Jets Preseason Thread 2024 edition

1 hour ago, Colin Unger said:

And Yager? 

My main issue with the McGroarity situation is that we gave up someone who was likely to be able to be a 2nd line center in the future and have no solution in site to an obvious team weakness. I was hoping due it his speed that Lambert could play the position better than Perfetti. 

Yes but not yet. 

20 hours ago, Colin Unger said:

And Yager? 

My main issue with the McGroarity situation is that we gave up someone who was likely to be able to be a 2nd line center in the future and have no solution in site to an obvious team weakness. I was hoping due it his speed that Lambert could play the position better than Perfetti. 

I think McGroarty is most likely destined to be a winger. he's a gritty net front presence with good puck instincts, but not fast enough, nor a strong enough puck distributor to play center. 

20 hours ago, Colin Unger said:

Edited by Tony Fresco
Edited for double post

Chibrikov is way more noticeable than lambert Is. Dude plays an nhl style game and has some mitts also. Nino names Chibrikov 3rd line with Lowry and 2 defensive wingers as our shutdown line would be sick but we lack that 2 center so prob Perfetti names Ehlers. 

Me. I’d try this 

Perfetti Scheifele Vilardi - smart but slower 

Connor lambert Ehlers - speed to burn 

Nino names Chib - speed skill defensively strong and 2 wingers who can dig the puck out the corners   Hell Nino Scheifele Chibrikov would probably dominate the puck and 55 would score 55  

Gus Lowry Iafallo <- shutdown line. 

Edited by Goalie

This year it really looks like depth will not be our friend for the Jets. If injuries mount up the statement next man up does not give one a feeling of confidence.

The central division on paper looks strong not boding well for the Jets but hey we're all tied for 1st so all the unrealistic expectations are still in place that we can make some noise.

The articles I read on predications consistently place us on the outside looking in possibly squeaking in for a wildcard spot. Rebuilding year next year. Ugh.

Here's hoping for no injuries, Helle stands on his head, Perfetti shines, Ehlers makes it difficult on us to trade him, our defense pleasantly surprises us, our PP does a 180 from previous years and our PK plays an aggressive box putting us in the top ten of the league for pk percentage.

I know, the usual living in la la land to start to the season with heart broken at some point.

On 2024-09-29 at 10:27 AM, Colin Unger said:

And Yager? 

McGro isn't likely to be in the Pittsburgh lineup either. He has played like dog-poo so far.

18 hours ago, bb1 said:

I would like to see Dolan kept around, non stop motor and has done more in the pre season than Gus,don't really see where Gus fits anymore,no offense from him still.

What has Anderson-Dolan done?  He’s a grinder, sure, but I think Gustafsson is more of a true center.  I don’t know much about JAD, but he’s been mostly a winger.

30 minutes ago, BomberBall. said:

What has Anderson-Dolan done?  He’s a grinder, sure, but I think Gustafsson is more of a true center.  I don’t know much about JAD, but he’s been mostly a winger.

Yup and i think we need more grinders, i like Gus but he just doesn't bring enough speed or offense even for a 4c imo.😊

30 minutes ago, BomberBall. said:

Yup and i think we need more grinders, i like Gus but he just doesn't bring enough speed or offense even for a 4c imo.😊

It’s sad they keeping 3 goalies. Just can’t waive Comrie. Says it all. Won’t waive a guy who won’t be picked up and didn’t get a minute of preseason but send the kids down. Jets don’t learn. Hopefully we tank and are forced to sell pionk Ehlers and others at the deadline.