seem nebulous with little specifics. The answer might not be as straightforward as you’re presenting it and in a strange sort of way I’m defending him from you’re answer cuz I think his job is a bit more complex than you think in the decisions and approaches him and his team need to take. Good GMs get their team to the playoffs consistently, great GM’s get their teams consistently deep into the playoffs. Saying ‘cuz no one wants to play in Winnipeg’ doesn’t cut it.

There would have been a blockbuster if they traded Pionk but I had been informed off board he had a year left on his contract anyway

And to me the blockbuster part would be Pionk being gone even if for a draft pick

Edited by iHeart

12 hours ago, HardCoreBlue said:

Saying ‘cuz no one wants to play in Winnipeg’ doesn’t cut it.

But it is an important factor,  it's very hard to field a competitive team when 95% of the other clubs have the ability to sign any player that is available while your team can not.   

3 hours ago, Brandon said:

But it is an important factor,  it's very hard to field a competitive team when 95% of the other clubs have the ability to sign any player that is available while your team can not.   

Never said it wasn't an important factor of course it's a major challenge but that's the role of the GM.

The role is not to take the woe is me approach, make it where players want to be part of something here.

If the Oilers can do it, we can do it.

Interesting to note if jets tank. Ehlers and pionk probably return a 1st and prospect each. Yes pionk also. Teams are dumb at the deadline. If chiarot got a 1st and others, pionk would also. I’m sure if we had a generational talent, people would sign here also. 

Edited by Goalie

26 minutes ago, BomberBall. said:

Perfetti-Lambert-Iafallo

Barron-Yager-Chibrikov

Barlow-Kupari-Appleton

Shaw-Toninato-AJF

Samberg-Pionk

Fleury-Miller

Salomonsson-Coghlan

Lundmark-Bauer

From the morning skate.

Perfetti matched with Lambert looks intriguing.

On 2024-09-26 at 9:46 AM, HardCoreBlue said:

Never said it wasn't an important factor of course it's a major challenge but that's the role of the GM.

The role is not to take the woe is me approach, make it where players want to be part of something here.

If the Oilers can do it, we can do it.

Well I did say the Jets can learn from them

11 minutes ago, Goalie said:

Helle not great. 6 goals against on 22?shots. Chibrikov and Yager apparently standing out more than big bad Brad. 

Helle ****. 8 goals against actually on 29 shots. Wow. 

Yeah alot of bad breaks and bounces on him though,hate the Wild so load up now we will see you when it counts...

And Yager? 

My main issue with the McGroarity situation is that we gave up someone who was likely to be able to be a 2nd line center in the future and have no solution in site to an obvious team weakness. I was hoping due it his speed that Lambert could play the position better than Perfetti.